• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    The only TINTIN that makes sense to me is our own Martin Provost's nickname. Is that TINTIN movie thingy for real!?

Yeah, it's for real. You have to live in Belgium to fully understand it tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked Please explain
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    shocked Please explain

TinTin, also known as Kuifje (don't ask me for a literal translation of that name: trust me on this one) is a typical Belgian hero. Y'know, a little dorky schoolboy, but always ready for adventure with his little doggie, made up by Herge, a man from Brussels. I'm just glad Spielberg wasn't a fan of Suske & Wiske.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    shocked Please explain

TinTin, also known as Kuifje (don't ask me for a literal translation of that name: trust me on this one) is a typical Belgian hero. Y'know, a little dorky schoolboy, but always ready for adventure with his little doggie, made up by Herge, a man from Brussels. I'm just glad Spielberg wasn't a fan of Suske & Wiske.

A travelogue too with Tintin exploring many exotic locations.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    The only TINTIN that makes sense to me is our own Martin Provost's nickname. Is that TINTIN movie thingy for real!?

Spielberg is making Tintin with Peter Jackson. Spielberg directs one movie and Jackson the other.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Spielberg is making Tintin with Peter Jackson. Spielberg directs one movie and Jackson the other.

-Erik-

And they'll ask another director of their stature to direct the third one. Brett Ratner is in talks*.

*... and it's a pretty lonely conversation
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And Spielberg is doing this?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    And Spielberg is doing this?!

Did you just skip over everything that I wrote. YES, SPIELBERG IS WORKING ON THIS as producer and director.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My.God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    My.God.

Still don't see why this bothers you? It was a childhood favorite of Spielberg's so there is an emotional connection there. I'm really interested to see what Spielberg and Jackson are going to do... and Williams doing animation.... YUM! lick

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hey hey hey!

Tintin (or Kuifje in Dutch) is a great comic series! 22 albums which I've read all! I loved them. It had everything, adventure, political issues (and even now, the books raise discussions), even some scifi. The album Destination Moon was written many years before the moon landing and was actually quite accurate!!

I think it's already a long time planned project of SPielberg. He always wanted to direct one of the stories.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Hey hey hey!

Tintin (or Kuifje in Dutch) is a great comic series! 22 albums which I've read all! I loved them. It had everything, adventure, political issues (and even now, the books raise discussions), even some scifi. The album Destination Moon was written many years before the moon landing and was actually quite accurate!!

Agree. A very popular character in Belgium, Spain, France, The Netherlands, etc, and as James has said, it brings back loads of childhood memories. Now that´s the Spielberg I´m looking for.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Just out of interest and slightly off the current trend.

What are eveyones feelings towards Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets. I listened to it today, and there was a lot of good, varied action cues, along with supporting temes for lockhart and dobby. To cap it all off the exquisite fawkes theme is for me the most beuatiful cue of the last 10 years. From what I remember (which could very well be worng) there is some negativity towards this score, but I love pretty much every minute of it!

Discuss!!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yeah, it's for real. You have to live in Belgium to fully understand it tongue

Then why do I know it? I read the books when I was a kid and I swear there was a TV show as well... dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Just out of interest and slightly off the current trend.

What are eveyones feelings towards Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets. I listened to it today, and there was a lot of good, varied action cues, along with supporting temes for lockhart and dobby. To cap it all off the exquisite fawkes theme is for me the most beuatiful cue of the last 10 years. From what I remember (which could very well be worng) there is some negativity towards this score, but I love pretty much every minute of it!

Discuss!!

I just listened to that score a few minutes ago and if you could transplant Spiders and Dueling the Basilisk into Indy IV then I think my view of the score would change. IMHO, those two action cues in Chambers are exactly what I was hoping for in Indy IV. Hell, replace "The Jungle Chase" with "The Whomping Willow" from Prisoner of Azkaban. Now that's what I call a classic Williams action cue. I absolutely LOVE that six note motif.

