• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    It's not just that; check out AGNES CECILIA or EFFIE BRIEST. smile

What type / mood of music are you into right now btw? smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Gothic metal.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lol
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    He's now working on the German film Tannöd. After Effi Briest this is his second German film and the second time he's scoring a film starring the lovely Julia Jentsch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Very good news.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009 edited
    Yes, and there's another film upcoming. I'll know once he's signed the contract.

And:

JUNE, 2009. The nominations for the Norwegian 'Oscar', the Amanda Award, has been revealed and we are excited to announce that Johan Söderqvist's score for Erik Poppe's De usynlige (Troubled Water) is one of three scores nominated in the Best Music category!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Music by Johan featured in 'Public Enemies'

JULY, 2009. One of Johan's compositions, "After the Shooting," from the Things We Lost in the Fire soundtrack has been licenced for use in Michael Mann's current box office hit Public Enemies, starring Johnny Depp.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009
    Johan wins the Norwegian 'Amanda' Award

AUGUST, 2009. We are excited to announce that Johan Söderqvist just won the Norwegian Amanda Award for his Troubled Water score. Erik Poppe's film was nominated in several categories and won two awards, the other one for 'Best Editing'. (http://www.johansoderqvist.com/unseen.html)

'Let the Right One In' score wins Chainsaw Award

JULY, 2009. Fangoria Magazine's Chainsaw Award for "Best Score" 2008 went to Johan Söderqvist and Let the Right One In! The film won a total of four out of nine Chainsaw Awards! You can purchase the soundtrack album here (http://www.moviescoremedia.com/lettherightone.html)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    For anyone interested, myreview of JOHAN SODERQVIST's exceptional score from 2008: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN.

http://www.demetrischristodoulides.com/ … e-in-2008/
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    The only score I've heard of his is After The Wedding. Fantastic stuff though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed. This is even better wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2009
    Then you obviously have never heard the music that's used during the meeting(s) between the girl and a wolf in Misa Mi wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    No! Where can i hear it?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's very odd that such a music remains unreleased.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    New projects with Bier and US docu filmmaker

SEPTEMBER, 2009. Johan is looking forward to a busy autumn working on the music for Susanne Bier's new Danish drama starring Ulrich Thomsen, Trine Dryholm and Mikael Persbrandt, Hämnden. He is also going to compose the original score for an American documentary, directed by Deborah Scranton (The War Tapes) aboout the Rwandan genocide in 1994.

I wasn't so pleased with Bier's American debute, so I'm excited about her return to Danish cinema. Bier + Söderqvist= Heaven
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    A cd release of the score he wrote to a German film called Tannöd will be released on friday the 27th by Königskinder.

Another brilliant score that is makes use of atmospheric, inventive electronical sounds and baroque instruments. Several well known choir passages have also been recorded and put on the cd. Mikael helped in producing and recording these.

My review can be expected friday or saturday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    inventive electronical sounds and baroque instruments

shocked

This is gonna be brilliant!
    (or awful)

Looking forward to the sound clips!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    inventive electronical sounds and baroque instruments

shocked

This is gonna be brilliant!
    (or awful)

Looking forward to the sound clips!

Awful? Believe me mate, with that description and Johan's name on it, it can't be anything else than brilliant!

Joep, is there a way to purchase this? Sound clips?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks, as long as i confirm it a bit more, i am buying. Could you please describe it in a bit more detail? Esp. in comparison to other Johan scores?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He'll do a review in 48 hours, D.! shocked

<shakes head>
    The boy has no patience...
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    Well, there is similarity between Tannöd and DeUsynlige wink

Just to make everything perfectly clear:

''I just wanted to say that all the music in the film (and on the CD) is mine .
    The texts are from the Catholic Mass (Libera me) but the songs are mine'' says Johan.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Nice! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice indeed, although the clips don't say much.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    True.

Johan and me have done a long interview last wednesday! I'll publish the interview asap.
  1. For the benefit of Thor, De Usynlige has had an mp3 release. It's on Amazon, so I assume that it's also an iTunes release:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orgelmusikken-F … p;sr=1-236

As Thor already knows it strongly features organ music in the movie, including a take on "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and what sounds like "Abide With Me."
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    Excellent, thanks for keeping us informed guys, i am really interesting in Johan's music in general, esp. for new releases! Will check out both De Usynlige and Tannod, the soonest the possible.