• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Sunil, our friend here is having job problems, so it's not much to joke about, OK?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Cheers Pawel, but don't worry. I won't melt. wink
    (Unless it rains of course).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Still, it's not funny to make movie jokes about it smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Surreal
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Sunil, our friend here is having job problems, so it's not much to joke about, OK?

Sorry! shocked
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Well, not so much of an annoyance but a little concern really. I had a cd trade with someone from FSM and I got my cds after a long delay. That's ok. But all along, the person made certain claims which now appear very fishy. Upon raising the same points with him, I was not given any reasonable explanation.
    Do you think it would be fair to mention the inconsistencies/issues in the message board so that others are made aware of it (for future trades with the same person)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey, easy case;

Here's your error:

BhelPuri wrote
    I had a cd trade with someone from FSM

Case solved;

out. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BhelPuri wrote
    Well, not so much of an annoyance but a little concern really. I had a cd trade with someone from FSM and I got my cds after a long delay. That's ok. But all along, the person made certain claims which now appear very fishy. Upon raising the same points with him, I was not given any reasonable explanation.
    Do you think it would be fair to mention the inconsistencies/issues in the message board so that others are made aware of it (for future trades with the same person)?

If you have very good grounds to suspect shenanigan, and have had no consistent or proper explanatory response, I would indeed take it public...but as carefully and as unbiased as you can (basically, the same way you did here): i.e. don't immediately go shouting "fraud!" and "theft".

Put your case forward, and also invite that person to make a public response.

Publicity in such matters has helped to solve issues.

I'd still only do it as a last resort, though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, what MARTIJN said, but be sure to think the series of events and communication exchanged once again and thorough, before deciding to go public.

Is it BSX related, by any chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote

Here's your error:

BhelPuri wrote
    I had a cd trade with someone from FSM

Case solved;

lol

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll wait till Monday and then post on FSM.
    And no, it wasn't BSX related. Those guys hardly ever respond to mails and I stopped buying from them years ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    Climate, its really annoying me. No rain and very hot climate over here. I am really scared of water scarcity. I would like to visit Neverland. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn lives there - so make sure you stop by to see him!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    What? is he in Neverland? Wow! its amazing. punk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, Netherlands. I think it's the same thing though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    lol applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    A bad night yesterday annoyed me today. I took my car for a ride after 3 weeks and all of the sudden those light thingies which tell you something's wrong lite up! The same thing for the 3rd time in a month! I was having such a good time until then! I went for beers (Tim must be proud right now!) with my bf in a cute irish pub and enjoyed my Guinness and then this happened. I spent the whole night in misery, crying my eyes out and had to ask a neighbour to help me get the car to a mechanic because mine is in Sparta. Luckly it was yet again a false alarm and now everyting is ok. But I was a mess until it was fixed.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    beer to the Guinness

sad <--for you're misery
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Stavroula wrote
    A bad night yesterday annoyed me today. I took my car for a ride after 3 weeks and all of the sudden those light thingies which tell you something's wrong lite up! The same thing for the 3rd time in a month! I was having such a good time until then! I went for beers (Tim must be proud right now!) with my bf in a cute irish pub and enjoyed my Guinness and then this happened. I spent the whole night in misery, crying my eyes out and had to ask a neighbour to help me get the car to a mechanic because mine is in Sparta. Luckly it was yet again a false alarm and now everyting is ok. But I was a mess until it was fixed.

Are you OK now, Stavi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Yes, Pawel. I'm much better now. Just a bit of a headache from crying and the heat. But I'm ok! Thanks for asking! smile kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  4. Get yourself another beer. If I were in Greece, this one would be on me smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    If you were in Greece it would be red cold wine! That's how we welcome good friends! And of course it would be on me! smile beer
  5. Red and COLD? That's interesting smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My car does weird stuff like that too. Every so often I'll be driving happily and it will all of a sudden flash "EAC failure". I think that stands for electronic acceleration control and until I turn the engine off and back on again my acceleration drops considerably. Happened on the motorway while going at 70 the other day. Should probably get it checked out... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, it's exact audio copy and indicates that your car stereo needs patching.
    Have you rebooted your car?
  6. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Martijn wrote
    No, it's exact audio copy and indicates that your car stereo needs patching.
    Have you rebooted your car?

ah jeez spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    My car does weird stuff like that too. Every so often I'll be driving happily and it will all of a sudden flash "EAC failure". I think that stands for electronic acceleration control and until I turn the engine off and back on again my acceleration drops considerably. Happened on the motorway while going at 70 the other day. Should probably get it checked out... dizzy

No worries; those new cars are filled with electronics, esp. the european ones, like my Seat Ibiza, and little insignificant things will 'cause lots of stuff to light up and blink. Although my general rule is that if it works ok ignore it 'till it goes away, I was happily surprised though when i finally did visit my mechanic for a check up with the official electronic scan thingy by the WV group, that it was just a 30 euro accessory which i got from Seat themselves, he installed and replaced the old one with and Bam, works wonders, no more lights warning annoying me since then!

Stavi, what kind of car do you own?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    A 2003 VW Polo. It's a wonderful car!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    AH! Welcome to the club babe:

WV
    SEAT
    AUDI
    SKODA

From 2002 onwards, those cars share the same basic systems, even engines as WV makes them all, apart from the AUDI ones which are independently made, but still pretty much carry a lot of similarities with the other 3 makes. They tend to behave in the same way and in very similar manners. If something is continuously lighting up in the cockpit as a warning light and such, do yourself a favor and visit a CERTIFIED wv-seat-audi-skoda mechanic, they'll hook it up to the "mother's" computer and tell you exactly what's wrong with your car, probably it's something weary that needs changing that's causing it up. In my 2002's seat ibiza, an old 30-euro worth valve was giving me headaches, they found it, changed it, and bam all problems gone. But be warned that only certified mechanics have that computer which can tell what's wrong with the car exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    It doesn't just rain, it pours! A few days ago I cut my hand after breaking a glass. Today I managed to burn it also while ironing. And on top of that , the ship I'm taking on Thursday had an accident today and I don't know how the heck I'm going to travel! First the car now the ship... Hey! I'm going to travel by aeroplane in less than a month! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? rolleyes