• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'll refrain: they should keep goddamn song away from SCORE cd's, which they should only contain original music written for the film.

For most of the time, that's very true. But sometimes occasionally there will be a score where the song/s are an integral part of the story telling. Much like the songs on the Catch Me If You Can soundtrack, I think that's a fantastic album!

That's a very good example, I would also cite The Talented Mr. Ripley, Apollo 13, Midnight Cowboy and Playing By Heart.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'll refrain: they should keep goddamn song away from SCORE cd's, which they should only contain original music written for the film.

Songs should go into the "original soundtrack / music inspired by" crappy cd's for everyone like Miya and co. to enjoy wink

I didn't say it's good having too many songs on a soundtrack. But if there is a 90 min movie containing 20 min of songs, which are important factors in the story (musical numbers for example), you can put about 50 min of scores along with those 20 min songs. Then we can get good amount of score, probably most of major cues (only if they are selected thoughtfully).

But if the movie is longer or songs are longer, and there is not enough room for score tracks, they should release two separated albums.

The problem is, many stupid soundtrack producers don't do the right things. slant

Songs which don't exist in movies (inspired by blah blah) or have no importance in movies (songs just played in a car, etc.) are out of the question!

... and I still hate the idea of defining the term "soundtracks" as song albums and separated from score albums. SCORE is one (important) part of SOUNDTRACK, isn't it? wink

http://www.amazon.com/tag/soundtrack/fo … LRAPT1T2PV
    sleep
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The song especially as part of the film or source material can be really important.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  1. EDIT:

Hopefully in the next two or so weeks I will be submitting the first Elmer Bernstein review. A long one at that too. *

* = this is dependant on e-mail reply from someone with important information.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Panthera wrote
    I hate to seem sour, but a long time ago I read several of the Maintitles.net reviews. They were plagued with bad grammar and seemed less professional than many of the other review websites.

I admit I haven't read any of the recent reviews. My comments are not aimed at any one particular person. I'm just bringing it up with the hope that this website will one day be one of the best websites for film score reviews. I am happy to see that so many new Alan Silvestri reviews were just added.

I had a little time this morning to read in this thread and I find this comment disgusting. If you were paying money to be apart of this site you might have a right to say something. However, this whole thing is free and be grateful that people are willing to donate their time.

Thomas
  2. justin boggan wrote
    Hopefully in the next two or so weeks I will be submitting hte first Elmer Bernstein review. A long one at that too.

ah good
    looking forward to it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009 edited

Hahaha, I love this guy. dizzy (not)
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Hopefully in the next two or so weeks I will be submitting hte first Elmer Bernstein review. A long one at that too.

I'm looking forward to it! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    sdtom wrote
    Panthera wrote
    I hate to seem sour, but a long time ago I read several of the Maintitles.net reviews. They were plagued with bad grammar and seemed less professional than many of the other review websites.

I admit I haven't read any of the recent reviews. My comments are not aimed at any one particular person. I'm just bringing it up with the hope that this website will one day be one of the best websites for film score reviews. I am happy to see that so many new Alan Silvestri reviews were just added.

I had a little time this morning to read in this thread and I find this comment disgusting. If you were paying money to be apart of this site you might have a right to say something. However, this whole thing is free and be grateful that people are willing to donate their time.

Thomas

Calm down, Tom. dizzy wave It's OK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited
    I'm with William, cool it a little Tom. Panthera was making a perfectly valid comment, no need to fly off the deep end.

I agree that bad grammar should not be at the forefront of this website. Am I saying the reviews have bad grammar? No, because I haven't read many of them (about two I think?). But if they do and it can be fixed, then I'm all for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    Steven wrote
    I'm with William, cool it a little Tom. Panthera was making a perfectly valid comment, no need to fly off the deep end.

I agree that bad grammar should not be at the forefront of this website. Am I saying the reviews have bad grammar? No, because I haven't read many of them (about two I think?). But if they do and it can be fixed, then I'm all for it.

I mean, I agree with Tom that we should be thankful for having the website in the first place, as it is, but there's no harm in fixing things that can be fixed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    All this over some grammar.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Steven wrote

me too, and it is about time they got to fix the bad grammar on this site, it is ridiculous? The reviewer here can't write for shit

oops
    that's me face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Beginning the sentence with a capital letter tends to help. biggrin

(I don't read the reviews, so I have no idea if they need correcting or not to be honest.)
  4. Steven wrote
    Beginning the sentence with a capital letter tends to help. biggrin

(I don't read the reviews, so I have no idea if they need correcting or not to be honest.)

I never did that (at least on forums), so why do you start bitching now? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Because the planets have aligned just so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009
    I wasn't flying off the handle. It just upsets me a little when people complain about stuff they get for free.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    It just upsets me a little when people complain about stuff they get for free.

We're humans. We do that all the time. And there's no harm in asking to fix things that can easily be fixed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    William wrote

We're humans. We do that all the time. And there's no harm in asking to fix things that can easily be fixed.

You reminded me William of my early days in retail. I once had a person (not a customer because he never spent a penny) who came in with a Nikon camera in need of a repair. I suggested we sent it to Nikon for repair but I let him (my mistake) into taking a look at it. I managed to fix it for him but when I said there is no charge but no warranty he got upset feeling I should warranty my work!!! Thus, the comment about expectations when you're doing it for free.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    slant

Some people just feel they are "entitled".
    That "the world owes them a living".

Very unpleasant people to be around generally.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    slant

Some people just feel they are "entitled".
    That "the world owes them a living".

Very unpleasant people to be around generally.

And I've had my share of them in my life having spent 30+ years in retail
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited
    You tag-line got me! Sold!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009

Nice! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Everyone, keep your eyes out for my upcoming reviews of a new film music compilation series by Primary Wave Records, including:

SCORED! Classic Film Music: Battle
    SCORED! Classic Film Music: Crime
    SCORED! Classic Film Music: Romance
    SCORED! Classic Film Music: Western

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    William wrote
    Everyone, keep your eyes out for my upcoming reviews of a new film music compilation series by Primary Wave Records, including:

smile

Who is the orchestra for these compilations?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I added my first review which I'm sure I screwed up and Bregt will have to fix. It is the Prince and the Pauper.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    William wrote

smile

http://www.filmscoreclicktrack.com/2009 … ew-scored/

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    I added my first review which I'm sure I screwed up and Bregt will have to fix. It is the Prince and the Pauper.
    Thomas

Cool! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    William wrote

smile

The compilations are covered by several orchestras: the Czech Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra, Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, and Daniel Caine Orchestra. Not my favorites. But ah well; it's free, for me. smile