• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    23!

What is appropiate t open this thread, when having the number 23?
    (and don'tsay Number 23 by HGW tongue )
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    So when is a new now playing thread started? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MYCHAEL DANNA - KAMA SUTRA: a tale of love

Deeply spiritual and exquisite world music, a journey to paths unknown to many. Passionate and exotic, dark and mysterious in the vein of the material that was to follow later on in 8mm, this is easily one of the composer's most captivating works to date.

BILL CONTI - the adventures of Huck Finn

Unlike anything you'll hear today, this wholly symphonic score is full of prominent leitmotifs and bold memorable themes, dense arrangements, orchestral outbursts and fanfares and the charm of the old eras. From John Williams to Bruce Broughton, everything's set for a great musical journey.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    So when is a new now playing thread started? confused

A lot later than after only 43 pages normally but I ain't complaining. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Complete - John Williams

This version contains the cues as originally written without the dreadful edits heard in the "deluxe edition". Great music not heard in the final film featured here too. Quite Korngold in style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wanted something easy and loud to shake me up and wake me 'cause i am terribly sleepy today; Steve Jablonsky and this powerhouse RC anthems of Transformers do the job correctly as we speak wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Eleni Karaindrou - L'Africana

.... Stunning......
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed Joep, Karaindrou's work in general is stunning as a whole. Shame we're not getting more works more frequently.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765442/

Seems like a assured cd release somewhere in 2008.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Atham wrote

This version contains the cues as originally written without the dreadful edits heard in the "deluxe edition". Great music not heard in the final film featured here too. Quite Korngold in style.

Where did you get this from? This is kind of a Holy Grail for me!!! dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Atham wrote

Where did you get this from? This is kind of a Holy Grail for me!!! dizzy

Likewise. I have the sessions which I've edited together into the most complete form possible. Do you have something similar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008 edited
    I have the regular album and the 2 disc album... I still love the 2 disc set, listen to it regularly because it's got so much great music missing from the regular album. But those edits are very annoying! Atham is in possession of a Holy Grail there! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Atlantis - The Lost Empire - James Newton Howard

Playing "The King Dies - Going After Rourke" again... and again... and again... man, I just cannot get enough of the majestic fanfares at the end!! punk

And combined with bombs like "The Leviathan", "Fireflies" and "The Crystal Chamber", this one is one of my top 10 scores! spin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    I have the regular album and the 2 disc album... I still love the 2 disc set, listen to it regularly because it's got so much great music missing from the regular album. But those edits are very annoying! Atham is in possession of a Holy Grail there! cheesy

There are loads of versions of The Phantom Menace out there, you just need to find the right one. wink

(when I said the sessions, I meant the sessions, not the 2 disc edition).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

There are loads of versions of The Phantom Menace out there, you just need to find the right one. wink

(when I said the sessions, I meant the sessions, not the 2 disc edition).

Indeed they're out there. Mine are just in MP3 format though. Still pretty good quallity!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I desperately want a complete version of the Grevious chase cue from ROTS. Half the cue goes unused in the film, and the best version I've managed to find is one that combines music from the sessions, the OST and the game. Even so, a lightsabre noise cuts in at one point. Grr. sad
  1. cheesy The Hunt For Red October => Main Title + Nuclear Scam by Master Basil RIP Poledouris !
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HANS ZIMMER - the last samurai

Truly one of Zimmer's most heartfelt and touching scores, i long for the day he'll return to what he does best and leave the crap he's currently dealing with to others.

CRAIG ARMSTRONG - world trade center

I know this score doesn't have many fans but having also watched the (excellent imo) movie, this offbeat and sentimental score rings passion and warm emotions to my ears and i really love that when i'm in the mood. The choral, cello passages and piano soli are the real highlights.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    CRAIG ARMSTRONG - world trade center

I know this score doesn't have many fans but having also watched the (excellent imo) movie, this offbeat and sentimental score rings passion and warm emotions to my ears and i really love that when i'm in the mood. The choral, cello passages and piano soli are the real highlights.

Yeah like Iwo Jima, it's a score based on only one piano theme... Fortunately (and like Iwo Jima), this theme is very good...

So, as I like film scores, if the theme is good, the score can't be bad... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only Iwo Jima has a crappy, childlike quality overall and damn awful sound. Not even comparable to Craig Armstrong's work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Pirates of The Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest - Hans Zimmer

I decided to bask in RC glory for the rest of the day biggrin

I'm lovin' the Jack action theme!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not actually playing a CD but ...

NP : BEN-HUR - Miklos Rozsa

Is playing on TV cool

Deservedly considered one of THE greatest film scores ever written.

Now if Jordi was ranting and raving about the brilliance of this score well, that I could understand! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CONAN THE DESTROYER - Basil Poledouris

Not as good as the original ( but what is? ) but still excellent! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorpetersv
    Timmer wrote

Indeed!

NP: Mulan - Jerry Goldsmith

One of the best things from Goldsmith's 90:s era. Excellent stuff!
  3. petersv wrote
    Timmer wrote

Indeed!

NP: Mulan - Jerry Goldsmith

One of the best things from Goldsmith's 90:s era. Excellent stuff!

Yeah Mulan's cool, but are you talking about the whole promo? Because that's one so much better than the original version
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Deep Impact - James Horner

Lovely emotional score, particularly the finale cue. If only the recording was a little less... flat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    LSH wrote
    NP: Deep Impact - James Horner

Lovely emotional score, particularly the finale cue. If only the recording was a little less... flat.

Agree, an underrated Horner score.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet. I have watched the movie but can't remember a thing out of the score, it was sooooo long ago; will give the score a spin then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

Amazing... and at times breathtaking.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

Amazing... and at times breathtaking.

punk

Couldn't agree more mate, a pure masterpiece.