• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    You have to take your time to listen classical music...

Please explain this statement to me

He rarely comes back to explain anything unless it's to do with Pirates Of Thhhhhhhhhh sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sylvos wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Weird. Can you rip the tracks at all?

Nope. It gives me an error like, unable to read the disc, whether I play it, attempt to rip it or create an image from it... Grrrrr... crazy

Try cleaning it anyway. Get a wet tissue and go all over the back of the disc. Then take a few dry ones and dry it. You said you only just found it again - was it in direct sunlight or somewhere very warm? confused
  1. It may have warped slightly if it's been stored somewhere it shouldn't?

I sometimes find that CD-Rs that have been labelled with one of those CD labels with homemade artwork play fine until the last few cues. The heat of the PC somehow warps the disc. I had to rip the CD-R using a portable CD player plugged into the PC that didn't generate as much heat.

Sometimes a gentle bending of the CD fixes the tracking problems. Lay the CD on a flat surface and see if there's any warping. If there is then gently try and get rid of the warping. That may work?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah if it is warped at all, stick it under a heavy book for a few days. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Cleaning was the first thing I did actually but not with a wet tissue. Gotta give a try and see how it goes. Thanks!

It's not warped since it was in its own case all this time. It was in a box where I keep my PC's driver CDs and stuff. Must have put it there while trying to clean the room in the past. hehe
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008
    That's why I always keep at least two copies of CDs I really need/listen to regularly biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008
    Aww man, this is so irritating!

I'm getting a new computer delivered (I assume today). I'm stuck at work atm and I've been looking at the DHL website tracking the order. It's out with the courier currently and I'm praying that my parents are home if it gets delivered! angelic
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008 edited
    My new computer came, but what's f***ed me off more than anything is that it REFUSES to acknowledge the monitor is there and just says "no signal". I've tried everything I can think of. I've phoned tech support, and they were just their usual self ("is the monitor plugged in..."), and now it's going back to the company and it won't be seen for two more weeks!

F***ING HELL! crazy crazy explode
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited
    Well, when I just arrived home after a long day of work and a night out with a friend (everybody in the house asleep), what was scheduled to happen did finally happen. My mother et al. have put the (admittedly fairly old and sick) dog 'to sleep'. It was actually planned already a few weeks ago, but it was postponed due to her happy appearance and 'awake' look in her eyes. So I didn't really think it would happen tonight, but not being able to find her sleeping in the room did give me a hint, and the disappearance of her 'basket/bed' in the kitchen was fairly final. Pretty weird knowing she's not aroudn anymore over here. 'Annoying' is not the right word, but it sure didn't make my day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    BobdH wrote
    Well, when I just arrived home after a long day of work and a night out with a friend (everybody in the house asleep), what was scheduled to happen did finally happen. My mother et al. have put the (admittedly fairly old and sick) dog 'to sleep'. It was actually planned already a few weeks ago, but it was postponed due to her happy appearance and 'awake' look in her eyes. So I didn't really think it would happen tonight, but not being able to find her sleeping in the room did give me a hint, and the disappearance of her 'basket/bed' in the kitchen was fairly final. Pretty weird knowing she's not aroudn anymore over here. 'Annoying' is not the right word, but it sure didn't make my day.

Really sad to hear that Bob.

But being sick it was probably for the best and she's no longer in pain.

sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Really sad to hear that Bob.

But being sick it was probably for the best and she's no longer in pain.

sad

Yeah, I know. It is for the best, so that's a consolation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aw shit. sad
    It's an unavoidable part of life...which somehow does't make it any better at all.
    Condolences, man.
    sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony, you fixed it?

if your monitor has very high resolutions it won't be able to display the lower ones and you'll have to connect your pc to an older monitor first that supports lowers resolutions (the ones that xp transmits upon on fresh install), then install the graphics card drivers, turn the resolutions up, apply, restart and THEN plug in the new monitor instead.

That, or your cable is not correctly plugged on the graphics card slot.

Or your graphics card is faulty.

Or your ram isn't correctly placed on the motherboard slots.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony, you fixed it?

if your monitor has very high resolutions it won't be able to display the lower ones and you'll have to connect your pc to an older monitor first that supports lowers resolutions (the ones that xp transmits upon on fresh install), then install the graphics card drivers, turn the resolutions up, apply, restart and THEN plug in the new monitor instead.

That, or your cable is not correctly plugged on the graphics card slot.

Or your graphics card is faulty.

Or your ram isn't correctly placed on the motherboard slots.

Nope. I tried it on 2 different monitors and my TV. It's going back to the manufacturer now as they rekon the motherboard is busted (the computer apparantly powers up but does not POST). rolleyes

2 more freakin' weeks with no Crysis! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeah, the motherboard being tossed is another option apparently;
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Weird! Everything turned on... confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Dell?
    If so, I know what the problem is.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Alienware...so a part of Dell. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm, OK.
    There may be a connection then.

Mine was a bizarre combination of two specific Dell issues, one of which is well known (dodgy power supply) and one really odd one:

I found there's a USB-hub that, while attached to the MB (obviously) is actually integrated in the hood on my Dell machine. That somehow kept the motherboard from starting the POST.
    I kicked it around a bit and reattached whatever cable could be reattached, and hey presto!

Of course by that time the "service engineer" (great bloke, but not an IT techie at all, really) had already changed the RAM, the motherboard (twice) and the CPU (twice), so I essentially had a brand new computer, but hey... <shrug>

Anyway, won't matter much for you now I guess, as they've taken the kit back to the shop, so you won't get it back (I presume wink ) until it's up and running again anyway.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    This is by far the most difficult day at work I've ever had.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    what happened
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

An asteroid? An attack by giant mechanical menaces?

Don't keep us in suspense.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Ass-holes. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Ass-holes. smile

Ah that kind of hard day slant I'm afraid we all continually have to deal with idiots throughout our lives in one shape or another.

I hope your day is better tomorrow smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I'm afraid we all continually have to deal with idiots throughout our lives in one shape or another.

Especially here at maintitles.net!
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    MANIMAL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ-mzYRl3s
    Wow! Weren't the 1980's great for TV vomit
    Check out the weedy score! biggrin cheesy

Sorry, but I have to jump on the Manimal trip too, I used to love this !!
    The music was great, I can't think of who wrote the main title and the score for episode 1 but when I found out Alan Silvestri scored the remaining 7 eps, it all made sense why I loved it biggrin

Hmmm, but what's currently annoying me?

Lack of complete unedited SW prequel scores and lack of complete unedited Indiana Jones scores.
    Damn, that makes me furious wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I missed my 2000th post party! cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I missed my 2000th post party! cry

Old Chinese proverb say 'man who miss own 2000th party post cry very much' biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer: lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer: lol

Old Chinese proverb say "man annoyed by"......ahhh okay....no more foolish Chinese proverbs spin wink