• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    Nautilus wrote

"Cloverfield Search" a very beautiful track too.

That's a very nice piece in the movie. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Marselus wrote
    I like Hostage too. As for Golden compass, we share the vomit here.
    I´d pick "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "Stardust" or "The Chronicles of Narnia" anytime.

Noo way!?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    McWeirdo, that's who! biggrin

kiss

Y' got that McRight! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Kingdom of Heaven - Harry Gregson-Williams

This is one kickass epic score! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited
    edit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Kingdom of Heaven - Harry Gregson-Williams

This is one kickass epic score! cool

I guess it depends on your idea of "epic", it's certainly big and ticks all the "ethnic" boxes but god this score bored me to tears, just really generis "heard it all before", it didn't help that SCott's film was messy and uncoherant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah I felt that too, but stuff like Battle of Kerak sounds amazing to me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Medal of Honor - Airborne - Michael Giacchino

Amazing score by an amazing guy! punk

Ah, that's the spirit! That score is KICK ASS!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

Yeah, I think it's a case of it being more digestable in smaller doses. I shouldn't have said it bored me to tears as I like some of it....just not most of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yeah, I think it's a case of it being more digestable in smaller doses. I shouldn't have said it bored me to tears as I like some of it....just not most of it.

Well I digested it pretty well w/o any audio/gastric problems lol

Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Medal of Honor - Airborne - Michael Giacchino

Amazing score by an amazing guy! punk

Ah, that's the spirit! That score is KICK ASS!

Way to go, buddy! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Fair nuff Ravi biggrin cool

NP : BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS - James Horner

Cheesy old Roger Corman sci-fi gets top rate score from unknown ( well, practically wink ) composer, gets unknown composer gig for Star Trek II and the rest, as they say is mediocrity....sorry, History! ( I jest of course )

Really good refreshing fun this score! punk
  1. NP: The Legend of Butch & Sundance - Basil Poledouris

shocked

Too bad that MovieScore Medias releases are in digipacks. It's almost impossible to put it in my cd shelf since it always falls out because of its strange front form.

Why no jewel cases???
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote

Cheesy old Roger Corman sci-fi gets top rate score from unknown ( well, practically wink ) composer, gets unknown composer gig for Star Trek II and the rest, as they say is mediocrity....sorry, History! ( I jest of course )

That's an amazing score! Lovely choice, Timmer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: The Legend of Butch & Sundance - Basil Poledouris

shocked

Too bad that MovieScore Medias releases are in digipacks. It's almost impossible to put it in my cd shelf since it always falls out because of its strange front form.

Why no jewel cases???

Jewel cases suck man, they always break during transportation or if you squeeze them in the cd / bookshelf and besides, digipacks are way cooleR! wink
  2. During the last 3 hours, doing my work, I was listening to 3 CDs =>

Alan Silvestri's The Abyss

Howard Shore's The Fly

And the Silvestri - Zemeckis collaborations (especially with Cast Away)

cool cool cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: The Legend of Butch & Sundance - Basil Poledouris

shocked

Why no jewel cases???

Jewel cases suck man, they always break during transportation or if you squeeze them in the cd / bookshelf and besides, digipacks are way cooleR! wink

Jewel cases can be replaced easily, digipacks can't!

I hate digipacks, they can be damaged too quick. Not the right package for a cd with film music that is produced at one location and distributed around the whole world. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's an amazing score! Lovely choice, Timmer beer

I'm not sure if "lovely" is quite the right choice of words, but it's certainly a good early score from Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: A Beautiful Mind - James Horner

Perfect to have on in the background while trying not to stress to hard over physics coursework. I find it quite inspiring, rather appropriately.

It's either this or nothing.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote

Perfect to have on in the background while trying not to stress to hard over physics coursework. I find it quite inspiring, rather appropriately.

cool

Yeap, it's a very enjoyable score for sure, i like it too. It's been way long since i last played that, i might revisit tonight?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: xXx by Randy Edelman

Not much, but I love the action-oriented tracks from this one like "Motorcycle Assault" and "X Marks The Spot"

Going to bed now to prepare to take yet another practice test tomorrow morning dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

Yeap, it's a very enjoyable score for sure, i like it too. It's been way long since i last played that, i might revisit tonight?

One of my all time favourite Horner scores and one I return to regularly.

NP :
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    The King's Guard by Ray Colcord - it's nothing surprising for the genre, but it's very well done.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

One of my all time favourite Horner scores and one I return to regularly.

NP :

I got distracted by a phone call.I was playing Star Trek III but am now playing....

NP : HUNDRA - Ennio Morricone

Dafty sword & Sorcery fantasy in the vein of Red Sonja and good stuff it is too!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: Mercenaries - Chris Tilton

Still just as good as I remembered. And the mixing makes it sound like a 100-piece orchestra rather than the 65 pieces it was recorded with. Good themes and complex orchestrations... why aren't more composers using the Northwest Sinfonia if it's this good for a buyout orchestra?
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : UNDER FIRE - Jerry Goldsmith

A true classic! Brilliant!! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BLUE MAX - Jerry Goldsmith

Muscular and yet, at times so light score from the master. One of my all time favourite scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    NP: Mercenaries - Chris Tilton

Still just as good as I remembered. And the mixing makes it sound like a 100-piece orchestra rather than the 65 pieces it was recorded with.

Actually, no it doesn't. It does the opposite! What an awful muddy mess the mix is.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    NP : HUNDRA - Ennio Morricone

Dafty sword & Sorcery fantasy in the vein of Red Sonja and good stuff it is too!

Fantastic music. Timmer, you are on a real tear here. Lots of great music coming out of your speakers these days.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Marselus wrote
    NP (since last week or so) The Oxford Crimes (Roque Baños)
    I love the love theme. Baños is kinda gifted to write them.

This CD arrived the other day - and Baños certainly has a talent for this style of score. It's a shame that his score for The Machinist didn't get him much in the way of Hollywood projects. (Unless that's not what he wants.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Timmer wrote

I was listening to some tracks from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan earlier today and I caught myself wishing that Horner would produce something as good as this with the same "rawness". This, for me, is Horner at his best.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn