• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavi, are you still in Sparta? If yes, what are you doing there since you're not working now?

No luv. I'm not in Sparta, I'm in Athens. I have to go there again on Tuesday to work in the education office for one day. It's obligatory for all the teachers working in high schools and lyceums. I'm trying to catch up with things here in Athens but I don't seem capable of adjusting again instantly. rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Best medicine: a hot babe.

That's all very well, but as Timmer said that could prove to be even more stress. I don't imagine Martijn is the kind of guy to just go and pick up some random bimbo in a bar. I imagine he prefers to connect with someone on an intellectual level before making a move, and that is not something that just happens simply because you want it to! So there's your extra stress right there.

If I'm stressed, I just go for walks or bike rides with my iPod -sorry- walkman. (Or go to a bar and pick up some random bimbo.*)

*I wish.

Who talked about bar bimbos? Can't he seek that connection with a "regular" hot babe?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavi, are you still in Sparta? If yes, what are you doing there since you're not working now?

No luv. I'm not in Sparta, I'm in Athens. I have to go there again on Tuesday to work in the education office for one day. It's obligatory for all the teachers working in high schools and lyceums. I'm trying to catch up with things here in Athens but I don't seem capable of adjusting again instantly. rolleyes

Well, somebody specific should be helping you as we speak!
  1. yeah smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who talked about bar bimbos? Can't he seek that connection with a "regular" hot babe?

I dunno, you'll have to ask Martijn. (But you talk as though you can simply pluck one from a tree! I wish it did work like that, but 99.99% of the time it doesn't. You have to make a helluva lot of effort to make it work, and that's what I mean by extra stress.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Or even better, ask William.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I dunno, you'll have to ask Martijn. (But you talk as though you can simply pluck one from a tree! I wish it did work like that, but 99.99% of the time it doesn't. You have to make a helluva lot of effort to make it work, and that's what I mean by extra stress.)

When the stress of approach is over, the returned gifts are much more higher of value and the initial stress is gone; plus it's not rocket science, it mostly takes self-confidence, knowing what you want. And as for looks, i don't think Martijn has problems with this department wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Still risky though. If it doesn't go your way, then you've got even more stress on your hands. In Martijn's case, I would simply play it safe and just take the stress out with exercise, healthy eating, music and all of that jazz. I doubt it's Martijn's style to take his stress away by finding a wo-man. I dunno, I'm just guessing... what d'ya reckon Martijn?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why stressed if it doesn't go your way? Onto the next one! At least you'll know you went for it and actually tried instead of wondering forever what would have been!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Of course we're forgetting the fact we're using the female/women/girl for a particularly selfish reason - to relieve our own stress! Imagine if you went up to a women and said "Would you like to help me relieve some stress?" biggrin (I think you'd get a slap to end all slaps. Unless of course you meet the one woman in the world it actually works on.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'll go with Timmer and Steven's advice and have a critical look at my diet and exercise regime.

Steven is completely correct though: alleviating stress through a woman hardly ever works! For one, I would think the girl would feel rather used if she were to find out. Two, girls tend to pick up on stress levels with radar-like precision...and as it isn't really an attractive trait that won't work to anyone's advantage. And thirdly, apparently I come across as a bit hyper already when I'm just nervous or shy...try and compound that by serious stress levels and the world at large will probably be convinced I'm taking half a kilo of coke for breakfast every morning!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Of course we're forgetting the fact we're using the female/women/girl for a particularly selfish reason -

Synchronicity. I was just making the very point. smile
    Yeah, seriously. I'd feel pretty damn guilty about that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Of course we're forgetting the fact we're using the female/women/girl for a particularly selfish reason - to relieve our own stress! Imagine if you went up to a women and said "Would you like to help me relieve some stress?" biggrin (I think you'd get a slap to end all slaps. Unless of course you meet the one woman in the world it actually works on.)

