• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bregje wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Bob and Bregje (and Martijn?), would you go to this concert?

I don't have tickets yet because I was undecided for some reason, so we can gather and buy them together.

I want to go! We haven't decided yet. I'll let you know.

you have to come Bregje, I've already ordered our tickets for Mario, Eric (and I presume his wife), my brother and myself. Please come, it will be a blast

and to all those that are still deciding, this is a once in a lifetime event. Are you really gonna let this one pass? angry smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

you have to come Bregje, I've already ordered our tickets for Mario, Eric (and I presume his wife) ...

Nope the wife stays home , she isn't a movie music fan .
    It's actually my son who's coming along ...
    He's Star Wars nuts and knows a lot about the saga - so be warned ! biggrin wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Eric wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

you have to come Bregje, I've already ordered our tickets for Mario, Eric (and I presume his wife) ...

Nope the wife stays home , she isn't a movie music fan .
    It's actually my son who's coming along ...
    He's Star Wars nuts and knows a lot about the saga - so be warned ! biggrin wink

aha, a nut
    very good to hear that, he'll feel right at home with us then beer

still haven't received my tickets yet sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    aha, a nut

Yep , he probably will - he's a very social kid - makes friends easy .

The tickets will come , it's still early days ... wink
  3. Eric wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    aha, a nut

Yep , he probably will - he's a very social kid - makes friends easy .

The tickets will come , it's still early days ... wink

hehe, good to know that
    I already know now it will be one amazing evening, can't wait beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Bob and Bregje (and Martijn?), would you go to this concert?

I don't have tickets yet because I was undecided for some reason, so we can gather and buy them together.

Actually, I'm still a bit undecided as well. Mainly because I'm not much of a Star Wars nut. Granted, I love the music, but I've already heard the best parts of all scores live with large orchestras on 2 occasions.

However, a friend of mine thinks about going, and he has the added advantage of a car, what would save a lot of money. So I'm more or less thinking: if he goes, I will too... but if he won't, I won't either smile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    Hey guys, I need your input!

I've assembled an iTunes playlist of my beloved John Williams "religious sound" (more or less, a couple of the selections stray on the outskirts of the sound only). It's two hours worth, and they're still in alphabetical order by movie title, so I need to make a nice, flowing compilation out of it with my limited skills. Still, I wondered if I've forgotten anything:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … ssound.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Sorry man, I can't help you, I'm not an album producer!

(Sorry, couldn't resist smile)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    fommes wrote
    Sorry man, I can't help you, I'm not an album producer!

(Sorry, couldn't resist smile)

Well, neither am I, and no matter how I'll put it together, it will never sound anything like a professionally produced album - even though we're talking about the much easier task of COMPILATIONS here, not score albums.

What I wondered about here, though, is if you know of any OTHER Williams tracks that have this sound that I may have forgotten. You certainly don't need to be an album producer to know that.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

I've assembled an iTunes playlist of my beloved John Williams "religious sound" (more or less, a couple of the selections stray on the outskirts of the sound only). It's two hours worth, and they're still in alphabetical order by movie title, so I need to make a nice, flowing compilation out of it with my limited skills. Still, I wondered if I've forgotten anything:

I like your choices Thor, I like them a lot!

I'm having difficulty thinking of something to add? Howabout giving The Farewell Scene from Nixon a listen? See if that fits your criteria, it certainly would mine.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

I like your choices Thor, I like them a lot!

I'm having difficulty thinking of something to add? Howabout giving The Farewell Scene from Nixon a listen? See if that fits your criteria, it certainly would mine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that, and it's a very nice track, but I felt that "Meeting With Mao" captured the sound even better on that soundtrack.

I thought these choices would be up your alley, though. I'm going to make another playlist of non-Williams practioners of the same sound, and I'll be back for more recommendations then. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm sure I'll be of help on your next compilation. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I just thought of another one that may be a contender, The Miracle from Heidi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Hmmm....there's definitely something going on from about 2:45 to 3:20 that is indeed close to the sound, but not much otherwise? Perhaps that was the segment of the track that you were thinking of?

There are some tracks that have brief "outbursts" of the sound, but then move somewhere else completely. Same with NONE BUT THE BRAVE, "Main Title", from 0:40 to 1:00, which harkens back to Rozsa's version of the same.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Hmmm....there's definitely something going on from about 2:45 to 3:20 that is indeed close to the sound, but not much otherwise? Perhaps that was the segment of the track that you were thinking of?

There are some tracks that have brief "outbursts" of the sound, but then moves something completely elsewhere. Same with NONE BUT THE BRAVE, "Main Title", from 0:40 to 1:00, which harkens back to Rozsa's version of the same.

You're absolutely right, I just gave the track a listen ( and one that I always thought was worth having this score for, it's a truly great piece of music but the rest of it doesn't do much for me ) and I'd say that apart from that moment it was a bit of straw clutching on my behalf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    Anyone seen this? I kinda like the remix of "The Imperial March" smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Artworks wrote

Cool!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Artworks wrote

Daft Punk remixes 'The Imperial March' ! biggrin
    Sounds pretty cool though ...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cool
  4. Eric wrote
    Artworks wrote

shocked rolleyes

Let's count ourselves lucky that Empire wasn't written 30 years later.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Sounds awful vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Eric wrote
    Artworks wrote

shocked rolleyes

Let's count ourselves lucky that Empire wasn't written 30 years later.

uhm spin ...okay?!
  5. Okay what confused

And no, I'm not that guy in disguise.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A Transformer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    FSM releases BLACK SUNDAY!!!

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … CK-SUNDAY/

Ordered in a New York sec (C&C or not). In the trash bin with my age-old boot!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  6. I've heard so much about this score, as it was one of the greats never released, is it really that great? It seems rather dark and threatening, or am I wrong?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    MINE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I've heard so much about this score, as it was one of the greats never released, is it really that great? It seems rather dark and threatening, or am I wrong?

Just buy it! Late 70's Williams is a NO-BRAINER!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I've heard so much about this score, as it was one of the greats never released, is it really that great? It seems rather dark and threatening, or am I wrong?

Just buy it! Late 70's Williams is a NO-BRAINER!

-Erik-

but that doesn't answer my question tongue

ah hell, my brother will buy it wink