• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    If I was a big fan of the first film's score I'd buy this without a second thought. Apart from the great end title I'm not too familiar either with Jaws 2.

dude it's John Williams material in an age where he could do no wrong.
    You'll change your mind once you'll hear it digitally wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015
    Totally shocked to find I do not own this one on CD (only on vinyl).
    Well. THAT makes the choice whether to buy a lot easier! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Totally shocked to find I do not own this one on CD (only on vinyl).
    Well. THAT makes the choice whether to buy a lot easier! smile

That was my main reasoning too. I still have the vinyl and I did have a CDR transfer ( now lost but I don't care ) so this release is a must have. I'm looking forward to hearing the unreleased material but also agree with those here who love the original album which was very satisfactory.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. The first one couldn't stay behind. Newly 2CD version of Jaws
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. This is amazing.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2015
    I'm 38 years old on Monday which feels far too old to be getting excited by the release of a tracklisting. But still, here's a tracklisting which excites me.

http://www.amazon.fr/Star-Wars-7-Bande- … 014V6JIQK/
  4. I pity people who won't get exited any more about some fancy and playful stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015
    It's STAR WARS, It's JOHN WILLIAMS!

I'm one of the oldest here and I AM EXCITED!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWashu
    If you're not excited for this then you don't like film music! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015 edited
    I think everyone here at this board is excited by this one.

How can anyone not be? We're running out of truly iconic legendary film composers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There'll be some arse who declares their indifference. There always is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have my copy on pre-order since forever!
    (Well, last week. But it FEELS like forever! dizzy )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. I know this will seem a banal and pointless post to some but I just wanted to say how excited I am that this week we're getting a new 'Star Wars' score by the world's greatest living composer. I can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015
    Music by J.T. "Johnny" Williams. Very excited.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Very excited.

Me too!
  6. I'll see the film first time Friday afternoon with a couple of students of mine after school. These past weeks it feels like I have become the school's official Star Wars expert. smile Some daddies will attend too. When I get home thereafter the score will be waiting for me alongside Morricone's "Hateful Seven".

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    When I get home thereafter the score will be waiting for me alongside Morricone's "Hateful Seven".

Catch up mate, he's done 'Eight' now you know.
  7. Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    When I get home thereafter the score will be waiting for me alongside Morricone's "Hateful Seven".

Catch up mate, he's done 'Eight' now you know.

biggrin Mixed that up with another Western that is currently being remade.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Until someone hopefully makes a some better album artwork:

THIS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah. Nice. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Is the album artwork that's been shown actually the final thing? When it first appeared I assumed it was just a holding cover before they released the real thing. Still might be, I guess.
  8. I actually like the artwork. It's pretty close to the 1977 one. As they are going all retro anyway, it would fit.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    I'm 38 years old on Monday which feels far too old to be getting excited by the release of a tracklisting. But still, here's a tracklisting which excites me.

http://www.amazon.fr/Star-Wars-7-Bande- … 014V6JIQK/

These track titles, which disappeared shortly after I posted the link, are now confirmed as correct. I'm even more excited now that I'm 38 years and two weeks old than I was when I was 37 years and 51.5 weeks old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Southall wrote
    Is the album artwork that's been shown actually the final thing? When it first appeared I assumed it was just a holding cover before they released the real thing. Still might be, I guess.

The official soundtrack website still lists "Please note ‘Soundtrack Cover Not Final’", so I've kind of expected it to change once it finally lands. At least a difference between the regular and deluxe editions, which currently both have the same cover. I'm thinking at least the regular release will get a cover based on the theatrical poster, in keeping with previous SW soundtrack releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The cover could be John Williams' arse for all I care, I just want to hear the damn thing already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BobdH wrote
    Southall wrote

The official soundtrack website still lists "Please note ‘Soundtrack Cover Not Final’", so I've kind of expected it to change once it finally lands. At least a difference between the regular and deluxe editions, which currently both have the same cover. I'm thinking at least the regular release will get a cover based on the theatrical poster, in keeping with previous SW soundtrack releases.

That's what I thought. Somebody at FSM has posted a photo of the actual CD though, and it does indeed feature the "temporary" cover.
  9. Gustavo Dudamel just announced on Facebook that he conducted the 'opening music' and closing credits of 'Episode VII'.

"When John [Williams] called and asked if I would conduct the opening music and closing credits for this historic film, I remember thinking “he’s joking”. John has such a wonderful sense of humor and I somehow thought that there must be a catch. It turns out, there was: I couldn’t tell anyone, and John wasn’t going to tell anyone, either!! We kept it a total surprise, so that when I walked into the studios to lay down the Star Wars tracks in October, it took EVERYONE by surprise: musicians (some of whom were from the LA Phil), the Lucas creatives, the Disney lawyers - you see, John had managed to keep it a complete surprise from everyone except for him and George Lucas! John Williams is the Mozart of our day. I cannot tell you how inspired I felt when I held his score in my hands for the first time, stunned by the beauty of his writing, he's a genius. You know, we play John's music all the time at the LA Philharmonic, he’s like family to us. Even my four-year-old son Martin sat in the sound booth cheering. You cannot imagine - utter joy for his father."
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015 edited
    Southall wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Southall wrote

That's what I thought. Somebody at FSM has posted a photo of the actual CD though, and it does indeed feature the "temporary" cover.

Is that the 'deluxe' cover that's doing the rounds? Because with all the embossing and stuff you can do with those letters I kind of expected the deluxe to have that cover. Still hoping for a more 'theatrical poster' version of the jewel case regular one...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015
    I'm with the Captain. I really like the echo of the very first album.