• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008 edited
    Composer References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramin_Djawadi

http://www.soundtrack.net/composers/database/?id=1065

----------

Check out a new interview with composer RAMIN DJAWADI, focusing on his upcoming score for "Fly me to the moon".

Read the complete article at:
    http://www.inter-activities.com/filmsfmttmdjawadi.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008
    BTW, those of you who speak or want to learn german might take a look at the latest issue of CINEMA MUSICA featuring an interview with Ramin by me where he talks about Iron Man
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wasn't this guy interviewed by FSM Online a couple of years ago? Or am I confusing him with someone else with a similar-sounding name?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I hope there will be a score release for Iron Man, not something like Blade - Trinity...

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/mv/rcprod.php?numid=6

Ramin is a talented composer. His score for Open Season was great (with some interesting Scottish cues beer biggrin ), but as usual unreleased (Fly Me To The Moon sad )...

Blade - Trinity contains an amazing Abigail's Theme...

The reason he has a name of his own is of course Prison Break, but the Iron Man to come is his first big test (as The Island was few years ago for his mate Jablonsky)...

I can't wait to discover it !
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't think I've heard anything by Ramin except the odd bit on Prison Break?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Prison Break is awful but Blade Trinity has some very good points innit indeed, not on the songs and little score album though but in the movie.

As for "where you've heard Ramin" Timmer mate, the answer is : in every Zimmer score.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    As for "where you've heard Ramin" Timmer mate, the answer is : in every Zimmer score.

No really, except Thunderbirds...

If you want to hear Djawadi, listen to Badelt (2001-2003) ! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Dom wrote
    BTW, those of you who speak or want to learn german might take a look at the latest issue of CINEMA MUSICA featuring an interview with Ramin by me where he talks about Iron Man

The CINEMA MUSICA site mentions that issues are available at selected stores. Where can I find such a store?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Not really, except Thunderbirds...

beer punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Christodoulides wrote
    Prison Break is awful but Blade Trinity has some very good points innit indeed, not on the songs and little score album though but in the movie.

Don't forget Beat the Drum ( punk ), which is apparently written to 99% by Djawadi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed Thomas. Beat the drum is such a beautiful and touching little score, it was a huge surprise for me when i first came along and it's in my frequent play list for sure! I totally love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008 edited
    Beat the Drum was pretty good, indeed. Ramin is such a sweet guy; I really hope Iron Man will become a big break for him!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I really enjoyed Beat the Drum. I assume that one was 99% Djawadi? If so, perhaps he has something about him he'll be able to lean on when he escapes RC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Beat The Drum was Ramin's first score and is 100% his own. The only reason Badelt's name is on the cover and on the poster is as the producers wanted it to have a big name which Ramin wasn't at that time. If you want to know the whole story get the magazine biggrin

Thomas wrote
    The CINEMA MUSICA site mentions that issues are available at selected stores. Where can I find such a store?

Stores at german airports, railway stations and specialized stores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really? That's insane!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Dom wrote

Couldn't you give us an English translation of the interview instead? I really want to read it.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Christodoulides wrote
    Really? That's insane!

Yep! I mean the same happend on Invincible which was 100% Badelt but Zimmer's name was on the posters and CD covers because the producers wanted a big name.

Matt C wrote

Couldn't you give us an English translation of the interview instead? I really want to read it.

Maybe in 2-3 months when the next issue will be released. Sorry...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Dom wrote
    Beat The Drum was Ramin's first score and is 100% his own. The only reason Badelt's name is on the cover and on the poster is as the producers wanted it to have a big name which Ramin wasn't at that time. If you want to know the whole story get the magazine biggrin

Honestly... there is something so ironic about using Klaus Badelt's name to try to lend something some class, it's about the funniest thing I've heard all year.
  3. Dom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Really? That's insane!

Yep! I mean the same happend on Invincible which was 100% Badelt but Zimmer's name was on the posters and CD covers because the producers wanted a big name.

Matt C wrote

Maybe in 2-3 months when the next issue will be released. Sorry...

