• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Anyone interested?

"Battlestar London" is planning on bringing Bear McCreary and his orchestra over to London UK to play all his brilliant music from the hit TV series Battlestar Galactica, live in Europe for the first time.

They need YOU to help them make this happen. If you want to be a part of this live event, please go to www.battlestarlondon.com and register your interest. As soon as there's further news, you’ll be the first to know.

Please feel free to pass this news on to as many BSG and Bear fans as you know. Battlestar London is hoping to put on the best possible show they can, and they need your help to get the word out there.

Source: http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/view … cleid=1508
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008 edited
    Clips from the BSG concert in the USA

Various clips and introduction by Baltar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Kvwbphe_4

A Distant Sadness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32mEB3kgBaw

Adama's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1rWjn4fS8

Would be great if this comes to London as well.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008
    Mmm... I don't dislike McCreary's score (in fact, it fits the series quite well!), but seeing it live?
    I think there are nowhere near enough melodic and cathartic highlights for a proper concert.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Probably not, but it would be a very enjoyable concert. A bit like the Games in Concert thing. Nothing special concerning the performance or complexity, but fun.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Probably not, but it would be a very enjoyable concert. A bit like the Games in Concert thing. Nothing special concerning the performance or complexity, but fun.

Um, disagree 100%!

The Games Live concert I saw in London more than a year ago showed fantastic musicianship. The music was 'complex' too. So there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008
    Not interested in this myself, but happy if it goes ahead, for the fans.

A shame that "proper" film music concerts in London seem to have died at the same time as Jerry Goldsmith. I remember a year when JG did two concerts, Williams did four and Barry did three. Wow. Now, nothing like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009 edited
    I'm going. Period.

Now all they have to do is sign, plan, organise, invite, sell, prepare and play. Simple!

(Whoops, this is a bit of a thread from the past, but I don't care)
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    Me toos. What happened to this?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nobody cared. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But people care about a BSG Ballet..... Sure, then there must be an audience for just a concert too?

Right? cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    But people care about a BSG Ballet.....

They do?
    uhm
    That's ... disconcerting.
  2. Hey Martijn,

I actually went to that ballet and it was quite good. The music was superb of course (brought by a live orchestra with some Taiko drums in the background), and the dance was quite interesting as well.

Now on top of that afterwards we had the chance to talk with Bear himself at the premiere after party which was open to everybody who had attended the premiere. Also present was his lovely fiancé/singer on almost all of his work Raya Yarbrough. She was utterly lovely to talk to as well.

So yeah, maybe a bit disconcerting to be so in to that music, but knowing the composer is going to be there does help.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    Was it based on that thing they call 'modern dance'?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. It was a modern ballet, but not really modern dance...

There was a neat sequence with staffs (the dancers used them as part of their act, but also as percussion instrument, playing part of what normally was played by Taiko's).

The section of the ballet that used the Roslin and Adama theme mixed with the celtic flavoured Adama theme was a 'pas de deux' that was danced in an oversized sort of fish tank, filled with a little bit of water.

It was a very emotional dance and perfectly fit the music.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    Thanks.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks.

You're welcome wave
  5. We were there as well, and it was nothing but spectacular.