• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    DE USYNLIGE is a great Norwegian film, one of the best in this decade, and while Johan's music worked well especially in the more stylish sequences, it was really the organ music that struck a chord with me. How some of those famous pieces were arranged with dark chords to mirror the child murderer organist's emotional state. Thanks for the info, Alan.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    Just to clarify something... The organ music wasn't done by Johan. Organ player Iver Kleive arranged works from Bach, Vivaldi (etc) and composed some new things. Since Amazon talks about organ music, it's very unlikely that it features some real score. It's fantastic stuff though, both the organ music and score.

Here's some music of Johan:
    http://www.johansoderqvist.com/unseen.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009 edited
    Joep wrote
    Just to clarify something... The organ music wasn't done by Johan. Organ player Iver Kleive arranged works from Bach, Vivaldi (etc) and composed some new things. Since Amazon talks about organ music, it's very unlikely that it features some real score. It's fantastic stuff though, both the organ music and score.

Here's some music of Johan:
    http://www.johansoderqvist.com/unseen.html

Yes, I'm aware Söderqvist didn't compose the organ music. Heck, one of the cues is "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and we all know who composed that. Iver Kleive is incidentally one of Norway's best organists.

Thanks for the link! "Agnes Swims" is my favourite track, a more stylish sequence in the film when she imagines her drowned son in the pool. It's not "horror"-like at all, just touching. Johan's music is mostly responsibly for that.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    It took a long time, but here it is... My interview with Johan!

http://www.maintitles.net/features/inte … oderqvist/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah! Thanks! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    punk punk punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very good interview Joep, congrats. Musical nature, not asking the same ol' boring questions. I am posting links around smile Keep it up.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    Thanks. We've emailed a lot and talked about doing a real interview for a long time, so it became sort of a pratical joke. I'm just happy we finally took the time for a good and long interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How did you conduct it? Skype?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Send him my greetings next time, along with Desplat, he's the one who manages to move me with his music like no other. Incredibly emotional and beautiful, i really admire what he does in the sound department, the overall sound-design and the ambiance of his scores. Plus when he goes for the themes, like in LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, the quality of the results is self-evident.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Someone on Ebay is selling a rare title:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREUD-AGNES-CECILIA … 2c4ef6dd9a
  1. Joep wrote
    Someone on Ebay is selling a rare title:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREUD-AGNES-CECILIA … 2c4ef6dd9a

go for it Joep smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    I already own that release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010
    I'm interested in hearing his latest project...

http://www.johansoderqvist.com/earthmadeofglass.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010 edited
    Nice full pieces offered here for listening...it's really impressive, to me, how this man's music hits every right note with me, instantly. And from my experience talking with him this year, i'd say he's a very bright individual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I can't access the clips for some reason...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Maybe you need the latest flash player? filehippo.com

It has a lot of complete pieces in there for our listening pleasure, from all of his scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010 edited
    Hmm. Still not working. Says: Movie not loaded, when I right click on the empty space. slant

Ah... whatever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Look it up, try a different browser perhaps? Ie explorer 8? It has a lot of music in there!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2010
    I'm told that more cues are going to be available on very short notice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    Great news.....

MovieScore Media is proud to announce our new CD with Johan Söderqvist ("Let the Right One In"). "In a Better World" is his eights feature film score for Danish director Susanne Bier and we wonder if this isn't his best so far - a work with sincere emotional depth and sheer beauty. CD out on October 26.

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/comingsoon.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Great news.....

MovieScore Media is proud to announce our new CD with Johan Söderqvist ("Let the Right One In"). "In a Better World" is his eights feature film score for Danish director Susanne Bier and we wonder if this isn't his best so far - a work with sincere emotional depth and sheer beauty. CD out on October 26.

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/comingsoon.html

The film looks extremely interesting too. Bier knows how to trigger emotions!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So does Johan!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010
    Looking forward to Haevnen!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2010
    Looking forward to both the score and the film. Excluding her one foray into Hollywood I think Bier's a fantastic director. Open Hearts and Brothers were such phenomenal films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Goody, i rented Brothers and will watch it tomorrow; what was Open Hearts about and which one was her one foray into Hollywood?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, you mean 'things we lost in the fire'? Isn't that any good? I am watching the american remake btw of Brothers, with the Thomas Newman score.....any good as the original?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Things We Lost in the Fire is a mediocre film. The closeups similair to Efter Brylluppet are there, but the drama isn't that good.

Brothers is almost a shot by shot remake with a few differences. In places it's a bit more obvious and safer compared to the original. Not to mention some of the changes in the Afghanistan part, the mediocre Newman score and the absence of a key sequence. It doesn't even come close to the original.

Some olders news:

''AUGUST, 2010. Johan is currently working on the upcoming Norwegian drama King of Devil's Island (Kongen av Bastøy), directed by Marius Holst (Cross My Heart and Hope to Die, Dragonfly) and starring Stellan Skarsgård, Benjamin Helstad and Kristoffer Joner. The film is a period piece, taking place at a boys home in the early 20th century, and the story tells the story about a new inmate who leads an uprising against the brutal regime.''
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010
    Yeah mate, Things We Lost in the Fire was very ordinary. Wasn't a big fan of the Brothers remake either - like Joep said it was basically a replica except with all the emotional impact lessened. Natalie Portman just doesn't cut it compared to Connie Nielsen. I can't buy Tobey Maguire in this role either. A really pointless remake overall. Open Hearts is one of the best Dogme films, really moving stuff again.