• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Right now: my decaying body after I turned 30. I can't get rid those annoying kilos around the waist. sad

I know exactly what you mean. shame slant

sad

NOW I'm depressed! We had someone move on to another job last week and someone had put together a photo album covering the 20 years he had been at our place - photos of me then were MUCH better than the ones of me now!

One of the good things about him leaving though is that I get to learn how to use a scanning electron microscope!! Looking forward to that - but the £150,000 price tag associated with this piece of kit and all the things that could go wrong (and the cost of putting them right again). :gulp:

Good luck! shocked beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I'm drunk. I hear, but cannot see fireworks outside. I don't know what is going on.

Let us know what you're head is like later today.....

This? dizzy

or this? spin

or is it this? crazy

...maybe this? vomit

Or is it beyond and gone into Scanner mode? explode

? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Right now: my decaying body after I turned 30. I can't get rid those annoying kilos around the waist. sad

I know exactly what you mean. shame slant

Yeah, but you're quite well-built in the first place, so you can "handle it". I, on the other hand, am a very slim and "lanky" (is that a word?) person - so a beer tummy looks kinda silly on a body like that ! shame

I haven't touched any weights or excercised properly for a year and a half now Thor and believe me it shows! shame slant

Really, yeah! I understand, I myself had to stop exercising for the previous month and a half because I had joined courses for my exams and they changed the time to both morning and evening, the only times when I did my regular sit-ups, push ups etc. Now that my exams are over, I got down to exercise and found that I was sweating in doing 20 sit ups when I used to do about 40 before!! It's amazing how soon it gets a bit "rusty" if you don't keep up with it... I swear I won;t neglect it again, no matter what! wink

Thor, why don't you try out yoga? I've seen people in their 40s and 50s lose quite a lot of their belly after doing certain exercises in yoga. I dunno if you guys have heard of it, but out here we have a yogic teacher called Ramdeva Maharaj who has helped cure people with even serious health problems with the help of yogic exercises. I myself am going to take it up sometime this year. Check it out! wink
  1. M ywife used to do yoga, and my stepmom still does it regularly. It really has some astounding effects on body and mind if done right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2008
    I injured my neck when I was a kid, and do special yoga exercises for my neck to relieve pressure. They're really helpful especially since I spend so much time at the computer.

I'm trying to put together a website in Flash right now, and it's proving to be quite difficult. I used to think Photoshop was a demanding application, but I had no idea the hell awaiting me that is Flash. If I survive this, I'll be a stronger man because of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    My tennis practice has been ruined because of this darn rain... angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

Is it Monsoon season now Ravi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yep! But it's been very erratic - one day we have horrible rain and in a couple of hours the clouds part and there's sunshine! It's been like this for two years now, so I'm kinda used to it, LOL wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's raining now as well, for the couple of past days too. Pretty unusual (and upsetting) for this time of year in Greece. But i guess rain isn't that bad when you live in generally dry grounds as Greece, apart from the negative effect on your mood wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. It´s Monday. Isn´t that just enough?
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008 edited
    start of exams in uni rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christoph wrote
    start of exams in uni rolleyes

For me; end of uni. slant sad

I do start a new course in September though which I'm looking forward to. More new people to meet! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yep! But it's been very erratic - one day we have horrible rain and in a couple of hours the clouds part and there's sunshine! It's been like this for two years now, so I'm kinda used to it, LOL wink

I LOVE the rains in India! Here in Britain, despite it's reputation for rain, it never POURS down like it does when the sky opens in India and have great memories of huge storms in Dharmsala, Manali and Srinigar though I concede that it ain't such great fun being caught in it and remember feeling like a drowned rat after getting caught in the open at Connaugt Circus ( have I spelt that right? ) in Delhi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I LOVE the rains in India! Here in Britain, despite it's reputation for rain, it never POURS down like it does when the sky opens in India and have great memories of huge storms in Dharmsala, Manali and Srinigar though I concede that it ain't such great fun being caught in it and remember feeling like a drowned rat after getting caught in the open at Connaugt Circus ( have I spelt that right? ) in Delhi.

Yeah! Although the trend has sorta changed now, when the rain usually comes, it does come down cats and dogs!! biggrin I dislike rain only when I have to sit in home doing nothing with it pouring outside, or when I have to cancel going somehere because of it. But we loved playing football during the rain back at school!! (as long as I could get dry before going home and Mom didn't discover the state of my shoes cheesy )

I'd blame the heavy pollution and global warming causing gases (and the lack of precautions against them) for this erratic weather...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    More new people to meet! cheesy

You can meet new people in Bristol too.
    Just stop ignoring. tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Do some of you ever stop to consider how awesome it is that we're sitting in India, Norway, England, The Netherlands, USA, Germany, Greece, you-name-it and interacting in this one place? Yeah, yeah, it's old news, but for someone who actually lived and was interested in film music before the advent of internet, this still amazes me. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    You´re right, this IS amazing, of course. What I find interesting as well is the fact that we´re even able to communicate by a shared language. The world already is one large place were one big community keeps getting built day by day... or, two communities, to be exact, one that has the power of the internet and the other one that doesn´t even have fresh water to drink every day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Do some of you ever stop to consider how awesome it is that we're sitting in India, Norway, England, The Netherlands, USA, Germany, Greece, you-name-it and interacting in this one place? Yeah, yeah, it's old news, but for someone who actually lived and was interested in film music before the advent of internet, this still amazes me. smile

Yes, I also can't imagine that. Must have been quite lonely sometimes. The fact that we now also can meet new people together in real, (the Bristol meeting) is great!

The Internet is the best invention since the toilet system.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think the internet is the best invention ever. Forget the wheel or the lightbulb! tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I think the internet is the best invention ever. Forget the wheel or the lightbulb! tongue

What, better than ring-pulls on beer cans? shocked wink
  3. Currently I am most annoyed by the heat. In front of my computer, it´s 26 degree celsius at 22:51 in the evening, and I am melting. I guess I´ll call it a night soon...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love the heat me. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I love the heat me. cool

The problem with Bristol is it's surrounded by hills and it get's so damned humid with rarely any breeze slant

Coastal areas on the other hand.... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I love the heat me. cool

The problem with Bristol is it's surrounded by hills and it get's so damned humid with rarely any breeze slant

Coastal areas on the other hand.... cool

Don't remind me. I wish I was still in Pompey... sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Very much better. tongue Drink from bottles always seems to taste better. Especially cola! dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Very much better. tongue Drink from bottles always seems to taste better. Especially cola! dizzy

Definitely, I love coke from a bottle! Rarely see it about in these parts outside pubs which are expensive slant

Bottled Carlsberg Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!! beer lick
  4. My allergic reactions to nature. Very strong this morning. Argh.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    My allergic reactions to nature. Very strong this morning. Argh.

Yeah, my eyes are red and stinging today.
  5. It´s a plague, isn´t it? Those citericin pills are nearly useless at the moment...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    You´re right, this IS amazing, of course. What I find interesting as well is the fact that we´re even able to communicate by a shared language.

Except in some cases. With lolcat language very few understand biggrin

On a more serious note, i completely agree with Thor above and this intimacy and warm mood over here is what draws me in each and every moment i share with you guys (and couple of beautiful) ladies wink

Cheers mates! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.