• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. 30 second clips don't tell didly, this score will not dissapoint. But I wait until I see the movie, only then will I listen to the music. I have self controll tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Don't go between them and don't open your eyes!
    Keep the faith!
    Mind the gap!
    Use the Force!

Go between them?! Are you crazy?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Keep the faith!
    Mind the gap!
    Use the Force!

-Erik-

biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthortimme
    Indeed the flesh is weak and I listend to all the clips! I must say this is 300% John Williams. And I am not dissapointed! Can't judge is because 30 sec is to short, but I'm with what I've heard! I'm glad that Williams is back!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Keep the faith!
    Mind the gap!
    Use the Force!

-Erik-

Keep your ears SHUT! wink
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Oh well, I had to listen to them, and I have to agree with timme above - this sounds very much like John Williams. Obviously 30-second clips don't say very much, but a couple of interesting observations.

SPOILERS

The German/bad guys-motif from Raiders makes an appearance in one of the tracks. I'm talking about the theme which amongst others crops up in "Map Room: Dawn" on the Raiders album.

Marion's Theme is definitely used (not much of a surprise) - at least it's in the Finale-track. And in a very nice version, too. Very similar to the one from Raiders, but not completely identical.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    I had to hear them (in the same way I can't resist Krispy Kreme donuts)!

I'm impressed enough. More than enough!

This'll be the longest two weeks of my life!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I no listen. I wait!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    Erik Woods wrote
    I listened to them and none of them really impressed me.

Same here. I guess my problem is that it all sounds so... familiar. I heard "The Chase Through Coruscant" from Attack of the Clones in at least two different cues.

On the other hand, the Crystal Skull theme was much more to my liking. It was eerie and threatening and mysterious -- I'm lovin' it.
  3. These clips sound a lot like the 90's/2000's Williams and not so much like the previous Indy scores. Listening to the clips I can say that it's hardly John Williams at his most original. They still sound good, though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Antineutrino wrote
    90's/2000's Williams and not so much like the previous Indy scores

Hmm...while I love the old Indy scores to death, the newer style of Williams's action music blows me away! I'll welcome either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That is worrisome. I thoroughly dislike Williams' late 90s/early 00s style. slant
    Oh well, we'll see. But music-wise I have just lowered my expectations a notch (just so not to be disappointed).
    I'm quite sure though the movie is going to be the event of the decade! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    That is worrisome. I thoroughly dislike Williams' late 90s/early 00s style. slant

shocked

Are you mad??
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think my predilection towards Williams' more Romantic side has been well documented.
    War Of The Worlds bores me to tears with its groaning, rumbling nihilism.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I like both. The newer scores sound ''bigger''. I hate the term, but his action music sounds more ''bombastic''. Utapu chase, Whomping Willow etc. rule. I hope this is similar (but I'm still not listening to the samples!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, if it's only slightly in line with his work on the Harry Potter films, I'll be ecstatic!
    However, when it goes A.I/War Of The Worlds/Attack Of The Clones... well, I'll be an unhappy Martijn. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I couldn't disagree more. A.I and WAR OF THE WORLDS rang among my favorite Williams' works.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't like any of those scores either. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    WOTW sucks. tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I love the modern Williams. Did anyone seriously expect him to suddenly ditch 20 years of his own musical evolution and go back to writing in a style he abandoned? (Especially given that he didn't do it with the Star Wars prequels.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    WOTW sucks. tongue biggrin

If you hadn't been confirmed as clinically insane in the other thread, this would have done the trick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    I don't like any of those scores either. slant

What do you like!? dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You kiss tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    o.m.g
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The new Star Wars scores are nothing to the old ones. Sure, Duel Of The Fates and some of the action music is awesome, but the rest doesn't hold up. Don't get me started on War Of The Worlds though... sleep

I can't wait for Indy 4, even if it's half of what Raiders was it's going to be awesome! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Minority Report? You don't like that either?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    The new Star Wars scores are nothing to the old ones. Sure, Duel Of The Fates and some of the action music is awesome, but the rest doesn't hold up. Don't get me started on War Of The Worlds though... sleep

The rest doesn't hold up!? Good god man. Good GOD. slant shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

The boy obviously has a strong grasp on the reality of the world. He puts into words what we all know to be true.
    Do not hate him for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Some opinions are just wrong!