Zimmer and Badelt just produced the scores. I think the same issue was with The Pledge, unless Zimmer wrote a theme there. Any insider info?

And there were scores co-credited to Zimmer until they were released. Case in point Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (yes, it was announced as a collaboration, wasn't it Mikael?) and K-19: The Widowmaker, though wasn't Zimmer supposed to score it on his own for a while?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    POTC was certainly announced as a "Zimmer and Badelt" score and it was only when the film came out that it appeared not to be. Until Dan G later said Zimmer had actually written it after all. (Another irony - a score written by Zimmer without any compositional credit for him!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No really, except Thunderbirds...

No thanks!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Dom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Really? That's insane!

It's not the first time... There's so many examples :

The Whole Wide World (HGW 100% but co-credited Zimmer), Smilla's Sense Of Snow (written by HGW with some additional music by HZ & NGS, but "Hans Zimmer" as co-composer in the credits)...

Or HGW who co-wrote Muppet Treasure Island but was only credited Additional Music... biggrin

And the odd stories about the early MV scores, nobody knows really who composed what (Zimmer with Mancina ? NGS ? Van Tongeren) => Millennium, True Romance, Days Of Thunder, K2, Cool Runnings, Where Sleeping Dogs Lie, Point Of No Return... biggrin

About Djawadi, there's this story about The Protector (score by The RZA slant , they worked together on Blade Trinity), with some additional music by Ramin, but uncredited (only a Special Thanks at the end of the End Credits)...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

And the odd stories about the early MV scores, nobody knows really who composed what (Zimmer with Mancina ? NGS ? Van Tongeren) => Millennium, True Romance, Days Of Thunder, K2, Cool Runnings, Where Sleeping Dogs Lie, Point Of No Return... biggrin

Hmm... odd stories? Clarify, please.

Millenium - Mark Mancina did much of the work while Hans provided the thematic structures and direction.
    True Romance - Hans Zimmer with additional music by Nick Glennie Smith and JVT
    Days of Thunder - additional music by Mark Mancina, especially that final race cue.
    K2 - additional music by Nick Glennie Smith
    Cool Runnings - additional music by Nick Glennie Smith
    Where Sleeping Dogs Lie - Most of the music by Mark Mancina with additionals by JVT and Hans Zimmer
    Point of No Return - additional music by Nick Glennie Smith
    Thelma & Louise - additional music by JVT
  5. lp wrote

shocked

What ?

NGS co-wrote it, you can listen to half the score in one of his Kraft promos... biggrin

It's like Lauras Stern (NGS with additional by HZ & Lohner) and especially Der Kleine Eisbär 2 (NGS with a very few additional cues by HZ), both credited and known as ZIMMER (did I say The Rock ??? dizzy )... biggrin biggrin biggrin

And about all the credits you give, of course I know them all (and Mancina worked on True Romance too biggrin )... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    What's the story with Zimmer and NGS ?
    Seems to me that Zimmer is stopping him from getting big assignments...based on the impression I got from the South Park MV member pictures by Hybrid Soldier...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    lp wrote

shocked

What ?

NGS co-wrote it, you can listen to half the score in one of his Kraft promos... biggrin

It's like Lauras Stern (NGS with additional by HZ & Lohner) and especially Der Kleine Eisbär 2 (NGS with a very few additional cues by HZ), both credited and known as ZIMMER (did I say The Rock ??? dizzy )... biggrin biggrin biggrin

And about all the credits you give, of course I know them all (and Mancina worked on True Romance too biggrin )... biggrin

Ah yes, forgot about True Romance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    elenewton wrote
    What's the story with Zimmer and NGS ?
    Seems to me that Zimmer is stopping him from getting big assignments...based on the impression I got from the South Park MV member pictures by Hybrid Soldier...

Nick stopped himself from getting big assignments. Have you listened to his work? I like him, honestly, but he hasn't been able to shake that 90s sound from his work and "innovate".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think he stopped himself. I met him in person and talked with him when we had dinner and sat next to each other at the Soncinemad 1 private dinner, 2 years ago in Madrid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    And.....
  6. Yeah... and ? biggrin