BTW, the rest of Chambers is dynamite. Great new themes, great use of previously existing themes, wonderful new music... it's my second favorite Potter score.

-Erik-
  2. I can´t wait for the Tintin movies. I think I read all the books at least ten times each when I was young, and while I loved the old animated movie about the Inca stuff (where Gibson got his ideas for Apocalypso, no doubts there), I ignored the animated series completely due to unsatisfactory execution. But this CG thing might work... can´t wait, as I said. Andy Serkis as Haddock is a casting stroke of genius...

The earlier stories were quite ridiculous sometimes, but the later ones captured my imagination again and again. That two-parter about the moon-landing was extraordinarily realistic and tense as hell. Tim´s search (yes, it´s Tim in Germany) for his missing friend Chang in Tibet was highly dramatic.

I can´t imagine which stories they will do in those three movies, cause there are so many which are absolutely brilliant.

But I can only hope for Williams to be in top form when he starts composing for this...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Speaking of Tintin, any word on whether it will be hand or computer animated?
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    It will be computer animated. A la Beowulf, Monster House and The Polar Express. The word is that the movie will use some new 3-D CGI rendering or something like that to make it stand out and look good.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Matt C wrote
    It will be computer animated. A la Beowulf, Monster House and The Polar Express.

Pfft. Shame on you, Spielberg.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Eh, I wouldn't immediately discount it because of that particular CGI technique. If both Spielberg and Jackson are behind this, I think it could work very well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    If it were just Spielberg I'd hold out more hope. But seeing King Kong made me rather lose interest in Jackson.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Spielberg is a very tight-paced director. His movies usually don't run longer than 2 hours (unless they're for good reasons), so if the two co-direct the third film it'll have a tighter pace than Jackson's previous four films (excepting The Lovely Bones).
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    Matt C wrote
    Spielberg is a very tight-paced director. His movies usually don't run longer than 2 hours (unless they're for good reasons),

You know, this sounded wrong to me so I checked the run times of all his movies. It turns out that Spielberg hasn't made a movie under 2 hours since Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Hell, replace "The Jungle Chase" with "The Whomping Willow"

Dang, I was talking to a friend last night and said ''Is there anything like the Whomping Willow cue?'' and they said nothing was that consistent. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Dang, I was talking to a friend last night and said ''Is there anything like the Whomping Willow cue?'' and they said nothing was that consistent. slant

Bingo!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Bingo!

-Erik-

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    For those saving up their hard earned money to purchase the ridiculously expensive rare and OOP CD of The Accidental Tourist ($87.99 at Amazon) can now buy it at a reasonable price from FSM.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=9843

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    One of his least interesting scores, I think, but great that it's available to a wider audience. I will still buy it (I only have a CDR)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008 edited
    King Rao wrote
    Matt C wrote
    Spielberg is a very tight-paced director. His movies usually don't run longer than 2 hours (unless they're for good reasons),

You know, this sounded wrong to me so I checked the run times of all his movies. It turns out that Spielberg hasn't made a movie under 2 hours since Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

No, he did, actually. It was War of the Worlds (clocking in at 116 min.), but even he was very surprised to see how short it turned out. He prefers a longer ride, indeed, delivering films mainly round the 120 minute mark, more then not over it (Minority: 145, Amistad: 152, A.I.: 146; his average is about 135 min.). However, he never 'stretches' it; all his films take exactly the time they need to. It's one of the reasons why I love him cool
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    King Rao wrote
    Matt C wrote

No, he did, actually. It was War of the Worlds (clocking in at 116 min.), but even he was very surprised to see how short it turned out. He prefers a longer ride, indeed, delivering films mainly round the 120 minute mark, more then not over it (Minority: 145, Amistad: 152, A.I.: 146; his average is about 135 min.). However, he never 'stretches' it; all his films take exactly the time they need to. It's one of the reasons why I love him cool

A.I. feels like it's about 8 hours long. One of Spielberg's few misses in my book.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.