• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    I'm afraid I can't hear such a similarity either, but then again it's been a long time since I listened to the "Marche Slave".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009
    You better give listen now, then you most probably find the similarity. But as i said earlier, Maestro wasn't completely inspired from that, in fact, very lightly.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Hedwig's Theme has been announced as the most popular film music piece among young people at Classic FM, beating out other popular scores like Jurassic Park and PoTC.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Thanks, I was listening to Classical FM the other day in the car and missed the winner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Hey, Have you all forgotten this thread? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    No, but there's nothing new going on around Williams, as far as I know. We are all waiting for his Tintin score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    And hoping he comes back to score Deathly Hallows.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Me too. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    keky wrote
    No, but there's nothing new going on around Williams, as far as I know. We are all waiting for his Tintin score.

Well, while there isn't much going on in terms of new scores yet, there's plenty going on in other arenas. For example, Slatkin and Naxos' announcement recently that they're going to record ALL of Williams' concertos. Sounds fantastic (even though I own all except the three that has never seen the light of day), but I believe it when I see it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    keky wrote

Well, while there isn't much going on in terms of new scores yet, there's plenty going on in other arenas. For example, Slatkin and Naxos' announcement recently that they're going to record ALL of Williams' concertos. Sounds fantastic (even though I own all except the three that has never seen the light of day), but I believe it when I see it.

That's news to me. I look forward to it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    keky wrote

That's news to me. I look forward to it.

Me too. I just hope Slatkin can get over his health issues.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Sunil wrote

No but you can always post a random and pointless comment to keep it alive. tongue

And please no bananas.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Sunil wrote

And please no bananas.

Ok! what about eggs and tomatoes? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Those aren't fruits, and therefore do not count.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Is Quentin Crisp also a vegetable?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    Martijn wrote

I know, but he said no bananas, obviously, i should try for mixed of eggs and tomatoes. Do you get my point? wink
  2. Sunil wrote
    Martijn wrote

I know, but he said no bananas, obviously, i should try for mixed of eggs and tomatoes. Do you get my point? wink

No, but do you?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  3. To eat?

Or to attack with?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Both. I always carry a bunch around with me in my pants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Bananas are multi functional ! biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Since the last episode of South Park, bananas freak me out!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Southall wrote
    Both. I always carry a bunch around with me in my pants.

lol

That must be some pants !!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stretchy ones like Hulk wears I 'spect!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Strechy bananas? shocked
    This thread is degenerating. angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Why is tomato not a fruit? I can't possibly see why that is.

With all my brains.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    AH!

I'm SO glad you asked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009 edited
    Botanically, a tomato is the ovary, together with its seeds, of a flowering plant: therefore it is a fruit. However, the tomato is not as sweet as those foodstuffs usually called fruits and, from a culinary standpoint, it is typically served as part of a salad or main course of a meal, as are vegetables, rather than at dessert in the case of most fruits. As noted above, the term vegetable has no botanical meaning and is purely a culinary term. Originally the controversy was that tomatoes are treated as a fruit in home canning practices. Tomatoes are acidic enough to be processed in a water bath rather than a pressure cooker as "vegetables" require. [...] Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs. Nor is it the only culinary vegetable that is a botanical fruit: eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini and pumpkins) share the same ambiguity.

No thanks. smile
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Why is tomato not a fruit? I can't possibly see why that is.

With all my brains.

Each one with a single cell.
  5. Rian wrote
    Botanically, a tomato is the ovary, together with its seeds, of a flowering plant: therefore it is a fruit. However, the tomato is not as sweet as those foodstuffs usually called fruits and, from a culinary standpoint, it is typically served as part of a salad or main course of a meal, as are vegetables, rather than at dessert in the case of most fruits. As noted above, the term vegetable has no botanical meaning and is purely a culinary term. Originally the controversy was that tomatoes are treated as a fruit in home canning practices. Tomatoes are acidic enough to be processed in a water bath rather than a pressure cooker as "vegetables" require. [...] Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs. Nor is it the only culinary vegetable that is a botanical fruit: eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini and pumpkins) share the same ambiguity.

No thanks. smile

I thought that explanation looked familiar. slant

And please I would never ever want to be attacked with a tomato. Oh the humility !!! freezing

And the mess it leaves. crazy