• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    £300? I'm talking high-end speakers. Bang And Olufsen and the like... little bit more that £300. wink

Exactly. High-quality audio systems will cost you the hell load of money but you won't believe your f* ears when you play the scores you've been listening to all those years through conventional audio systems, especially the ones designed for computer like creative which are mainly crap; believe me, you'll be asking yourself in awe: "IS THIS HOW THIS SCORE REALLY SOUNDED LIKE ALL THIS TIME?!!?!"

Believe me mate, it IS really worth it. Save money, save real money, not 300 pounds or anything and with the time you'll have it and your listening experiences will change once and for all, you'll never, ever condescend anything less than absolute quality from that point onward.

But I don't really care about my PC speakers. biggrin The most important ones to me are the fat off ones plugged into the amp I've got. 5.1 Panasonic system with 3 huge speakers at the front, one hell of a subwoofer and two smaller speakers at the back. explode
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The post office! angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    goat

I mean, what?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    goat

I mean, what?

GOAT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    kill
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    kill

tongue

Didn't say it was alive....made of solid steel. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    JOHN POWELL

No, not him personally or his music.....just all the continuous talk about him.... sleep

HANS ZIMMER

No, not him personally or his music.....just all the continuous Pirates Of Thhhh....... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    JOHN POWELL

No, not him personally or his music.....just all the continuous talk about him.... sleep

HANS ZIMMER

No, not him personally or his music.....just all the continuous Pirates Of Thhhh....... sleep

In aprox. two months...

JOHN WILLIAMS

No, not him personally or his music.....just all the continuous talk there will be about him.... sleep wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    JOHN POWELL

HANS ZIMMER

In aprox. two months...

JOHN WILLIAMS

No, not him personally or his music.....just all the continuous talk there will be about him.... sleep wink

YEAHHHH!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    JOHN POWELL

HANS ZIMMER

In aprox. two months...

JOHN WILLIAMS

It'll be refreshing......for a short while! wink

I can't wait to hear the Jordi "i love it" a minute later "i hate it" a minute later "i love it".... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008 edited
    Or the inevitable weird and unnecessary complaints about a lack of 'coherency', not enough action, blah blah blah. Oh, and pointless comparisons with other scores that have nothing to do with it. sleep

Truly. I can't wait.
  1. Timmer wrote
    JOHN POWELL

HANS ZIMMER

Agree with you on this one, Tim. sleep
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Talking about me when Im not at home? uh???

Bad education..Bad Education...

Luckly Williams and Spielberg has waited to I finally like his Indiana Jones Theme....They are really nice people! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Didn't you like it at first?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Don't get him started rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yeah....He opened pandora's box.

I don't think any guy older than 30 years has loved Indy theme or Williams score at first listen....

You have to take your time to listen classical music... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

I don't think any guy older than 30 years has loved Indy theme or Williams score at first listen....

Eh?

I don't think we're on the same planet Jordi?

And what's 'classical music' got to do with it??
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2008
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2008
    Steven wrote
    ...oh good. Okay, panic over. Didn't read it properly. (Thought the 'listen to music ON my laptop' rather than 'through my laptop' is what threw me.)

Just out of interest, what kind of system is it Bregje?

I am taking a look right now Steven and it says Philips Multimedia Speaker System, model MMS 222/00 (whatever that all means wink ).
    The sound is nice, they can go loud enough for me and the whole living room!

I understand what you are all saying about what a good system can do to the music. I experienced that some years ago when I got my headphones, they are rather good. I heard things I never heard before! By the way, sometimes I use my headphones with the laptop too, but the headphones sound better with my discman.

Anyway, I believe you all immediately that a good system would be so different and much better but at the moment that's not an option and probably not a priority either, I'm afraid.
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2008 edited
    Believe me, there's a hell load of acoustical / physical reasons why a really good sound system is a totally different experience from our average, conventional ones that make them REALLY, REALLY worthy of the last single penny you'll ever spend on them and of course, a crucial update, if and when you have the money for it. Good systems will render frequencies in ways you'd have never thought possible and will totally change the way you enjoyed your music all these years, making it into a wholly new musical experience.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    You've heard this before by others but I gotta get it off my chest!

The two major Star Wars score disasters of the 20th century:

1. Disc 2 of Return Of The Jedi : Why the unforgivably poor sound mix! Has there ever been an official explanation?

2. The Phantom Menace - Deluxe Edition : Might as well have been a direct rip from DVD! Why is it the chopped up film edit of the score when they claim right there on the back cover that "Here at last is every note of the original music". Has there ever been an official explanation by Sony?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote

1. Disc 2 of Return Of The Jedi : Why the unforgivably poor sound mix! Has there ever been an official explanation?

2. The Phantom Menace - Deluxe Edition : Might as well have been a direct rip from DVD! Why is it the chopped up film edit of the score when they claim right there on the back cover that "Here at last is every note of the original music". Has there ever been an official explanation by Sony?

I feel lucky that I only bought the Fox Box and the first release Phantom Menace only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008 edited
    Some time ago I posted in "What's made your day that little bit better?" thread that I found a CD that I thought was lost forever. That CD was actually Last of the Dogmen by David Arnold. What currently annoys me is that neither my PC nor stereo can play the last two tracks "Faith and Courage" and "The Last Arrow". The CD doesn't look damaged nor is it that scratchy... confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Weird. Can you rip the tracks at all?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You have to take your time to listen classical music...

Please explain this statement to me
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    You have to take your time to listen classical music...

Please explain this statement to me

Quote function perhaps? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think Jordi mentioned that in Now Playing or Powell, concerning Indiana Jones.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Atham wrote

I feel lucky that I only bought the Fox Box and the first release Phantom Menace only.

Actually I regularly listen to the Deluxe Edition, I can put up with edits considering how much more great material is on the album compared to the original release. Listening to it right now in fact...

punk (Minus the cuts. slant )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Anthony wrote
    Weird. Can you rip the tracks at all?

Nope. It gives me an error like, unable to read the disc, whether I play it, attempt to rip it or create an image from it... Grrrrr... crazy