I didn't talk about using anyway. Maybe he likes her and ends up with her! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    And thirdly, apparently I come across as a bit hyper already when I'm just nervous or shy...try and compound that by serious stress levels and the world at large will probably be convinced I'm taking half a kilo of coke for breakfast every morning!

biggrin

I'm like Chandler from friends when I'm nervous in those sorts of situations. I just keep making jokes... probably regardless of whether they work. shame

Anyway, I hope all goes well. Not much I can say but: You have my deepest sympathy! (Empathy, not so much. I obviously have no idea what your situation actually feels like.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I didn't talk about using anyway. Maybe he likes her and ends up with her! smile

You didn't have to. The fact that you suggested taking stress away by finding a woman implies that you're using the woman as a means to an end, regardless of whether you're as noble as a Knight who say Ni when it comes to interacting with said woman. You can't avoid the fact that you've met this woman simply because you were trying to find someone to relieve some stress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If you're suggesting you know what i felt / feel for my babe and how and why i approached it, that is Bullshit. I am not the subject here, nor have i been that stressed for as long before as i can remember. Martijn said something, i replied about his case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    If you're suggesting you know what i felt / feel for my babe and how and why i approached it, that is Bullshit. I am not the subject here, nor have i been that stressed for as long before as i can remember. Martijn said something, i replied about his case.

What? I'm not suggesting anything about you or your girlfriend! I'm discussing the matter at hand.

It's bullshit if you were intending to find a woman in the first place, because the stress would simply be the feather that broke the camel's back and made you decide to get off your backside and do something. But to go out and find a 'babe' specifically to relieve stress is, either way you look at it, not a noble endeavor. It is, either way you look at it, using the woman for your own personal gratification rather than finding the woman because you're interested in her. All very well if you do end up finding an interesting *ahem* babe... but the fact remains you're there because you want her to relieve your stress. And as Martijn mentioned, that rarely spells success.

I'm all for going out and finding 'babes' for fun, but preferably under nicer circumstances than simply because you're stressed (and judging by Martijn's description, his stress appears to be on a cosmic scale). If you had said "Get rid of the stress with a good diet, exercise and plenty of music first, then go out and find yourself a babe" I'd probably have replied with one of these:

beer

So please please please read my words carefully before you get the wrong end of the stick again by assuming I'm making a personal statement toward you. I never get personal on forums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    judging by Martijn's description, his stress appears to be on a cosmic scale

Just to avoid confusion: it's not.
    It's not very healthy (obviously), but it's not like I'm walking around puking my guts our or something.
    I'm just trying to find my feet again, so to speak. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    Ah, good. You should see how I do stress... now that really is cosmic. biggrin (I get it from my mum apparently.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I guess it's probably more healthy that way?
    Not sure, but I would gather that anything you -subconsciously or no- keep inside, and that finds an outlet through physical means (aches, pains, malaise) or in one's dreams, is probably slightly more worrisome /difficult to deal with (hence my concern).

Again: it's really not that bad (I think)

I'm just seriously annoyed that it has to come out that way, and that I can't put my finger on it.
    I just thought I knew me, my mind and my limitations better. angry

Anyway, enough of this navelgazing.
    I'll start with (even) more fruits and veg and some regular exercise, and see how we go from there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    No rain in the city. It really annoys me. DAMN! DAMN!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it'll rain plenty in 7 days, when the tsunami comes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    :drowns:
  2. applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009
    Help me!!!! cry

I have to unload and clean 3 bookcases bursting with books! University books, literature, teaching books, several papers and notes... a total mess! I have to sort them out too. My Gramy wants wants me to do this things and me not want tooooooo.... cry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote
    Help me!!!! cry

I have to unload and clean 3 bookcases bursting with books! University books, literature, teaching books, several papers and notes... a total mess! I have to sort them out too. My Gramy wants wants me to do this things and me not want tooooooo.... cry

You have my sympathies. Perhaps you'll stumble on to some good reading tips, though?

Also, you know what's almost WORSE than unloading books? It's DUSTING OFF the damn books and bookcases, a source of constant frustration over here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The lower half of my bookshelf has been a dust and spider-web paradise for over two years. Gotta clean it up someday... *some* day... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thor wrote

Also, you know what's almost WORSE than unloading books? It's DUSTING OFF the damn books and bookcases, a source of constant frustration over here.

I know!!! I will have to clean up the whole room after to get rid of all the dust!!! sad

I feel tired already!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009 edited
    Being annoyed helps a lot: I have thrown out SO much when I was angry!
    Cleans up wonderfully!

Also: coffee.
    And loud music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Help me!!!! cry

Buy me an airplane ticket and I'll be there to help you as fast as possible! biggrin

Seriosly, if you don't want to sneeze you're face off put a mask on and just knuckle down to it ( it doesn't sound like something you can worm your way out of slant )

And yeah, as Martijn said...coffee & LOUD cool

( busy music like KRULL mayhap? cool )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt