• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008 edited
    The Indy 4 score is great! I was expecting it to be pretty bland, after reading several negative reviews, but it Mr. Williams pulled through with this one! The new themes are all very good (I think there are three of them), and all sound well thought out. I can't wait to see the film again to hear exactly how and where the music is used (though I'll likely wait for the DVD)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    The Indy 4 score is great! I was expecting it to be pretty bland, after reading several negative reviews, but it Mr. Williams pulled through with this one! The new themes are all very good (I think there are three of them), and all sound well thought out. I can't wait to see the film again to hear exactly how and where the music is used (though I'll likely wait for the DVD)!

Surely you mean the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Original Film Music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack that was used in an Original Motion Picture) score is great?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Surely you mean the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Original Film Music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack that was used in an Original Motion Picture) score is great?

Ha, of course that's what I mean! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008 edited
    I was doing some audio editing today and got a little side tracked. A few weeks ago I was think about my all time favorite John Williams moments/pieces. Well, I needed a distraction this morning and this is what I "threw" together. It's not the cleanest edit of all time but I think what you will hear are some of the all time greatest cues of Williams career. Yes, I'm missing a lot... but I picked 10 movies (it became 11 to bridge a gap between two tracks) and their greatest cues. I'm not happy with my selection of Born of the Fourth of July but it was the only part of the concert theme worked. Sacrifices. BTW, there are 2 cues from Jedi in the suite... and that's my least favorite of the original trilogy. Anyway, enjoy! If you want me to list the order of cues let me know.

Also, this is just for fun.

John Williams Suite (320K mp3) - 39.1 MB
    Click HERE

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008 edited
    Er.. edit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Er.. edit?

Not the whole thing... errrr. Anyway, enjoy! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTimon
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    An enjoyable listen. I expected Star Wars to open the suite and the raiders march to be included somewhere but you are only half predictable. (For a 39.1 MB download I also was hoping for something more longer, but there you put it: 320k)

Nice idea, these smaller favorite moments put together. I'm going to do the same thing some time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods
    Click HERE

Cool, I'll go check it out as soon as I can. smile
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Erik Woods wrote
    Click HERE
    -Erik-

Great stuff, good one Eric beer
    'Jedi' may not be your fav, but the two you chose are punk
    The Dark Side Beckons is JW in top gear religioso mode, out of this world !!
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    I was doing some audio editing today and got a little side tracked. A few weeks ago I was think about my all time favorite John Williams moments/pieces. Well, I needed a distraction this morning and this is what I "threw" together. It's not the cleanest edit of all time but I think what you will hear are some of the all time greatest cues of Williams career. Yes, I'm missing a lot... but I picked 10 movies (it became 11 to bridge a gap between two tracks) and their greatest cues. I'm not happy with my selection of Born of the Fourth of July but it was the only part of the concert theme worked. Sacrifices. BTW, there are 2 cues from Jedi in the suite... and that's my least favorite of the original trilogy. Anyway, enjoy! If you want me to list the order of cues let me know.

Also, this is just for fun.

Click HERE

-Erik-

Excellent job !

punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    good stuff, thoroughly enjoyable! But do you have a tracklisting or something? 90% are bloody obvious and recognizable but then again there's the other 10% smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You leave that up until I get home Erik. I want to hear it! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    good stuff, thoroughly enjoyable! But do you have a tracklisting or something? 90% are bloody obvious and recognizable but then again there's the other 10% smile

Sure. I'll even tell you where the edits are.

Track 1 - Superman: The Movie (The Planet Krypton) 0:00
    I use the original soundtrack recording right until the end and then at 1:17 I fade in the ending on Kunzel's version to give it a nice, clean out.

Track 2 - Jaws (The First Victim) 1:22
    This is the re-recorded track from the original MCA release.

Track 3 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Opening/Let There Be Light & The Visitors/Bye/End Titles) 2:48
    This opens with the orchestral blast from "Opening/Let There Be Light" and segues into the Close Encounters main theme from "The Visitors/Bye/End Titles." And there is a quick edit at 5:01 which goes from the original soundtrack recording to a re-recording done by Williams and the BPO. The BPO has a cleaner out.

