• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn

But it needs track titles.
    TRACK TITLES!
    Or in six months...we'll be DEAD! crazy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote

But it needs track titles.
    TRACK TITLES!
    Or in six months...we'll be DEAD! crazy

christmas_biggrin christmas_reindeer

We're a bit the MusicFromTheMovies currently, without the news and tons of other stuff.

But here's the tracklist for you again:
    01. Raiders March (5:06)
    02. Call of the Crystal (3:49)
    03. The Adventures of Mutt (3:12)
    04. Irina's Theme (2:26)
    05. The Snake Pit (3:15)
    06. The Spell of the Skull (4:24)
    07. The Journey to Akator (3:07)
    08. A Whirl Through Academe (3:34)
    09. "Return" (3:12)
    10. The Jungle Chase (4:23)
    11. Orellana's Cradle (4:22)
    12. Grave Robbers (2:29)
    13. Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold (5:14)
    14. Secret Doors and Scorpions (2:17)
    15. Oxley's Dilemma (4:46)
    16. Ants! (4:14)
    17. Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed (5:51)
    18. The Departure (2:27)
    19. Finale (9:20)

Total Time: 77:30
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm looking forward to hearing When Johnny Comes Marching Home in track 16!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008 edited
    I've always liked Mr. Williams' music. My first score by him was Star Wars I, and then Star Wars III. I think he really has some talent, although recently, he seems to have lost a bit of his originality. I personally think his best score (that I've heard) may very well be E.T. The themes there are so good, so emotionally moving, so innocent. I just saw Indy 4 in theaters today, and, though I do not (yet) own the soundtrack, it is just as I have feared: somewhat - boring? John Williams is one of my favorites, but I really hope he regains some of the magic of his earlier years. I am growing bored.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting points ,David. Welcome aboard btw. IF you scroll up many pages here and in the now playing thread, you'll find lots of agreeing opinions. I thought the scored served the movie excellently without being anything too groundbreaking; on the contrary, it was rather standard i should say, albeit very enjoyable. The war of the worlds - esque dark cues toward the end of the CD are a real treat.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008
    Well, I'm almost convinced I'm listening to a different KOTCS than most people shocked
    From the first listen, it sucked me in and I've not played a new JW album this non-stop since I don't know when.
    Oh well, different strokes and all that wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides
    Interesting points ,David. Welcome aboard btw. IF you scroll up many pages here and in the now playing thread, you'll find lots of agreeing opinions. I thought the scored served the movie excellently without being anything too groundbreaking; on the contrary, it was rather standard i should say, albeit very enjoyable. The war of the worlds - esque dark cues toward the end of the CD are a real treat.

Yes, exactly. And thanks for the welcome. The score to Indy 4 wasn't really anything new, in my opinion. With E.T., all the cues were new, of course, created for that movie. While Indy 4 does feature some new themes, they are for the most part overshadowed by the main Raiders March theme, as well as typical Williams action music (staccato trumpets, high horn notes, whirling strings, etc.). Maybe this is merely because it's a sequel, and therefore not as much originality, but even so, all of Williams' Star Wars scores sound fresh and different from each other. Perhaps it is just me not liking or not being as familiar with the Indy scores, but still, this most recent film score certainly seems lacking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    steb74 wrote
    Well, I'm almost convinced I'm listening to a different KOTCS than most people shocked
    From the first listen, it sucked me in and I've not played a new JW album this non-stop since I don't know when.

You are not alone (though I played Geisha to death as well).
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Southall wrote You are not alone (though I played Geisha to death as well).

Ha, that's more comforting - I was beginning to think it was time to order myself one of those lovely white jackets with the long arms that tie at the back dizzy
    Yeah, Geisha certainly had a great innings with me too on its release and the first few months after, even now, but I was still listening to other scores.
    I just can't get enough of KOTCS though, arrrr, it's the bloody spell of the skull isn't it ?
    JONESY !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Count me in. I love it.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Well, as a short break from KOTCS, here's something I posted in a thread over at jwfan a little while ago.

My SW EP II score restore
    Here's how the Diner scene might have worked better had Lucas not used that terrible rock'n'roll synth turd.
    Owners of the Blue Box will certainly know the restored version
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcdhvcpBK-A

By the way, if I remember correctly, I put this vid together during my first 48 hours under the influence of the crystal skull, so make of it what you will dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    After seeing the movie the score works quite well with it, so Ive uped my opinion to Real Good from Good of the score.
    I loved the movie btw.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Talking about Geisha, what an absolutely gorgeous, underrated by many - gem.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Talking about Geisha, what an absolutely gorgeous, underrated by many - gem.

I think your right? I certainly don't play it. The problem is everytime I look at all the Williams on the shelf there's always something I want to play far more than the likes of Geisha, or Munich for that matter?

I'll try and remember to dig it out and give it a play, I just don't feel like doing it right now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I found Geisha to be a perfect score for a not so perfect, but at times very touching movie.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    All I seem to be able to play from Indy IV without falling asleep is A Whirl Through Academe, The Jungle Chase (curses, even the CGI-monkey-music is cringe worthy), and Temple Ruins And Secret Revealed. It served its purpose in the film, but all the ambient stuff on the CD is a bit... sleep

I'd take the warehouse escape music over a lot of the stuff on the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I like the concert suites a lot! Especially Irina's theme!
    punk

All the rest... well... slant
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Anthony wrote It served its purpose in the film, but all the ambient stuff on the CD is a bit... sleep

I love JW's ambient music, for me at least nobody else writes music so juicy and textured.
    In general, I probably listen to the ambient stuff more than anything else, strange but true punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Michael Clayton kept me more awake! shocked
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Good Heavens man !! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I know!! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    Tin tin, I never understood why he was so popular. Those comics never impressed me graphic and story-wise. That Spielberg is making a motion capture trilogy of this, with one movie directed by Jackson , goes beyond my imagination. Indiana Jones for kids in the 3D-era.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't hear any "ambient" music in Indy 4. Which pieces do you mean? If nothing else, Williams's music is highly-detailed and interesting, even if it doesn't appeal to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Because Tintin was groundbreaking (graphically at least).
    I always loved the stories and have read and reread them until the bindings were completely torn!

I can't wait to see what Spielberg will do with these!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    I don't hear any "ambient" music in Indy 4. Which pieces do you mean? If nothing else, Williams's music is highly-detailed and interesting, even if it doesn't appeal to you.

"Return", "Orellana's Cradle", "Hidden Treasure And The City Of Gold", "Secret Doors And Scorpions", "Oxley's Dilemma". That's 20 minutes right there. sad

I'll admit it's detailed and layered, but it's boring to my ears. slant
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Anthony wrote I know!! cry

A good beer will cheer you up beer
    Southall wrote I don't hear any "ambient" music in Indy 4. Which pieces do you mean?

A quick example for me would be The Snake Pit from about 2.50, I love the piano part cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Sometime in the next few months, I dream of opening up this thread and discovering that Williams has been assigned to Harry Potter VI.

I know, I know, I'll shut up... wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. VI? I think this is purest wishful thinking. But there is a good chance we´ll see him for the last two movies. And I hope he is in Azcaban form then... slant