• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    Ordered already.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I've heard so much about this score, as it was one of the greats never released, is it really that great? It seems rather dark and threatening, or am I wrong?

Well, there are some tense moments, of course, but there are some smokin' highlights too, like the "Preparations Fugue", almost standalone, classical pieces.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I've heard so much about this score, as it was one of the greats never released, is it really that great? It seems rather dark and threatening, or am I wrong?

Well, there are some tense moments, of course, but there are some smokin' highlights too, like the "Preparations Fugue", almost standalone, classical pieces.

I read on the site it starts omnious and threatening, but goes to rally pompous music near the end, sounds very good indeed smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    10,000 copies! spin
    I'll buy it later wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    BhelPuri wrote
    10,000 copies! spin
    I'll buy it later wink

You might want to read this then...

A final note about this release: In recent years, a limited edition of this sort would sell out quickly. FSM has negotiated with the American Federation of Musicians (whose players performed the music and are due “re-use” fees for the album) to make this CD a limited edition of 10,000 copies (not the customary 3,000)—enough so that everyone can get one. But if your response to this is, “Good, I’ll get it later”—truly no good deed goes unpunished, and we’ll never try this again! Black Sunday is John Williams action scoring circa 1977—what are you waiting for? Buy it now!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. While looking up the musicians on the Natty Gann and SWTWC from Intrada (two of which seem to have quit and are now in real estate), I noted a few on each had passed on. And with each year a number of score performing musicians pass away without note. I dare say in another ten years, a score from the '70's might only have a handful of the players still alive. What woudl hte fees be then? Or for scores where every single musician has passed away? Will this kill re-use fees?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    Interesting point justin, I have no idea?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Black Sunday is as classic Williams as it gets, it's an awesome, awesome score! Buy it now!

justin boggan wrote
    Will this kill re-use fees?

Aptly phrased.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'll buy! I didn't knew this was such an interesting one?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I don't know this score but the soundclips don't sound too convincing for my ears and since there are so many other scores I want I guess I will pass on this one.
    Glad, though, that you're so happy with it!
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Or for scores where every single musician has passed away? Will this kill re-use fees?

I would imagine that there's provision has been made for dependants to receive any fees.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. I will pass up on this one too. I've got a decent and lengthy suite (which was on the bootleg) which holds the highlights. I think I can do without Black Sunday - expanded. I may regret this later however!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Can't really decide on this one. It was quite some time since I bought anything now and I am thinking about including it in my next purchase. Will need to sample it more though, only got as far as the first track, and that wasn't really something that rocked my world, so to speak. smile
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    Bregje and Bob, you got info on being able to join the concert?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    I'm sorry, I very recently decided on not going. I've already heard the highlights (for me) being played live twice, so it's not worth the money. My friend isn't overly enthusiastic either and is saving money, so we decided not to go. Sorry!
  5. Sorry? SORRY ?????

May you fall in Sarlacc's pit to be devoured and digested over a period of a thousand years.

YUM YUM !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    78 years old today! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    fireworks :deathstar: :x-wing: fireworks
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    birthday to the Maestro. cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    78 years old today! beer

78 years YOUNG. Happy birthday to the man who truly changed an important part of my life.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MAN!!
    beer
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    78 years old today! beer

78 years YOUNG. Happy birthday to the man who truly changed an important part of my life.

Here here! You've said it man. punk

May he live long and gives us some more worthy film scores soon. But I feel he may be close to retirement, how sad that may be. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Happy Birthday Mr. Williams and thanks for getting me interested in movie scores waaay back ! wink beer
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  6. Happy Birthday to the genius who introduced me to listening to film music away from the pictures!

Now that it looks like he won't be doing any more UK concerts I think I've put it off long enough and might well book tickets to see the Maestro at his Tanglewood concert this year!

http://www.bso.org/bso/mods/perf_detail … rod3500047
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Have you been to a williams concert before John?
  7. No I haven't unfortunately. I was really holding out for the rumoured London concert in 2005 but when he ended up doing 4 films that year it didn't happen (I'm not sure if there were ever really any solid plans for a concert). I don't think I'd forgive myself if I finished my life without seeing him perform live at least once! My brother lives in Boston so it's a perfect excuse to go over!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That sounds like a brilliant excuse! I'd go for it, it seems ever increasingly likely that he'll not play here again but I hope I'm wrong.

It's hard for me to believe that when I saw him ( just the once in 1980 ) he hadn't written Return of The Jedi, Raiders of The Lost Ark and a multitude of other fantastic works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    fireworks
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Be aware that Johnnyboy doesn't come out to greet the fans after this Film Night at Tanglewood concerts. Was kinda disappointed by that last year; but still, it's a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I'm telling you, the moment he walks out on the podium, if that doesn't give you a kick, I don't know what will smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010
    birthday to my all time favorite composer Maestro John Williams. His music introduced me to the world of film music. I don't have words to describe about him. LONG LIVE JOHN WILLIAMS!

bhangra bhangra bhangra bhangra bhangra bhangra bhangra bhangra

fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.