• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2008
    I want to see Hans Zimmer and James Horner paired together. Then Horner would be able to give Zimmer a hard time like he did to Gabriel Yared in that interview. haha
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    elenewton wrote
    I want to see Hans Zimmer and James Horner paired together. Then Horner would be able to give Zimmer a hard time like he did to Gabriel Yared in that interview. haha

Zimmer would give him a swift backhander!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    haha that would be hilarious for sure!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Maybe people should stop accusing Zimmer of overshadowing JNH in Batman Begins? I don't know, maybe JNH actually wrote stuff that IS in the movie and score cd but in the end sound like Zimmer too?

Well, that's the problem. One composers voice over shadows the other. I'm sure that if Newton Howard had of scored the film on his own it's would not have sounded like a Zimmer clone. Do you see what I'm getting at? However, the Zimmer sound has been creeping its ugly face into JNH scores in the past few years or so... maybe that's where JNH wants to take his music... but then I hear stuff like The Water Horse and hear the JNH that we grew to know and love. Who knows... but I'm pretty sure Zimmer had more say on Batman Begins than JNH did.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    elenewton wrote

And Horner, because it's his style, would do the EXACT same thing back to Zimmer!

tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    elenewton wrote

And Horner, because it's his style, would do the EXACT same thing back to Zimmer!

tongue

-Erik-

A bit like anti-matter meeting anti-matter? ....cancelling each other out?! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Maybe people should stop accusing Zimmer of overshadowing JNH in Batman Begins? I don't know, maybe JNH actually wrote stuff that IS in the movie and score cd but in the end sound like Zimmer too?

Well, that's the problem. One composers voice over shadows the other. I'm sure that if Newton Howard had of scored the film on his own it's would not have sounded like a Zimmer clone. Do you see what I'm getting at? However, the Zimmer sound has been creeping its ugly face into JNH scores in the past few years or so... maybe that's where JNH wants to take his music... but then I hear stuff like The Water Horse and hear the JNH that we grew to know and love. Who knows... but I'm pretty sure Zimmer had more say on Batman Begins than JNH did.

-Erik-

He scored BLOOD DIAMOND alone and he still managed to make it sound like a Zimmer score wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

He scored BLOOD DIAMOND alone and he still managed to make it sound like a Zimmer score wink

Everyone says that, but I think only the action material is influenced by Zimmer. I've heard this score so many time now, it's pure JNH to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Chord procession during the dramatic material too wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Perhaps. If you could give an example? I personally think Blood Diamond is very much within JNH's style and it's not nearly as 'Zimmerish' as so many make it out to be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Perhaps. If you could give an example? I personally think Blood Diamond is very much within JNH's style and it's not nearly as 'Zimmerish' as so many make it out to be.

Delusional or just in denial, Steven?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Delusional or just in denial, Steven?

-Erik-

Both. But neither when it comes to Blood Diamond.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't own the score but it sounded very Zimmer'ish when I watched the film.
  1. Yes, Blood Diamond is in construction and harmony a Hans Zimmer score. There is lots of JNH put into it, but mostly on very subtle levels.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website