• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    That's very cool Mikael! I'm excited about the Kermorvant and Harvey scores.

Peter (plindboe) had a clip from Les Deux Mondes in a recent game and I've wanted to get that score on cd.

trust me, the score is bloody marvelous smile

Oh, sure! BTW, have you seen the movie? The premise sounds great fun. It's not available in Netflix sad
  1. BhelPuri wrote
    Oh, sure! BTW, have you seen the movie? The premise sounds great fun. It's not available in Netflix sad

I haven't seen it, but any more that carries such a thunderous score I'm dying to see smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. FSM messageboard regular "The Cat" has posted an interesting interview with Mikael Carlsson. I recommend people head over to his film music blog for a read.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010 edited
    From ScreenArchives:
    For a limited time only, $5 OFF select MovieScore Media CD's! Offer ends May 4th! Click HERE to start shopping!

Ha!

I will finally buy another batch, after postponing for some time.

I had Alexandra on my list. What else could be recommended? I'm not a fan of horror scores, though Jokel was a very good one. Any advice?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    I had Alexandra on my list. What else could be recommended? I'm not a fan of horror scores, though Jokel was a very good one. Any advice?

Alexandre is BRILLIANT. Also check out CINEMA SYMPHONY, POSSIBILITY OF AN ISLAND, BACK IN BUSINESS, FINDING RIN-TIN-TIN, THE RED CANVAS, and REX STEELE: NAZI SMASHER.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And How could we exclude LET THE RIGHT ONE IN?

This, along with what Erik mentioned are very worthy scores.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    And How could we exclude LET THE RIGHT ONE IN?

I never connected with it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    shocked
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I know... I'm probably the only one.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I have Let the Right One In.

Is there more than just the Brawlers track on Red Canvas btw? (I should read Thomas' review again shame, but we don't always have the same opinion... )
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote

Is there more than just the Brawlers track on Red Canvas btw? (I should read Thomas' review again shame, but we don't always have the same opinion... )

slant

for me, it's a must buy
    but yeah, we're different wink
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    I know... I'm probably the only one.

-Erik-

it's good in the film, but like you it's not the same on CD
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote

slant

for me, it's a must buy
    but yeah, we're different wink

For me too. Maybe watching the film helps as well, this is beautiful and it's Johan's best work possibly to date.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    Regarding LtROI, I think the bulk of the score with its dark quiet atmospherics and occasional outbursts of brutality, is an acquired taste, which I have but can certainly understand why some of you wouldn't. However, the two main themes are just perfect and brilliant and soul-stirring at the level of Delerue or Rombi. And that is not a comparison I would ever make lightly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010
    I bought Red Canvas, Cinema Symphony and Alexandra.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Regarding LtROI, I think the bulk of the score with its dark quiet atmospherics and occasional outbursts of brutality, is an acquired taste, which I have but can certainly understand why some of you wouldn't. However, the two main themes are just perfect and brilliant and soul-stirring at the level of Delerue or Rombi. And that is not a comparison I would ever make lightly.

Indeed, people mistaking it for atmospheric music only, should really listen to those 2 wonderful themes; it's not everyday you get music like that in this genre smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

Great, GREAT choices. Three extraordinary albums!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010 edited
    I would also suggest The Home of Dark Butterflies. That's another gem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    keky wrote

Yup. I had that one already, together with Let the Right One In. I prefer Dark Butterflies, because it's constantly a very good listen.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010
    Bregt wrote
    keky wrote

I prefer Dark Butterflies, because it's constantly a very good listen.

And a constantly repeating theme wink

But yeah, it's a good score! I'll probably get a couple of MSM cds with this deal too. Just too much stuff going on to get back on the music listening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    Bregt wrote
    keky wrote

I prefer Dark Butterflies, because it's constantly a very good listen.

And a constantly repeating theme wink

But yeah, it's a good score! I'll probably get a couple of MSM cds with this deal too. Just too much stuff going on to get back on the music listening.

Like school and camera stuff
    listen to more classical music!
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

Great, GREAT choices. Three extraordinary albums!

-Erik-

I can only speak for the first two, but I love them both. They're scores that reward repeated listens.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010
    sdtom wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

Like school and camera stuff

Indeed.

This is a great deal but I decided that I won't be buying any cds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010
    If I hadn't spent my month's CD budget the very evening before this sale came out, I would have bought like 10. Alas. If only it would last until the end of the month!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010
    The Cinema is a great release
    listen to more classical music!
  6. I see that titles from MovieScore Media have begin to appear on eMusic.

Mikael, is this going to be a long-lasting arrangement for all your titles old and new?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    What's eMusic? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    What's eMusic? confused

It's a subscription-based site (www.emusic.com) offering a wide range of albums/tracks for download. I've been a member for some time now, using the site to download mainly download-only tracks. I think I pay £15 a month for 50 downloads. Not that economical when you buy complete albums (15-20 tracks usually) but good for getting 1-2 tracks per album.

The only gripe I have with the site is that mp3s can be of low quality (sub 200kbps) and sometimes their file naming format means that the file name can be so long that when I come to play the downloaded file the filename/directory structure is too long (apparently if the hard disc address is too long then the file is not recoginsed as an mp3: in fact, I can't then do anything with the file. I can't rename it, I can't move it nor can I delete it. I had to find an application that somehow circumvents all this and will allow me to rename track files.

(An example is the recent Chandos Movies release of Herrmann's Citizen Kane/Hangover Square.. Some of the track titles were so long that when they were used as the downloaded file's name it was waaaay too long.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2011
    I was recently surprised to receive Les Deux Mondes in jewel-case and not digipak. Does this mean that you are abandoning the digipaks completely? I know most people prefer the former but the latter saves so much space and weight. That being said, it's to MSM's credit that they're giving to the wishes of the fans.

I do want to get Nuno Malo's Amalia in addition to a couple of recent MSM releases. But I've started curtailing my purchases drastically since the middle of last year. I'd rather wait for a few weeks and pick up a score like Desplat's Ghost Writer from Amazon for $10 than pay $18 for an MSM release. Most new, regular mainstream releases can be bought from amazon for $14 (w/ free shipping)
    The few occasions that I ended up buying from SAE or MovieMusic, I had MSM cds in my cart but ordered limited edition Intrada and LaLaLand cds at about $20 each.

Is there anyone else who feels that for the kind of movies and composers that the MSM catalog is focused on, their prices are higher than others, making us get other cds when the budget is limited?