• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    My review of film/classical composer Tan Dun's Internet Symphony 'Eroica':

http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/inter … ny-eroica/
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    Thanks for the review William.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    No problem. Thanks to MainTitles for hosting it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That is a cool subject William! Thanks.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I enjoyed this review very much. I actually looked up the symphony just last week on youtube.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Bregt wrote
    That is a cool subject William! Thanks.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Panthera wrote
    I enjoyed this review very much. I actually looked up the symphony just last week on youtube.

Glad you enjoyed it. beer
  1. Question: is the Youtube Symphony Orchestra conducted by someone called koko? That may be why he's never around over here.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Hehe. No. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited
    So happy to see the 'Outcast' review is up. Everyone that wants to keep ignoring this gem, you're missing out on something truly brilliant. I could go on and on about the merits of videogame music, and how this one spawned a whole new generation of orchestrally brilliant game music. It's the Star Wars of the videogame world. What's more it's available for free in perfectly legal sense.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Submitted reviews for:

"Sliders" (Dennis McCarthy)
    and
    "Rent-A-Cop"

They'll pop up eventually.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    Looking forward to it Justin
    Thomas
  3. More reviews will be coming at a casual pace, including one of my all time favorite ones -- a gorgeous score I think everyone here would be proud to own.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Latest review: Spore Hero of Winifred Philips
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    Has anyone heard the soundtrack from "Bright Star"?
  5. sdtom wrote
    Looking forward to it Justin
    Thomas

And finally the "Sliders" one was posted, so now they are both up.
  6. One of my newest reviews is up (Sadly I note a couple errors I amde, but heck -- two is okay with me):

http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/millennium/

My other review, of the promo of "Supernova", seems to still be pending.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    One of my newest reviews is up (Sadly I note a couple errors I amde, but heck -- two is okay with me):

My other review, of the promo of "Supernova", seems to still be pending.

yes, it's on hold because I want to post them separately smile
  8. justin boggan wrote
    One of my newest reviews is up (Sadly I note a couple errors I amde, but heck -- two is okay with me):

Your review had me revisiting La-La Land Records' site to relisten to the samples. There's not many clips for a 2-CD set and I'm not sure whether I would buy this at full-price. But I may if it's reduced at some point in the future.

Thanks for the review, Justin.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. There are some cues on YouTube -- in complete form, inclduying one of the ones I singled out. Check them out. :-)
  10. Hey Bregt, how about old reviews from magazines like Soundtrack!, but scanned (since there are too many to type up)?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Great idea!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    OCR tools are quite good at it too these days, you know. Of course, someone should do a read-through afterwards, but it could be a good help.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Hey Bregt, how about old reviews from magazines like Soundtrack!, but scanned (since there are too many to type up)?

I've never seen such a magazine. Would that be legal in the first place? But it's a great idea though!

I'm going to change the platform of this website (Drupal or Wordpress), which opens perspectives to add things easier etc.

Would you look into this Justin?
    Kazoo
  11. Soundtrack!, which also when it started used to go by CinemaScore.

The crator has actually given me permission in the past to put an article online, and he's given persmission to put a TON or scorign sessions interviews and regular interviews, over at:

http://www.runmovies.eu (which has a message board, by the way)

I'm sure he wouldn't mind. The magazine went under al ong while ago. Surprised you hadn't heard of it -- it's sort of like saying you've never heard of the FSM magazine.

I've got three magazine just a ready and willin'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010

12. cool, more Silva Screen smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    Give them an idea and they'll come up with a compilation.
    Thomas smile
  13. As film scores gets staler with time, compilations do seem to attract my attention more and more ! The 4-disc Horror collection from Silva Screen is on its way ! I'll start shaking in my boots in anticipation. freezing