• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Anthony wrote
    Mine's coming from Play.com, and they have the release date as the 19th. They usually ship a couple of days before release (assuming they have it), so it might get shipped tomorrow or Friday. Either way, it's not entering my CD-player until the 24th at the earliest! biggrin

I've not even pre-ordered yet!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I just read the two bad reviews. Yikes. Still enough time to re-shoot and rescore the movie.....

Nooooooo!!!! shocked sad

For the love of St. Nick, two negative reviews are written and people start getting suicidal! This was bound to happen from day one! Nothing can live up to the hype surrounding such a film, it will be its Achilles' heel.

Wait and see. Don't read anymore reviews until you've seen it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    I just read the two bad reviews. Yikes. Still enough time to re-shoot and rescore the movie.....

biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Don't read anymore reviews until you've seen it!

I haven't read any yet. I just wish people would stop going ''oh, I've read another bad one...''. Let me form my own damn opinion! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Where I can read the Movie reviews? They are not in Rotten tomatoes...

thanks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm still awaiting Erik's thoughts on the score. I think if anyone is looking forward to Indy 4 it's him! cheesy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    I'm still awaiting Erik's thoughts on the score. I think if anyone is looking forward to Indy 4 it's him! cheesy wink

I'm too...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

Specially about the new raiders version in "finale "
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

It is worth remembering that some people actually buy CDs (as in, a financial transaction takes place and the person who uses the product compensates the person who supplies it) and so won't be able to comment until they actually receive it. I suspect Erik is such a person.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

It is worth remembering that some people actually buy CDs (as in, a financial transaction takes place and the person who uses the product compensates the person who supplies it) and so won't be able to comment until they actually receive it. I suspect Erik is such a person.

Yup, as easily as I could go and listen to the score right this second, I'm waiting for my CD (the 24th infact as I'm seeing the movie then). smile

This deserves to be enjoyed to the max!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yup, as easily as I could go and listen to the score right this second, I'm waiting for my CD (the 24th infact as I'm seeing the movie then). smile

I ordered the CD from play.com - can't wait for it to arrive. Haven't looked forward to a new soundtrack this much for ages.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can't even describe how much I was looking forward to Lost season 3. Thank God it ruled! I hope this is the same! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Well, well the score to Indiana Jones And The Kindom Of The Crystal Skull rocks! punk I am currently giving it a first listen. The Jungle Chase is awesome...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Take a listen to both and compare: How similar is the Jungle Chase to General Grevious from ROTS? I'm dying to find out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

I ordered the CD from play.com - can't wait for it to arrive. Haven't looked forward to a new soundtrack this much for ages.

James, you really should call or email the labels and get some FREE product. You run a great review site that helps promote the albums you are reviewing so I'm sure the labels would be happy to send you product for free to review. That's how I get everything. Try it...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Take a listen to both and compare: How similar is the Jungle Chase to General Grevious from ROTS? I'm dying to find out!

Not even close.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Not even close.

-Erik-

Bugger. Now I don't know whether to bother waiting another week to hear it... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Not even close.

-Erik-

Bugger. Now I don't know whether to bother waiting another week to hear it... slant

That's easy, just listen to the YouTube clips to see why Erik is wrong. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Screw you all with your varied opinions! tongue I'll go crawl into bed now, put some earplugs in and wait until the 22nd! dizzy biggrin kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    Don't listen to Erik, Dan Wallin's mixing destroyed his ears long time ago. tongue
    How else can you explain that he finds Nim's Island better than Spiderwick? Nim's island is better than Spiderwick, just not in this universe. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Antineutrino wrote
    Don't listen to Erik, Dan Wallin's mixing destroyed his ears long time ago. tongue
    How else can you explain that he finds Nim's Island better than Spiderwick? Nim's island is better than Spiderwick, just not in this universe. biggrin

Nim's is miles ahead of the tired, been there, done that Spiderwick score.

-Erik-
  2. I'm seriously worried about you, Erik. First Spiderwick and now KOTCS... shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *curls up in a ball*

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Antineutrino wrote
    I'm seriously worried about you, Erik. First Spiderwick and now KOTCS... shocked

No need to worry... Spiderwick stinks. And Crystal Skull is just "meh!" I didn't say it was terrible I just don't think it's a great Indiana Jones score. I expect more from Williams.

Look, some people will love this new Williams sound ( I personally think James is really going to like it) but I haven't really warmed up to it and for someone who hold Raiders on such a high pedestal I would think a return to a series that create such a master work would really inspire Williams. But then again, all I have to do is look at the Star Wars prequel scores and know that I shouldn't really be expecting anything as brilliant as the originals.

Now, I think Williams was inspired with Irina's Theme and the Crystal Skull motif but I'm mostly disappointed in hearing music from other films in this score. AOTC, Home Alone, Fitzwilly, War of the Worlds, etc. It just something I'm not use to hearing from the Meastro. And the action material is just plain generic... and if you told me that one day I would say that about Williams' action material I would have ask you to shoot me right then and there. Is it wrong of me to have such high hopes for this score and film? I don't think so. You have some of the most talented people working on this film and for what came before it I think that my anticipation and hopes are justified.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote

James, you really should call or email the labels and get some FREE product. You run a great review site that helps promote the albums you are reviewing so I'm sure the labels would be happy to send you product for free to review. That's how I get everything. Try it...

-Erik-

I tried... they're not interested, some of them because I'm not based in North America (as if that matters to a website!) - most just don't bother to reply to me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I tried... they're not interested, some of them because I'm not based in North America (as if that matters to a website!) - most just don't bother to reply to me.

Same here. I've even had some lablels come to me about Powell scores and say ''can you promote *score here*, we'll give you CDs, but only if you're in America''.

Err...no...I'm not going to post press releases and stuff up if I'm not going to get anything out of it. I'm promoting it for free anyway, and if you want me to do more then I want something from it. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Do they not have any international distribution?

-Erik-
  3. Lakeshore does send copies of their scores (The Life Before Her Eyes). The only condition was to publish an english-languaged review.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Same here. I've even had some lablels come to me about Powell scores and say ''can you promote *score here*, we'll give you CDs, but only if you're in America''.

Err...no...I'm not going to post press releases and stuff up if I'm not going to get anything out of it. I'm promoting it for free anyway, and if you want me to do more then I want something from it. rolleyes

So, they want you to be in North America, or not? BTW your in London (UK) right?