• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Maybe it's that he wrote the vast majority already, but they failed to mention that he's actually still writing the score? That's how I understood this.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Oh. I see. That might be it. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Spielberg is now promoting 'Bridge of Spies' and is being asked about the lack of Williams: http://news.yahoo.com/fall-movie-previe … 39190.html No new information really but nice to hear it from the horse's mouth.

AP: "Bridge of Spies" is the first film in years you've made without John Williams composing the score.

Spielberg: Johnny Williams will be back to do "The BFG." We've only not worked together twice in 42 years. The first one was "The Color Purple" in 1985 and the second time was because Johnny had a small medical procedure that precluded him from writing and scoring my movie in the window that he was going to do it. He's fine, he's 100 percent back to work on "Star Wars," but it sadly precluded him from working on "Bridge of Spies." I was able to work with Thomas Newman, who I'm a huge fan of. This is just a blip and we're both sad about it, but we're excited to get back together for "BFG" now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015
    JW talks about Alex North
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, that's from the elaborate SPARTACUS set from Varese from a few years ago.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think I could listen to John Williams talk about ANYTHING forever.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He's very eloquent and far more interesting than most composers vids I've seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote

Me too. I know Southall thinks he's boring, but I think he's fascinating to listen to.
  4. So do I. So do I.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote

Me too. I know Southall thinks he's boring, but I think he's fascinating to listen to.

Absolutely. I could also listen to more John Powell if he didn't keep saying 'you know'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015
    biggrin

Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHumaid
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015
    http://blog.afi.com/composer-john-willi … ent-award/

JW to become the first composer to receive a lifetime achievement award from the AFI.
    Truly deserved. This news made my day!
  5. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote

Absolutely. I could also listen to more John Powell if he didn't keep saying 'you know'.

Henry Jackman is pretty good in interviews i've seen where he's explaining his process. Love seeing Williams and also Horner chatting about their stuff.

On a John Williams note: My sister and her bloke went to a John Williams music concert in Manchester last weekend, both said it was ace - and they're not even film music fans in general. Gutted i live 4000 miles away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015
    Spielberg reveals that John Williams has a pacemaker.

48 minutes into the full interview below.
    http://www.dga.org/Events/2015/Dec2015/ … _1015.aspx

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, the story's been doing the rounds on various forums this morning. Thankfully, a pacemaker insertion is a routine procedure these days.

But regardless of that 'health update', I really recommend watching the whole video -- a rare chance to hear two masters talk about their craft, and nerd about film (even though the majority of the 1-hour talk is about BRIDGE OF SPIES).
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Whatever. Williams will keep scoring until he's 150.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Whatever. Williams will keep scoring until he's 150.

Indeed. Hope he has his mother's genes. She lived to almost a 100.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015
    No mention until now?

JAWS 2

I'm buying!

LOST WORLD next please!
  7. If I was a big fan of the first film's score I'd buy this without a second thought. Apart from the great end title I'm not too familiar either with Jaws 2.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015 edited
    Timmer wrote
    No mention until now?

JAWS 2

I'm buying!

LOST WORLD next please!

Fine score. Pleased with the existing release. Not buying. The End.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Great! Ordered!

4, 3, 2, ..... 1? Great expectations!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes, I'm sure 1 is coming soon.

I have to say I've reached saturation point now with things like this. It's probably 1000 CDs too late, but still. Jaws 2 is absolutely brilliant in every way but I can't have played the old album more than half a dozen times in the last decade so there really is no point me buying the new one, especially since it's very unlikely I'd like the extended programme as much as the original. I would though definitely buy the first Jaws if it included a remastered version of the original album.
  9. Fortunately there are others in the world who will appreciate this release...say, people who have never heard Jaws 2 (like me) and now have no need to waste money on an incomplete product.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Fortunately there are others in the world who will appreciate this release...say, people who have never heard Jaws 2 (like me) and now have no need to waste money on an incomplete product.

Incomplete product or not that original Jaws 2 album was superb!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. I'm with James here basically. But I have to admit, that for me this is a bit of collector's addiction. Having eventually all four sets from Intrada will result in something like the FSM Superman box. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Yes, I'm sure 1 is coming soon.

I have to say I've reached saturation point now with things like this. It's probably 1000 CDs too late, but still. Jaws 2 is absolutely brilliant in every way but I can't have played the old album more than half a dozen times in the last decade so there really is no point me buying the new one, especially since it's very unlikely I'd like the extended programme as much as the original. I would though definitely buy the first Jaws if it included a remastered version of the original album.

My saturation point was reached 15 years ago, just as these things were becoming commonplace. Now I'm just totally apathetic towards them. I sometimes register that they come out, sometimes not (I was recently surprised to find that NOT WITH MY WIFE YOU DON'T had an expanded release, for example), and then just move on.That being said, I'm glad they've decided to include the OST on the second disc. It would be a shame if these fine albums would become "non-existant", especially for people buying this score for the first time.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Erik Woods wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Fortunately there are others in the world who will appreciate this release...say, people who have never heard Jaws 2 (like me) and now have no need to waste money on an incomplete product.

Incomplete product or not that original Jaws 2 album was superb!

-Erik-

I'm sure it was, just as I'm sure that the playlist I will eventually make from the expanded release will be even more superb! (To me.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    just as I'm sure that the playlist I will eventually make from the expanded release will be even more superb!

Making your own album? Without expert help?

Goodness me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    just as I'm sure that the playlist I will eventually make from the expanded release will be even more superb!

Making your own album? Without expert help?

Goodness me!

You can't do that. You can't.

-Erik-