Track 4 - Empire of the Sun (Cadillac of the Skies) 5:20
    This is a combo of two performances. It opens with the original soundtrack recording but I didn't like the way the original recording ended so I edited in Williams re-recording with the BPO at the 6:09 mark. I love the splash of cymbals in the BPO version and it has a cleaner ending.

Track 5 - Raiders of the Lost Ark (The German Sub/To The Nazi Hideout) 6:32
    My favorite version of the Raiders theme. This edits seamlessly into...

Track 6 - Return of the Jedi (Final Duel) 7:59
    One of the most emotional piece of music ever composed for the Star Wars saga.

Track 7 - Revenge of the Sith (Anakin's Dark Deeds) 9:45
    This big timpani hit was initially from The Fury but there is way too much distortion on the re-recording so I used the last big hit from Anakin's Dark Deeds.

Track 8 - The Fury (Death on the Carousel) 9:52
    One of the most incredible finale pieces of Williams' career. This comes from the re-recording performed by the LSO

Track 9 - Schindler's List (I Could Have Done More & Theme from Schindler's List (Reprise) 11:27
    I wanted to feature more from "I Could Have Done More" as I love how the piece opens up but it really takes it's time to get to the main theme and there was no clean out unless you play the piece in it's entirety. So, I edited in the reprise of the theme at 12:26.

Track 10 - Born of the Fourth of July (Theme) 13:31
    This is the re-recording performed by the BPO and I love the way this concert version ends with the dramatic timpani hits. And Tim Morrison's trumpet solo is breathtaking.

Track 11 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Buckbeak's Flight) 14:57
    The drums from the opening of the track to bridge the gap between Born of the Fourth and...

Track 12 - Return of the Jedi (The Sail Barge Battle) 15:07
    My favorite motif from the Star Wars trilogy. This is actually a combo of two versions. The track begins with the original soundtrack recording but I then edit in Charles Gerhardt's version at 15:46 because I absolutely adore the way he ends the piece.

Track 13 - E.T. (Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye) 16:05
    Easily the best finale of Williams career and a perfect way to end the suite.

Total Time: 17:06

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    Click HERE

Great job, Erik! Beautiful suite! punk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks for the kind comments guys. If there is one thing that I would change it would probably be to add in "The Force Theme" from Star Wars. Anyway, I'll do another one soon featuring another composer. Horner is the obvious choice... I was thinking of 18 minutes of Da-Da-Da-Daaaaaaaaaa!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I look forward to your next one. This is gonna make one helluva playlist in iTunes, especially if you are doing a third one? (*cough* Goldsmith *cough*)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I look forward to your next one. This is gonna make one helluva playlist in iTunes, especially if you are doing a third one? (*cough* Goldsmith *cough*)

Holy Jesus. I don't know where to begin with Goldsmith.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Goldsmith is a pain in the arse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

Goldsmith is a pain in the arse.

lol

-Erik-
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Click HERE

-Erik-

I clicked on the link but I don't think anything happened. I got a "busy hourglass" when I clicked but after that, nothing! Is the link still working?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008
    Did you try right clicking and save as?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Click HERE

-Erik-

I clicked on the link but I don't think anything happened. I got a "busy hourglass" when I clicked but after that, nothing! Is the link still working?

Hmmm, that's odd. It works fine for all the rest of us, it seems... confused
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Did you try right clicking and save as?

This seems the better way...5-minutes and counting!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    what browser are u using?
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    what browser are u using?

Opera 9.50
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It is still up and working just fine.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

biggrin

(Sorry. I'm immature, what can ya do?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

biggrin

(Sorry. I'm immature, what can ya do?)

Yup... that too! wink

-Erik-
  5. Anyway, to bring things back to a more palatable subject...I'm listening to the suite Erik and I like how you have started off with "The Planet Krypton".

Nice suite!