• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Stavroula wrote
    Uh,uh! sad So there is actually a possibility of firing you? angry

Yes and no: thing is that I'm a contractor, so I'm hired out.
    It's the hiring company that's doing the reorganization.

Worst thing that will happen to me is that company that's currently hiring me from my agency will terminate the contract.
    Which means that my agency will need to find a new job for me.

I'll still get paid, that's not what I'm worried about, but I really like the job I'm doing now with the people I'm doing it with at the location I'm doing it at: anything else at this time would be a step back as far as I'm concerned.

When will you know?

Internal communication isn't this company's strong suit. slant
    Before end of August, I would imagine.

I hope everything works out well!

Thanks, lass.
    Much appreciated. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This crap is always sad to hear, let us know how it'll roll out mate, i hope in the best / least negative of ways.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cheers, D.
    I'll keep you all informed, of course.

These are interesting times we live in.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting to say the least rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yeah, very interesting indeed. I am unemployed since mid january; even PI´s have been dragged to hell by the fucking crysis. I really thought that we would have even more work to do, but it´s been quite the opposite! crazy cry
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn Martijn, that is suffocating news in these times. I so hope it does not happen. They know how good you are!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009 edited
    If you're looking for proof that God doesn't exist, don't bother investigating the big stuff, like earthquakes or famine or tsunamis. Start small. Right now, I've got a sore throat and as far as I'm concerned that's evidence enough.

The constant awareness is the worst part. Usually I walk around blissfully unaware of my throat. I never think 'ooh, aren't I lucky to have a throat?' or anything like that. But right now I'm bloody obsessed with it. I'm also extremely conscious of just how often I must nonchalantly swallow saliva in an average day without even realising, because suddenly it hurts like hell each time it happens. Every few minutes it feels like I'm trying to squeeze a splintered cupboard door down my neck - yet I can't stop doing it. It's fucking humiliating.

angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009
    Feel for you Lee. A long time since ( thankfully ) I've had a throat that feels like sandpaper.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I've got a cold and moderately sore throat now too. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    God Doesn't exist 'cause your throat is soar? Steven will love this biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, great. In fact, I think I'll invite Lee to one of my atheist seminars I give out every Sunday at my local atheist church to all the other atheists. And then afterward we all discuss atheist things like worshiping science and atheist scientists. Atheism is a wonderful religion. Go atheism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know something that kicks your atheists ass Steven wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    *sigh*

Joking aside, I don't consider myself atheist. I hate that word!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know, i kid you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

That guy with Tom Cruise must be all of 3 feet 8 inches tall if the Cruise man is towering over him.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That guy with Tom Cruise must be all of 3 feet 8 inches tall if the Cruise man is towering over him.

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

biggrin

Now that made me laugh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    I'm bored... I don't work right now and I bored... slant
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    School's closed babe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited
    Yeap! I'll go again on Tuesday for a couple of hours and then 1st of September if schools open due to the flu.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm going to have to rethink this.
    Even though "on paper" I've got things pretty much under control, the sheer amount of stress-inducing factors in my life right now apparently is now working itself into my system.

I dream about it, and when I wake up it's more often than not with a jolt, and immediately starting to think, ponder and strategize so that I'm unable to get back to sleep. And there are some more stupid little physical tell-tale signs (classic reduction of physical resistance and such).

This is NOT a good thing, and I think I should quite urgently need to find a way to "reset" (or at the very least reduce stress levels). There is nothing in a practical sense I can set aside or postpone right now, so it'll have to be stress-reducing techniques, rather than a practical reduction.

That's cool. I know the drill. I know some techniques, and if I run out, I know where I can find more help.
    Even writing the whole thing down apparently helps (yeah people, I'm just using you here wink )

But I am unbelievably annoyed that my mind is "betraying" me like this.
    I would have thought I'd easily handle the whole work-life-study balance thingy even in these challenging times.
    That there still appears to be some mental and physical fall-out I find bitterly disappointing.
    (Yeah, I know. That doesn't help much either. Acceptance. Zen. Ooooommmmmm....
    Or install some utterly bloodthirsty computer game where I get to take a bazooka to zombies with impunity or something).
    slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Best medicine: a hot babe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    YOU ARE UTTERLY MONOMANIACAL!

(But you do have a point wink )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Though I agree with D that could, eventually, end up being the most stressful of all.

Eat good healthy food? Some gentle excercise? Get friends to lend you an ear?

And as you pointed out, a good violent game may be just the trick!?

Stress is not a good thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Played Halo online for almost 4 hours continuously and now got a moderate headache... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You know i am right though Martijn my friend; not always the easiest of solutions, but i think it's the only one; the stress BAM! out the window!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavi, are you still in Sparta? If yes, what are you doing there since you're not working now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Best medicine: a hot babe.

That's all very well, but as Timmer said that could prove to be even more stress. I don't imagine Martijn is the kind of guy to just go and pick up some random bimbo in a bar. I imagine he prefers to connect with someone on an intellectual level before making a move, and that is not something that just happens simply because you want it to! So there's your extra stress right there.

If I'm stressed, I just go for walks or bike rides with my iPod -sorry- walkman. (Or go to a bar and pick up some random bimbo.*)

*I wish.