• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    Ah, did we? Must have wiped that from my memory. It's extremely arrogant. slant
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Steven wrote
    What really bugs me is on the official website, they describe them as "the greatest scores ever composed."

They are without a doubt my favourite scores of all time, but a remark like that still annoys me. rolleyes

Also, this will be showing in Britain again next year. Birmingham I think?

You can pick and choose wink London, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Newcastle

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/#_tourdates

It was here a few weeks ago and couldn't go. I had to work. slant
    Next time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Come to London!! Go oooonnn. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Steven wrote

Ha ha. That would be fun. I'm planning to get there in 2011 only- in the mountains of Wales, England and Scotland anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I might try to go to the Birmingham one. Didn't Anthony go to it last year (or this year) in London? I think he gave a positive report.
  1. Tintin wrote
    Steven wrote

Ha ha. That would be fun. I'm planning to get there in 2011 only- in the mountains of Wales, England and Scotland anyway.

Martin. Remember to give us a shout nearer the time so that we can arrange a gathering. Maybe even include a walk?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tintin wrote
    Steven wrote

Martin. Remember to give us a shout nearer the time so that we can arrange a gathering. Maybe even include a walk?

Definitely!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tintin wrote
    Steven wrote

Definitely!

Sure will. It would be fun to do a gathering. It is a bit far yet but it will have to be planned since it will be a longer walking/hiking trip. Unlike the hiking in Spain a few years ago, I think I will need my raincoat, no? When would be the best time in terms of less rain: June/July , July/August or August/September?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited
    August / September but it can still be unpredictable.

If it was Scotland I would recommend May to early June as once the midges get into their stride it can be utterly interminable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Eric wrote
    Dunno if it has been mentioned anywhere else but "Star Wars : In Concert" is coming to Antwerp on March 30th - 2010 . Ticket sales start this wednesday december 16th . Moren info right here . YOOHOO , I can't wait !!

punk

wow, super

Bregt, Eric, Gilles, we are ordering this all together eh, so that we can cheer as STAR WARS nerds sitting right next to each other
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    August / September but it can still be unpredictable.

If it was Scotland I would recommend May to early June as once the midges get into their stride it can be utterly interminable.

Indeed. The hilly parts of Britain are the rainiest so you can't guarantee anything (I did have two weeks in the Scottish highlands a few years ago without a single drop of rain but I think that's pretty unusual - when I went to Snowdonia in June this year there was freezing fog and subzero temperatures at higher altitude).

I just looked at average monthly rainfall in the English Lake District and it's lower in July (48mm) than June (58mm) or August (69mm). The rest of the UK doesn't see so much rain as our reputation suggests (London's average rainfall is considerably lower than Amsterdam or Brussels and a bit lower than Paris).
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    It will have to be after June 20th. That's when my trimester at school finishes. So July does sound like the best time to get there. Thanks for the info Tim and James.
  3. Timmer wrote
    ...once the midges get into their stride it can be utterly interminable.

I'm one of the lucky people who don't seem to be bothered much by midges. Much to my cost. Many a time I was sent out from the caravan, when on Skye holidaying, to bring in the washing once the rain started.

In my experience of holidaying on Skye, the beginning and end of the summer usually gave the best weather: late May/early June then late August/early September.

But as was said earlier, it's pretty unpredictable. Even when the weather reports predict bad weather the microclimate can mean that the weather is the complete opposite!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Eric wrote
    Dunno if it has been mentioned anywhere else but "Star Wars : In Concert" is coming to Antwerp on March 30th - 2010 . Ticket sales start this wednesday december 16th . Moren info right here . YOOHOO , I can't wait !!

punk

wow, super

Bregt, Eric, Gilles, we are ordering this all together eh, so that we can cheer as STAR WARS nerds sitting right next to each other

Holy crap, sure thing bro ! May the Force be With Us on that evening. punk beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    Last week I read in my local newspaper that there would be a concert in the concert hall in my town where a concert band / symphonic wind ensemble (what's the word?) with some local choir would play music from Star Wars. So I decided to buy tickets and I thought we'll see.

It was awesome! punk

This was the programme after the intermission:

1. The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme) with choir
    2. Princes Leia's Theme with choir
    3. Duel of the Fates with choir, obviously
    4. Yoda's Theme
    5. Battle in the Forrest
    6. The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's Funeral with choir
    7. Augie's Great Municipal Band with choir
    8. Star Wars Main Theme with choir

I think the first two pieces blew me away the most. Because I thought the choir was there for Duel of the Fates it surprised me when they started singing there too, but it was really cool. And loud. There's no such thing as a live performance. Goosebump stuff... I'm listening to my CD now, feeling a little bit disappointed with CD and audio system. I thought it was really great.
    dizzy

By the way, this was the programme before the intermission:

Leonard Bernstein - Candide Suite

George Gerschwin - Rhapsody in Blue

Arturo Marquez - Danzon no. 2

It was the 'Harmonieorkest St Michael van Thorn' and 'Zuid Nederlands Concert Koor' conducted by Ivan Meylemans. And as if the whole experience wasn't awesome enough, tickets were only 14,75 Euro.
  5. Now that sounds interesting! TIM with choir? I get goosebumps from the idea alone. ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    There's no such thing as a live performance.

Yes there is, I've seen it happen before with my very own eyes! (you mean: 'there's nothing like... :p).

But that sounds very cool! Imperial March with choir, woohoo! Now I want that too in Gent, or I'm not going!
    How was their Duel of the Fates? That's a VERY tricky piece!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BobdH wrote
    But that sounds very cool! Imperial March with choir, woohoo! Now I want that too in Gent, or I'm not going!

I strongly suggest you don't go to Gent.
    The concert is in Antwerp...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    BobdH wrote

I strongly suggest you don't go to Gent.
    The concert is in Antwerp...

Right. But I also want the Darth Vader choir in Gent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Man, you're demanding. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    Bregje wrote
    There's no such thing as a live performance.

Yes there is, I've seen it happen before with my very own eyes! (you mean: 'there's nothing like... :p).

Hehe! biggrin You're right, that's what I meant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited
    Bob and Bregje (and Martijn?), would you go to this concert?

I don't have tickets yet because I was undecided for some reason, so we can gather and buy them together.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Now that sounds interesting! TIM with choir? I get goosebumps from the idea alone. ^^

It was really cool. But Princess Leia's Theme with choir as well, you know how that piece is built up, it was great how the choir swelled as well.

It had something LOTR-ish too. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    Bob and Bregje (and Martijn?), would you go to this concert?

I don't have tickets yet because I was undecided for some reason, so we can gather and buy them together.

I want to go! We haven't decided yet. I'll let you know.
  6. Bregje wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Now that sounds interesting! TIM with choir? I get goosebumps from the idea alone. ^^

It was really cool. But Princess Leia's Theme with choir as well, you know how that piece is built up, it was great how the choir swelled as well.

It had something LOTR-ish too. wink

Interesting thought. I can imagine how the whole thing soars above every other performance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I must say I'm undecided as well. I don't like the venue all that much.
  7. But.... it's............. Star Wars ????????????????? shocked confused
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    It's a laser show with some Star Wars music, yes smile
  8. OK let me try this again:

It's a laser show..... with full motion clips.......... set on music from Star Wars ?????????? confused shocked confused shocked confused shocked
  9. Meaning of course that I will not miss it ! wink