• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    I am sure you got a point there omg
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But only difference being i am FORCED to drive through Rush hour here, i have no choice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Me too. There's no other way to go to work and imagine that I'm in a relatively small city. Athens, Thessaloniki and the other big ones are unpenetranable during rush hour.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I think you'll find those were probably ticket inspectors... dizzy

applause beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    lol

And that's, ladies and gents, is Greeks driving. vomit

I'll come to Greece and you can drive through London during rush hour. We'll compare notes....

Point being never drive through London during rush hour. Not unless you want to age at least 10 years within 60 minutes.

Didn't someone mention a few years ago that it was actually quicker to get around London in the days of horse drawn carriages? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009 edited
    Wasn't London seriously limiting traffic at some point? Or was that just an idea.

Stavroula, I like your calmness. Sounds a bit like me. I seldom hurry or get annoyed, but when I am (because of others) I can shake too when I'm back.

I don't like driving with a car. Everyone is stressed, wants to arrive asap and annoy as many people possible, and the ones who think they drive better than others, are the ones that drive faster and push everything they come along, on the sides.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A few years ago one of my neighbors suffered a heart attack ( he made a full recovery ) , while the ambulance was parked in the middle of the road due to no parking space the queue of cars that had built up starting honking they're horns impatiently.

Truly disgusting behavior. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I rarely (if ever) get stressed at the wheel. It's a place I feel calm and in control, and even when some prick cuts in front of me or does something stupid, I tend not to reciprocate. Better just to stay calm (which for some people it's clearly an impossibility).

Regardless of the many wankers that are on our British roads, I still love driving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I rarely (if ever) get stressed at the wheel. It's a place I feel calm and in control, and even when some prick cuts in front of me or does something stupid, I tend not to reciprocate. Better just to stay calm (which for some people it's clearly an impossibility).

Regardless of the many wankers that are on our British roads, I still love driving.

I adore driving, absolutely love the whole thing, and love my car; thus i too try to always remain calm, no matter what; in logical bounds of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    There are obviously good drivers too! And I love to be a passenger in those. wink
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    There are obviously good drivers too! And I love to be a passenger in those. wink

I'm a good driver, but I get constantly annoyed by other people's driving skilles, especially the ones who ride for shit. And then I constantly nag about it, know what I mean Bregt? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I'm a good driver

Problem is driving seems to be such a personal thing, that's what most people tend to believe. tongue Me? Well, I'm certainly calm... but I do think there are times when my driving fails and I could improve a lot.

Race driving on the other hand is something altogether different. That is something I have in the blood. biggrin
  2. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I'm a good driver

Race driving on the other hand is something altogether different. That is something I have in the blood. biggrin

never tried it, who knows smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    With 'race driving' (which for me has been a few track days, quad biking, karting and things like that whenever I get the chance) I tend to lack that inhibition that tells you "you're going fast", or "you might crash into that wall hurtling towards you and you could die", so that definitely helps with the going fast part of it. Whether my actual driving skills are bad, average, good or god-given is up for debate I suppose. dizzy
  3. Steven wrote
    With 'race driving' (which for me has been a few track days, quad biking, karting and things like that whenever I get the chance) I tend to lack that inhibition that tells you "you're going fast", or "you might crash into that wall hurtling towards you and you could die", so that definitely helps with the going fast part of it. Whether my actual driving skills are bad, average, good or god-given is up for debate I suppose. dizzy

ah did karting a couple of times, was decent at it, quad racing I never did but looks really cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote

Odd. I'm the exact opposite. In my car, I'm confident and love driving. I've tried quad biking and karting and hated them. Going at a quarter of the speed I drive quite regularly in my own car, but I was terrified! Guess I'm just a wuss. (A hypothesis not exactly disproved by the fact that I am presently listening to "I Know Him So Well" by Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Might as well go for gold and and get a glass of wine, some chocolate and start watching Sex in the City.

But yes, regarding the driving thing I'm both fortunate and unfortunate to lack that inhibition (for race driving and road driving respectively). It's probably that I just trust my instincts and feel very safe behind a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've never had a car (although I've had the certificate for 10 years!), but I'm frequently annoyed by drivers in the Oslo traffic. I use a bicycle to work every day, and there are some insane idiots driving around in the morning rush. Just two days ago, I was exiting from a roundabout, keeping myself almost on the pavement to cause as little hazzle as possible, but a car speeding up from the same roundabout ran me off the road, causing me to push my pedal down on the pavement edge and doing a double butterfly in the air before the inevitable asphalt encounter. A motorcyclist stopped to ask if I was alright, and I just nodded, a bit confused. I was embarrased and angry at the same time! And thankfully just a little bruised/dirty. But geezes...

I wish we had those excellent bicycle roads you have in the Netherlands!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Riding a bicycle in the city is very, very da. ngerous these days sadly
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Riding a bicycle in the city is very, very da. ngerous these days sadly

Yeah, but have you seen Dutch city roads for bicycles? It's like an Autobahn for bicycles! Very impressive and comfortable.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, apparently and i don't doubt they're excellent! In Greece though, riding a bicycle means instant mayhem unfortunately.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Love Karting punk Never tried ( had the opportunity ) to do Quad biking but would love to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    I don't know what the hell I've done but I can hardly move my head and my neck and shoulder are in pain slant

Maybe I slept in an awkward possition?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think I ate a bad chicken. I was so hungry, and it took FOREVER to cook, so I may have eaten it a bit prematurely. Damnit! My stomach is beginning to protest....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    CityLink, the world's courier service that we constantly bash at work for being shit, are in complete control of my phone coming tomorrow. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ShityLink? Yeah, good luck with that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I think I ate a bad chicken. I was so hungry, and it took FOREVER to cook, so I may have eaten it a bit prematurely. Damnit! My stomach is beginning to protest....

How you feeling now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

How you feeling now?

I am doing it all the time; no worries, nothing happens. Chicken is God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Chicken truly is God, it can smite you something awful if not treated with respect. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Chicken truly is God, it can smite you something awful if not treated with respect. vomit

Very VERY true!

Did you ever see one of those 'expose' type documentaries about illegal food selling, featured a guy called 'Mick the Chick' who..........I'll stop right there as it's a horror story.