• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2012
    Nope. I'm sure I missed half of the premise when Norwegian started in.
    Kazoo
  1. I'm sure the makers of this are hoping they get a release before LIFE OF PI comes along. Many won't go and see two movies about people stuck in a small boat on the ocean, however different they are.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Bregt wrote
    Looks indeed expensive. That start had me interested but then it appears half the movie is on a wooden plank in the ocean. tongue

it did have a castaway feeling, but I always love / or am scared by the use of sharks, so I was intrigued by the second part smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012
    Want. Music will be marvelous.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    I'm interviewing Söderqvist live in Oslo when he comes here for the premiere of KON-TIKI in a few days.

Unfortunately for most of you, it will be a sound interview, and it will be in Norwegian/Swedish. But I'll see if I can get some bits translated eventually.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well done Thor. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So envious! Please send him my greetings!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012
    Had an excellent 30-minute interview with him today. Johan is such a cool guy, totally humble and 'everyday Joe' in demeanor, even though he's the biggest composer in the whole of Scandinavia right now. I think it will go out as a sound interview (even though there's some background noise from the breakfast hall in the hotel), which is unfortunate for most of you. Then again, you wouldn't have understood Norwegian text either.

The cool thing is that he said he was working on a soundtrack album for KON-TIKI, which is a gobsmackingly beautiful score -- especially the theme performed on a conch (you know, the shell you can find on the beach). It's by far my favourite from him, next to DE USYNLIGE.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cannot wait ! Did you remember to send him my greetings? The other day I was taking to him via Facebook and in the recent past he was kind enough to send me a bunch of his scores on his own smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Cannot wait ! Did you remember to send him my greetings? The other day I was taking to him via Facebook and in the recent past he was kind enough to send me a bunch of his scores on his own smile

Yeah, well I sent him greetings on behalf of several fans. Didn't realize you had had personal contact with him beforehand.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He is a great guy, love his work. Him, the spanish guys and Kantelinen are some of my favorite composers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I really look forward to hearing this score, this type of filmed material often brings out the very best in composers.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I can promise you that you ALL will love it. So haunting and beautiful, also with brilliant action writing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't heard anything from Johan I haven't instantly fall in love with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    And here's the interview, for those of you who understand Norwegian & Swedish:

http://montages.no/2012/08/frokost-med- … oderqvist/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Since he has international radius, it would be nice if you could post an english version too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Any chance of a soundtrack release Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2012
    Timmer wrote

Yes, he said he was planning one. Also for KONGEN AV BASTØY (KING OF DEVIL'S ISLAND).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2012
    Demetris wrote
    Since he has international radius, it would be nice if you could post an english version too.

Maybe eventually, I'll transcribe/translate it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yes, he said he was planning one. Also for KONGEN AV BASTØY (KING OF DEVIL'S ISLAND).

Can't wait!

Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote

Maybe eventually, I'll transcribe/translate it.

thanks!
  3. Maybe run it through Google Translate in the interim? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Impossible with an audio interview wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Here's the intro I wrote, translated by Google:

"With the exception of a discussion about freedom of historical adaptations, the Kon-Tiki received very good reviews in the Norwegian newspapers, both for its visual expression and its adventurous story-telling. There have, however, have pointed out, it is important musical contribution. We will remedy any of it, and took us therefore Samal with composer Johan Söderqvist.

Söderqvist has recently grown to be one of Sweden and Scandinavia's most sought-after film composers. In addition, he enjoyed great recognition, particularly the music of Tomas Alfredson beautiful epic Song the wheel, the (2008). He has been Susanne Biers regular partner ever since her debut Freud moves hemifrån ... (1991), and the next year, their tenth project together - the US-manufactured Serena with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper in the lead roles. In Norway he has written music for films such as The Invisible (2008), Limbo (2010) and King of Bastøy (2010). And now that is Kon-Tiki.

Personally I followed him with vigilant ears for several years. The unique instrumentation, the piercing melancholy, caressing the melodies - he can never quite stepping completely wrong. Kon-Tiki joins really just one of a series of such emotionally charged scores. The morning after the star-premiere party at the Opera, I sat down with Söderqvist for a half-hour informal discussion about such Bier cooperation, Song on the wheel, in, the Norwegian films and of course, some aspects related to the Kon-Tiki, including challenges to replace another composer. Did you know that the air horn theme is performed on a conch?

Good listening!"

biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Apparently, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN is translated as SONG ON THE WHEEL. WTF?!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    SONG THE WHEEL, THE you mean?

Vigilant ears. Now that's expressive!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    wtf
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Apparently, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN is translated as SONG ON THE WHEEL. WTF?!
    dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    Had a nice evening tonight, a couple of beers with Söderqvist in a pub here in Oslo. We talked about lots of stuff and even got the chance to nerd a bit about film music. I was surprised to discover, among other things, that his favourite film composer is....MICHEL LEGRAND! I didn't see that one coming.

Such a cool and humble guy, despite his accomplishments.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Had a nice evening tonight, a couple of beers with Söderqvist in a pub here in Oslo. We talked about lots of stuff and even got the chance to nerd a bit about film music. I was surprised to discover, among other things, that his favourite film composer is....MICHEL LEGRAND! I didn't see that one coming.

Such a cool and humble guy, despite his accomplishments.

punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    He also told me (and I think it's alright that I say this) that he was so honoured recently when he read an interview with Danny Elfman (one of his idols, as well as mine, as most know) where Elfman said that he hadn't bought a lot of soundtracks or albums recently, except for Söderqvist's LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, which he loved. Wow. That just blew me away.
    I am extremely serious.