• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2008
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

That's true... but Lucas has bazillions of dollars. If he wanted them released in expanded form I'm sure he'll pay the tab.

-Erik-

At the very least, a proper CD release of the scores for the first 3 films should be released. I really want Temple of Doom in my collection (and maybe Crystal Skulls after I see the film).

And maybe Crystal Skull after seeing the film!? You wound me sir.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2008 edited
    I'm sure Williams will deliver a great score, I just want to hear it in the film (or listen to pre-release clips) beforehand before I make a purchase. Raiders is a fun movie to watch, but for the most part, I found the score hugely overrated. It just didn't have those trademarks that made Superman or Temple so much fun and memorable. *ducks flames of outrage*
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *Cough*Last Crusade Complete please*cough*
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    I'm sure Williams will deliver a great score, I just want to hear it in the film (or listen to pre-release clips) beforehand before I make a purchase. Raiders is a fun movie to watch, but for the most part, I found the score hugely overrated. It just didn't have those trademarks that made Superman or Temple so much fun and memorable. *ducks flames of outrage*

MUST... NOT... HARM... MATT C...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008
    Hmm I have one question, what is the chronological track order of Jurassic Park?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008 edited
    I'd say this is the chronological film order (2 and 7 are more like suites that aren't as such featured in the movie):

1. Opening Titles
    3. Incident at Isla Nublar
    4. Journey to the Island
    6. Hatching Baby Raptor
    13. Jurassic Park Gate
    9. Dennis Steals the Embryo
    10. A Tree for My Bed
    12. Remembering Petticoat Lane
    8. My Friend, the Brachiosaurus
    11. High-Wire Stunts
    14. Eye to Eye
    5. The Raptor Attack
    15. T-Rex Rescue & Finale
    16. End Credits
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote

MUST... NOT... HARM... MATT C...

-Erik-

I prefer to disagree rather than be hurt. But if you want to...

*puts on bullet- and stab-proof vest*

... bring it on. biggrin
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    BobdH wrote
    I'd say this is the chronological film order (2 and 7 are more like suites that aren't as such featured in the movie):

1. Opening Titles
    3. Incident at Isla Nublar
    4. Journey to the Island
    6. Hatching Baby Raptor
    13. Jurassic Park Gate
    9. Dennis Steals the Embryo
    10. A Tree for My Bed
    12. Remembering Petticoat Lane
    8. My Friend, the Brachiosaurus
    11. High-Wire Stunts
    14. Eye to Eye
    5. The Raptor Attack
    15. T-Rex Rescue & Finale
    16. End Credits

Thx! smile

I thought 7 could be used as an end credits title too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    7 is the end credits. "End Credits" isn't!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    What IS "End Credits" then?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    What IS "End Credits" then?

The track titled End Credits is the latter half of the end credits - The Journey Theme - tacked onto the end of the album.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Some really exciting news about a Williams concert later this year.

John Williams, Yo Yo Ma, and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra will perform and record a concert of music from Memoirs of a Geisha in front of a live audience on August 20 and 21. It will later be released by Sony/BMG Masterworks.

After the great time I had at the Williams CSO concert in October, I'm really going to try to make it to this one as well. This is a once in a lifetime experience.

http://www.cso.org/main.taf?p=3,11,6,1&EventID=2483
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Interesting news, David. Seems a bit odd that it would just be Geisha though?
  1. Hey, at least it's not an nth release of STAR WARS. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2008
    http://supermanii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=926 rolleyes rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008

why are you rolling yoru eyes?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote

Well, those pics were a bit OTT eh?!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Timmer wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Well, those pics were a bit OTT eh?!

Nothing wrong with documenting it. Especially when there wasn't a million other pictures of people with their boxes yet smile
  2. I demand that someone come forward to me and demonstrate why THE FURY is not universally loved. It is one of the most remarkable scores I've heard.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    franz_conrad wrote
    I demand that someone come forward to me and demonstrate why THE FURY is not universally loved. It is one of the most remarkable scores I've heard.

Because it is out of print and expensive?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I demand that someone come forward to me and demonstrate why THE FURY is not universally loved. It is one of the most remarkable scores I've heard.

I'm with you, THE FURY is brilliant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Good point.
  3. tjguitar wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Then why aren't politicians offering subsidies for their national constituencies? This is seriously good stuff. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    tjguitar wrote

Because some people are sick.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Indy 4. Me. Now. Want. cry
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has been announced as two separate films, but David Yates will direct both parts. So Williams won't be able to finish the series off... and once the series is done, Nicholas Hooper will have scored the majority of the HP series.

Hooper's not a bad composer, but this is discouraging news indeed score-wise.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    f**k!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <shrug>

Not too worried about this.
    Williams did a lovely job on the first two. Not sure hwo much further he could *take* the material anyway (but then I could never get into the whole Potter thing so it all leaves me pretty lukewarm).

In fact, I'd much rather just echo Anthony's words here.
    Indy 4.
    Me.
    Now.
    Want.

punk
    :whip:
    :hat:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Well it's not set in stone yet. Scoring for Deathly Hallows is still 2 years off. Yates has been loyal to his friend with two Potter films, but Yates needs to seriously consider working with the legendary John Williams to round out the saga. If not to just say he worked with John Williams. If Hooper is real pal, he'd let his buddy have that experience and honor. spin
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Grimble Gromble wrote
    If Hooper is real pal, he'd let his buddy have that experience and honor. spin

Well, maybe the decision isn't up to Yates. I'm sure that if the Warner executives say use Williams then he'll HAVE to use Williams.

-Erik-