• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. You're gonna be fine, Stavi. How's your hand? Was it the same hand?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    Yes, it's the same hand. cry It hurts a bit.
    I'm typing really slow because of that. Thanks for the encouragment Pawel! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Get your loved one to blow a kiss on it and the pain will go away smile

Get well. I am sure your trip next month is going to be great.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    Things can only get better kiss beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Definitely smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    Stavroula wrote
    It doesn't just rain, it pours! A few days ago I cut my hand after breaking a glass. Today I managed to burn it also while ironing. And on top of that , the ship I'm taking on Thursday had an accident today and I don't know how the heck I'm going to travel! First the car now the ship... Hey! I'm going to travel by aeroplane in less than a month! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? rolleyes

Hope your hand heals quickly smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    Stavroula wrote
    It doesn't just rain, it pours! A few days ago I cut my hand after breaking a glass. Today I managed to burn it also while ironing. And on top of that , the ship I'm taking on Thursday had an accident today and I don't know how the heck I'm going to travel! First the car now the ship... Hey! I'm going to travel by aeroplane in less than a month! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? rolleyes

Hey sweety, don't take it so bad! Is your hand suffering anything serious? I hope and i really think that when this thunder of bad things goes away you'll remember them laughing smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    It's cut and burnt but nothing to much. I'm right handed and it's the right hand so I'm a bit annoyed for not being able to use it properly. It hurts a bit also. I know it's not so bad. I'll be laughing about it in a few days, I know.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But right now you are perfectly entitled to bark at your neighbours, shout at annoying kids, kick little dogs and use sarcasm on internet fora.

(What? That's what*I* do when I'm annoyed! wink )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Yeah, you will. I have my left hand hurt a bit and I'm laughing of it already. Had a mild bike accident few days ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I hope it was nothing too serious Pawel!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm going through the annoyance of the disability. I want to open my window and can't. Back to the maintenance man who is very nice. It turns out my thermostat is 5 degrees off so 80=75.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  5. Stavroula wrote
    I hope it was nothing too serious Pawel!

No, rather ridiculous. I have monopsia, which means that I don't perceive distance as I should (I don't see with both eyes at the same time, it's a neurological thing, I have my fair share of problems with eyes themselves, but that's out of it).

What happened is that I turned into a street too wide. I was supposed to pick up an 8 year old girl, who I managed to teach to ride a bike (something I am proud of) from her place and take her to mine (my mom is a babysitter to her and her 4 years old brother).

So, I made a too wide turn and headed straight onto an electric pole. I miscalculated the distance and didn't make it to turn away or brake, so the bike hit the pole. I peeled some skin off my hand and basically hurt nothing more than my dignity.

It was quite hilarious to see a bike literally STANDING though lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    applause biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. smile

Exactly, now I am slightly scared of turning, but alive. I went shopping on my bike today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Might I incidentally congratulate you Timmer on the evocative quote in your footer?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yer welcome beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    It's cut and burnt but nothing to much. I'm right handed and it's the right hand so I'm a bit annoyed for not being able to use it properly. It hurts a bit also. I know it's not so bad. I'll be laughing about it in a few days, I know.

No worries sweety, in a couple of days you'll be just fine! How's the car going? And the ship you're taking for your vacations?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    The exuberant price of fake 'rare' scores, making them extreme unaffordable for a film music enthusiast. I'm not going to mention which ones in particular busted my bubble, because you might grab them somewhere before I get the chance wink, but slamming a rare sticker on a $15 cd and making people pay $50 or more for it on Amazon or eBay doesn't really help anyone... Bah!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You can imagine how many times I've gotten lost in the last three days, yikes.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Get yourself a street map Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Just found out my best friend when I was younger died a few days ago. He was found by his sister in bed after nobody could get in touch with him for a while - nobody yet sure what happened. I hadn't seen him for years, but I think this is the first time someone of my own age (31) that I have known has died.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Just found out my best friend when I was younger died a few days ago. He was found by his sister in bed after nobody could get in touch with him for a while - nobody yet sure what happened. I hadn't seen him for years, but I think this is the first time someone of my own age (31) that I have known has died.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Southall.

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine died in a freak accident just a few weeks after he got married. He also had a 6-month child. The night after being the best man in a weddding for a friend of his, he fell to his death from the 8th floor of the hotel they were staying in. Nodbody knows how it happened. His wife was fast asleep. He was my age, not even 30 at the time, and was barely starting out in life.

Anyways, I don't know how close a connection you had to him after all these years, but these freak accidents at our age really put things in perspective. You get to appreciate life more and all that.

Sincerest condolences to you, Southall, and especially the family of the deceased.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's very sad James.

Can I ask how you feel about it? The reason I ask is that a few years ago an old friend of mine took his own life ( another Clifton Suspension Bridge statistic ), we were quite close at one time but as some friendships do we drifted apart and I hadn't seen him for a long time until I heard the news. I felt strangely detatched and not as sad as I felt I should have felt!?? Perhaps because I felt just as angry as I did sad? I dunno? Your circumstances are different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    That's very sad James.

Can I ask how you feel about it? The reason I ask is that a few years ago an old friend of mine took his own life ( another Clifton Suspension Bridge statistic ), we were quite close at one time but as some friendships do we drifted apart and I hadn't seen him for a long time until I heard the news. I felt strangely detatched and not as sad as I felt I should have felt!?? Perhaps because I felt just as angry as I did sad? I dunno? Your circumstances are different.

It's quite hard to articulate. We fell out of touch years ago (the only time I had seen him in the last ten years was at my dad's funeral, actually) and so the shock I feel isn't necessarily about losing a friend, but more about losing someone of my own generation, which isn't something I've ever had to think about before. Of course, I'm very sad for his family.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I found that it completely erodes one's sense of 'invulnerability'.
    Suddenly death is not just "les autres".
  7. Sorry to hear about your news, James.

I suppose that this isn't the sort of thing you would expect to have to go through at your (and even my own) age. Growing up there's the times when everyone around you is having parties for various birthdays, then there's the round of weddings you get invited to and, hearing mum and dad talk sometimes, there's a time (far in the future hopefully) when there's friends' deaths being posted in the local newspaper.

Personally, I can't see at the moment how people of advanced years can cope with the day-to-day increasing certainty of your own passing. I'm hoping that it's a state of mind that a person achieves with the advancing years (along with the grey hair, which I have already.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009 edited
    The captain (Dani Jarque) of the football team I´m supporter of has died due to a heart attack at the age of 26 just a few hours ago. Sad moments for the RCD Espanyol familiy, and obviously for his family (he was about to be father in september). Rest in Peace
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shocked Young, fit, good looking guy.....that's shocking! I don't know and have never heard of the person you're talking about Marcel but it's incredibly sad sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And one of the best defensive player of Spain. It´s strange, I didn´t know him personally, and the ones really suffering right now are the family and friends, but after watching him playing since he was a kid (he was in the club since 1995) I´m very sad.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you