• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017
    Review of Lights, Camera... Music! Six Decades of John Williams, conducted by Keith Lockhart:

http://www.movie-wave.net/lights-camera-music/
  1. Your review convinced me to order the album.

smile Volker
    "Did you see anything out there?" - "No. Why? What happened?" - "The ship just got herpes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017 edited
    " Lights, Camera... Music! Six Decades of John Williams" what a great album.

Lockhart is a very good interpret of the music of John Williams, this album is ESSENTIAL.

Truly a great gift.. and now I expect a volume 2!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    Bespin wrote
    Truly a great gift.. and now I expect a volume 2!!!

I certainly hope there will be one -- and that it also includes some of the lesser-performed pieces.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017
    I watched a Perry Mason last night from 61-62 called The Case of the Ancient Romeo and I heard the Jaws theme except for the last note it was identical. Could it be that Williams' did work for the CBSlibrary back then?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I watched a Perry Mason last night from 61-62 called The Case of the Ancient Romeo and I heard the Jaws theme except for the last note it was identical. Could it be that Williams' did work for the CBSlibrary back then?

Listen to the 4th movement of the 9th Symphony of Dvorak.

All is in the development :-)
  2. Bespin wrote
    sdtom wrote

Hm ... listen to the first seconds of Bernard Hermann's theme from North by Northwest. Or better still, listen to John Williams. smile

Volker
    "Did you see anything out there?" - "No. Why? What happened?" - "The ship just got herpes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017
    Or listen to Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring", for Chrissakes!

No, Tom, to my knowledge Williams did not work on PERRY MASON or the CBS library.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Captain Future wrote
    Bespin wrote
    sdtom wrote

Hm ... listen to the first seconds of Bernard Hermann's theme from North by Northwest. Or better still, listen to John Williams. smile

Volker

I know you've said this before but I maintain that any similarity between Jaws and NXNW is fleeting and coincidental at most.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2017
    N...
    X...
    N...
    W

Did you just make that up? rolleyes kill
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wasn't that a rap group?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. It's a student housing facility at Western Washington University. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Or listen to Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring", for Chrissakes!

No, Tom, to my knowledge Williams did not work on PERRY MASON or the CBS library.

I'm not saying that he copied anything only did the cue maybe had something to do with him
    listen to more classical music!
  5. I was on my phone and couldn't be arsed to type the whole thing out, okay? shame