• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Jeff Bond adds a review that is particularly damning from our perspective. He says the score is mixed so low that it barely makes an impact except for when the old themes are quoted.

Shoot. So maybe the first time I hear it won't be during the movie. tongue biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Apparantly Concord plan to re-release the Indy scores in a 4 CD set...woop...let's all get duplicates of KOTCS. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hmm. I'm already pretty sure the same thing will happen with the films being released on Blu-Ray - they'll release KOTCS later this year, then next year will do a box set of all four films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Hmm. I'm already pretty sure the same thing will happen with the films being released on Blu-Ray - they'll release KOTCS later this year, then next year will do a box set of all four films.

But with the DVD's, you can at least get good versions of the older films in a seperate boxset as well. If they'll only release a 4-disc boxset, instead of a 3-disc, I'll be annoyed. It should be a 3-disc, of a 6-disc, nothing in between angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008 edited
    Indy bores me just from the descriptions....I keep checking this thread only to hear news of Williams and Potter....if ONLY that silly rumor of Williams scoring Half-Blood Prince would turn out to be true...!!!

I mean, the finale of the story...with (SPOILERS)

the death of Dumbledore, the scene at the tomb and Harry sacrificing his love for Ginny to go after Voldemort....what gloriousness could Williams produce for this???
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Scribe wrote
    ....what gloriousness could Williams produce for this???

Indubitably something epic to underline the solemnity of the drama.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Martijn wrote
    Scribe wrote
    ....what gloriousness could Williams produce for this???

Indubitably something epic to underline the solemnity of the drama.

biggrin
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    What do people think is the best Indy cue out of the whole quadrilogy now?

While I still haven't heard KOTCS (I doubt anything in it will beat the previous scores though anyway), my vote goes to Flight From Peru. The sheer epicness of the Raiders March at the end of it is mindblowing!!
  1. Whoa... what a question.

Although I like the Raiders March, my personal favourite of all time is The Map Room.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008 edited
    'The Map Room' is definitely one of my favourites too. They're far too many Holy Grails to choose from within the Indy scores, and I certainly don't want to risk choosing... poorly. So I won't.

edited because clearly I suffer from mild dyslexia.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm with Ralph (and partially with Steven wink ): The Map Room is my favourite cue of all, although there are many I love. In the end it's all just gradations.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Steven wrote
    'The Map Room' is definitely one of my favourites too. They're far too many Holy Grails to choose from within the Indy scores, and I certainly don't want to rick choosing... poorly. So I won't.

I certainly don't want Rick choosing either. Who is he and how did he get in a position to to decide? tongue

DAMN RICK!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Rick prefers Zimmer anyway. He's pretty generick that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lay off Rick will ya? Jeez.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    OK, he's fired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I'm with Ralph (and partially with Steven wink ): The Map Room is my favourite cue of all, although there are many I love. In the end it's all just gradations.

A lot to chose from?

I'm with others here on The Map Room but I'm also very pertial to Only The Penitent Man May Pass ( havent got the album in froont of me, is that correct? ) and, of course Desert Chase
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote
    I'm with others here on The Map Room but I'm also very pertial to Only The Penitent Man May Pass ( havent got the album in froont of me, is that correct? ) and, of course Desert Chase

This week I have played both the map room and other ark tracks and the penitent man will pass on repeat a lot. The latter is NP actually! I love that theme. And let's not forget the end credits with a spine tingling version of the grail theme as well.

I could not choose either, but I'd like to say that although Williams' action cues get on my nerves sometimes, The Last Crusade is the only score I can listen to from start to finish and love every second of it, also the chases and everything.

(Still haven't found my copy of Temple of doom by the way... )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

The concert arrangement "Parade of the Slave Children". One of the most wonderful pieces of his career.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

The concert arrangement "Parade of the Slave Children". One of the most wonderful pieces of his career.

How many recordings are there of this? I don't think it's on the OST? It's a pity that the Indy trilogy hasn't had as many re-recordings as the Star Wars trilogy. I'd love for JW to record a CD w/ the Boston Pops of all the concert arrangements (might as well include the ones from the new film as well)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    tjguitar wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

How many recordings are there of this?

The only JW-conducted one I've got is on the Spielberg album he did with Boston Pops.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

The only JW-conducted one I've got is on the Spielberg album he did with Boston Pops.

There are two that I know of. The Williams conducted version which goes on and on and on and on... and shorter version performed by the Cincinnati Pops conducted by Erich Kunzel.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

There are two that I know of. The Williams conducted version which goes on and on and on and on... and shorter version performed by the Cincinnati Pops conducted by Erich Kunzel.

-Erik-

which was on their Speilberg CD, I imagine?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008
    ...backtracking to the TINTIN thing, I was under the assumption that this was a LIVE-ACTION adaptation of the comic book?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thor wrote
    ...backtracking to the TINTIN thing, I was under the assumption that this was a LIVE-ACTION adaptation of the comic book?

It will be done using motion-capture, like Beowulf.
  3. DemonStar wrote
    Thor wrote

don't think so, this will be a live action film
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Thor wrote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_%28film%29#Films

AND

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796 … ery=tintin

Quote: "Spielberg is collaborating with Peter Jackson for a motion capture film trilogy, starring Thomas Sangster and Andy Serkis. Spielberg and Jackson said a live action adaptation would not do justice to the comic books."
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Could somebody's who's re-arranged Crystal Skull into film order please post the new tracklist? It would be muchly appreciated smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No one has actually mentioned the "continuum" that was used in the Indy 4 score. I assume it's the weird (almost choral) sound heard at the beginning of "Call Of the Crystal"?
  4. DemonStar wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Thor wrote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_%28film%29#Films

AND

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796 … ery=tintin

Quote: "Spielberg is collaborating with Peter Jackson for a motion capture film trilogy, starring Thomas Sangster and Andy Serkis. Spielberg and Jackson said a live action adaptation would not do justice to the comic books."

ohhh, this looks like it could fail dizzy
    ahh I'm Belgian but I'm not a fan of TinTin, so who cares biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh