• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    David wrote
    Possible track listing for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as posted over at JWFan.com

FAKE FAKE FAKE!

-Erik-

You know it's fake or you hope it's fake?

I'd put money down that it's fake!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull cover art

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6 … SS500_.jpg

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Sweet merciful Jesus. I love it!
  1. I would never have thought they could make Karen Allen look more attractive than Cate Blanchett... Artists are wonderful and strange people! shocked
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I would never have thought they could make Karen Allen look more attractive than Cate Blanchett... Artists are wonderful and strange people! shocked

Karen Allen still looks good and Cate is the baddie! cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

No surprise there! Totally in keeping with the other three cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

No surprise there! Totally in keeping with the other three cool

Sort of... the off centre poster on the Last Crusde album looked... odd.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    The way the cover art's designed looks like Decca's releasing it. The same font and placement for that subtitle is exactly the same as for War of the Worlds.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    The way the cover art's designed looks like Decca's releasing it. The same font and placement for that subtitle is exactly the same as for War of the Worlds.

Are you saying that you still don't believe that Concord is releasing this?

BTW, the two albums are actually designed quite differently. The War of the Worlds soundtrack has MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE at the top with the MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY JOHN WILLIAMS at the bottom on the cover. And the MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY JOHN WILLIAMS are the same size font on the WOTW album while on the KOTCS cover the AND and BY are a smaller size. So, they aren't that similar.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Hey Dan,

Any chances for a "First Listen"?

All Best,
    -Basil
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Not so fake track listing...

1. Raiders March
    2. Call of the Crystal
    3. The Adventures of Mutt
    4. Irina's Theme
    5. The Snake Pit
    6. The Spell of the Skull
    7. A Whirl Through Academe
    8. The Journey to Akator
    9. "Return"
    10. The Jungle Chase
    11. Orellana's Cradle
    12. Grave Robbers
    13. Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold
    14. Secret Doors and Scorpions
    15. Oxley's Dilemma
    16. Ants!
    17. Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed
    18. The Departure
    19. Finale
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008 edited
    From this day forward I vow not to listen to the Raiders March until the release of this score! (Kinda like like waiting to have sex until married. Except nothing like that. biggrin )
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    From this day forward I vow not to listen to the Raiders March until the release of this score! (Kinda like like waiting to have sex until married. Except nothing like that. biggrin )

Yeah but you know the second one isn't worth it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    16. Ants!

Yay! smile

Southall wrote
    14. Secret Doors and Scorpions

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww crap. This is gonna be fun! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    With all this excitement building, I hope it's not a let-down. Williams has coped admirably with sky-high expectations in the past, but given how long it's been since he wrote any film music they're more sky-high than ever this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    With all this excitement building, I hope it's not a let-down. Williams has coped admirably with sky-high expectations in the past, but given how long it's been since he wrote any film music they're more sky-high than ever this time.

The Achilles heel of this score.
  2. Like with all sequels 50% will say that it's too similar to the predecessors, the other 50% will say that it's not similar enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Again I will rely on my music philosophy with this new Indy score. If it's similar to the previous ones, that's great. If it's not, that's also great. (And my Williams fanaticism will always help of course.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it's down to what everyone will expect from such a score. A score which - due to its form, the pre-existing data around and about it but also the sentimental value, is something extremely rare in our days. I am personally neutral on the specifics and styles that he'll use, i just expect to be blown away by whatever John Williams comes up with for this movie which will surely be just perfect.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm looking forward to Jordi's strange opinions. Actually, that's a lie - I'm not at all.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As long as it keeps true to the spirit of the old scores then I'll be happy. I don't want all-new.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Perhaps we can draw a lesson from the Star Wars series - indeed, the gap here is actually bigger than the one between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace. There, he seemed to be writing in what was identifiably the same sound world, but there were certain differences.

I suspect this will be a different score from the one he would have written had the same film been made in 1991, say - remember that Last Crusade barely featured any familiar Indy music, but since it's been a long time since then, he will probably be more eager to use the familiar themes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm looking forward to Jordi's strange opinions. Actually, that's a lie - I'm not at all.

I'm not!

....oh, hang on....
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C wrote

-Erik-

No, of course not. Perhaps Concord is using a same design strategy to maintain a form of continuity with Williams' more recent soundtrack releases.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C wrote

-Erik-

No, of course not. Perhaps Concord is using a same design strategy to maintain a form of continuity with Williams' more recent soundtrack releases.

That's what I thought. It looks like a Williams cover (and not just because it has Indy on the front!) tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C wrote

-Erik-

That's what I thought. It looks like a Williams cover (and not just because it has Indy on the front!) tongue

You know that the same designs has been used by Sony Classical and various other labels with countless other composers... Danny Elfman, James Horner, etc. Just look at the Spiderwick art on Lakeshore. I don't think any one label OWNS that style.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Is anyone else going to get the score but wait until they see the movie to first hear it? This might be the only Indy film some of us get to see at a cinema and I for one want to experience it in its true glory! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Is anyone else going to get the score but wait until they see the movie to first hear it? This might be the only Indy film some of us get to see at a cinema and I for one want to experience it in its true glory! punk

I hope to get an advance copy and have it on my show for you all to enjoy... if you choose to... a few days before the CD and film are out! Let's see if I can work my magic on this one.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

I hope to get an advance copy and have it on my show for you all to enjoy... if you choose to... a few days before the CD and film are out! Let's see if I can work my magic on this one.

-Erik-

Well that's a show I won't be listening to. Sorry Erik! wink wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I would much rather wait to own the CD before I listen to it (quality for one thing), but that's just me. I'm sure you'll pull in a fair few listeners with an Indy special!