• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008
    Matt C wrote
    shocked

How ahead in advance do you get the copies? biggrin

It depends. It could be weeks before or sometimes only a day before the CD release.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Erik Woods wrote

confused

Why the hell wouldn't they send me a copy?

-Erik-

It's true Matt, they may not know him like we do. biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008 edited
    I still haven't ordered a copy of TKOTCS. shame

Erik Woods wrote
    I actually presented the world broadcast premiere of The Phantom Menace back in 1999 that actually shut down the entire college internet server due to the amount of listeners trying to tune in on-line to the live stream.

-Erik-

Nice!

biggrin cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I hope to get an advance copy and have it on my show for you all to enjoy... if you choose to... a few days before the CD and film are out! Let's see if I can work my magic on this one.

-Erik-

Just where do you think you'll get an advance copy? I know you have quite a few contacts in the music world (like Giacchino and McKenzie), but I don't know if Concord will do that.

But have you gotten new Williams scores in advance a few years back? confused

What an odd post.

confused

Why the hell wouldn't they send me a copy?

As for getting Williams scores... in the past 11 years I've received ALL of John Williams' new scores on CD for FREE... including radio advances of ALL 3 Star Wars prequel scores. I actually presented the world broadcast premiere of The Phantom Menace back in 1999 that actually shut down the entire college internet server due to the amount of listeners trying to tune in on-line to the live stream.

-Erik-

Strong the force is with this one cool wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    smile

I guess the thing to prove to the record company is a suggestion of how many extra copies of the album will be sold as a result of playing it on the show. I don't know what the "break-even" point would be where the benefit of the extra sales compensates for the expense of sending out the promo (and the lost revenue from you not buying one yourself), but I imagine it's very low - no more than a handful of copies would need to be sold to make it worthwile.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Indeed, it's a shame no one is trying to promote Call Of Duty Finest Hour, hint, hint! wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    smile

I guess the thing to prove to the record company is a suggestion of how many extra copies of the album will be sold as a result of playing it on the show. I don't know what the "break-even" point would be where the benefit of the extra sales compensates for the expense of sending out the promo (and the lost revenue from you not buying one yourself), but I imagine it's very low - no more than a handful of copies would need to be sold to make it worthwile.

You guys make it seem like I've never asked or received promo albums before. This is quite amusing!

Anthony wrote
    Indeed, it's a shame no one is trying to promote Call Of Duty Finest Hour, hint, hint! wink tongue

I did... you just missed that particular program.

wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote

Anthony wrote

I did... you just missed that particular program.

wink

-Erik-

Don't put salt on the wound. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    smile

You guys make it seem like I've never asked or received promo albums before. This is quite amusing!

I was trying to explain it to others - not you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    smile

I was trying to explain it to others - not you!

Ok...

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    Hell, with a lot of composers, if you ask, they give.

(Go Chris Lennertz! kiss )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Hell, with a lot of composers, if you ask, they give.

I dare you to ask John Williams!

"Hello, I'm from the internet and I want you to send me a free copy of your CD please. Thanks."
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lol!

I didn't mean it like that. tongue
  2. Southall wrote

"Hello, I'm from the internet"

Whos from the internet?? confused
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
  3. Oops

shame
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
  4. LSH wrote
    Southall wrote
    UK release date seems to be weeks after US so it'll be quicker (and cheaper) to buy it from Amazon.com

What I've frequently noticed is that the Amazon UK release dates initially appear to be the same and then they push them back about 10 times.

Sometimes Amazon UK uses the US release date and mentions that it will take 4-6 weeks to ship. By that time it's usually out in the UK.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Matt C wrote
    Which retail store is more likely to ship out Indy 4 the fastest?

I'm sure that whichever store sells Indy 4 first it will be only a matter of minutes before Jordi and other will be listening to it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Matt C wrote

I'm sure that whichever store sells Indy 4 first it will be only a matter of minutes before Jordi and other will be listening to it.

.........and will start commenting on it!!!!! omg shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Matt C wrote

And not taken seriously in the slightest.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Matt C wrote

Are you really that impatient?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I haven't even ordered it yet... rolleyes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Neither have I. I'll order it when I order it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I keep forgetting. But I don't know where I'm going to order it anyway. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Steven wrote
    Matt C wrote

Well, I want to get into that mode of Indy before I see the movie. Ergo, I've changed my mind.

But of course you guys overseas will get yours faster than any of us in the U.S will.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Matt C wrote
    Steven wrote
    Matt C wrote

Well, I want to get into that mode of Indy before I see the movie. Ergo, I've changed my mind.

But of course you guys overseas will get yours faster than any of us in the U.S will.

Err...how? We get nothing faster than you guys... slant dizzy
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Well, don't you guys get the upcoming Varese Sarabande releases earlier than the U.S.? slant

I wouldn't be surprised if Concord releases Indy 4 a week early in Europe.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope so. biggrin

I've never had anything early from Colosseum, but I know some people have. Still, you guys get the movies first. wink smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    Still, you guys get the movies first. wink smile

Nope.

Belgium has Indy 4 on May 21st. tongue
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    Anthony wrote

Nope.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! THE WORLD IS IMPLODING!!! explode (in reverse)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Anthony wrote

Nope.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! THE WORLD IS IMPLODING!!! explode (in reverse)

YOU need to get out more!

spin