• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    It seems appropriate for the time and place... but it's so dull!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Lars wrote
    soundclips

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B … sikinfo-21

i think i'm the only one, who like this kind of music style. after watching the trailers, i have expected that kind of music (like modern warfare 1 and 2).

I needed only to hear seconds of it to realize .... I already hate it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Lars wrote
    soundclips

i think i'm the only one, who like this kind of music style. after watching the trailers, i have expected that kind of music (like modern warfare 1 and 2).

I needed only to hear seconds of it to realize .... I already hate it

biggrin and i needed only to read the name of the composer to realize that 99% of the soundtrack fans community will hate this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Yes.

Giacchino.

Lennertz.

Djawadi...

biggrin

I still remember our faces (and expressions) when Lennertz told us in Úbeda that he wasn't scoring this new Medal of Honor.

Lennertz, Djawadi, no much difference to me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

uhm
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lars wrote
    soundclips

It's good for when you're playing but it's essentially passable, instantly forgettable 2nd rate cheap rc music, like call of duty modern warfare 2. Some of those guys' libraries today, sound even worse than what the olde Hgw / Rabin and co scores (like 'Enemy of the state') were sounding back then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

uhm

Well, sorry but if it was Giacchino we were talking about instead, then hell yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

uhm

Well, sorry but if it was Giacchino we were talking about instead, then hell yeah.
    +

Oh and i should clarify that i am not comparing them as composers, but mostly as 'none of them makes me go wow' Giacchino does, in this case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

uhm

+

Oh and i should clarify that i am not comparing them as composers, but mostly as 'none of them makes me go wow' Giacchino does, in this case.

Really? THIS doesn't make you go WOW!

Lennertz is just as talented as Giacchino.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Meh, that's good, but I wouldn't put in on the same level as this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010 edited
    I would... both are great!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not on the same level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You're hilarious!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sorry Erik, but I'm with D on this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I don't know how much of Lennertz you guys have heard but he was written some incredible scores. Sure, he isn't as high profiled as Giacchino but his TV, film and video game work is just as good as Giacchino's. He is an absolutely incredible talent who needs to catch a break.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Neither of them do anything for me. I'd rather take Djawadi (yes, I'm being serious). I don't really understand why or how he has become the No. 1 hate object around here. He's got some really funky stuff (and some not so hot, of course), some classy RC-style scores. I loved IRON MAN, for example.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    Iron Man was pants! Even by heavy metal rock standards it was pants!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Iron Man was pants! Even by heavy metal rock standards it was pants!

-Erik-

How was Iron Man 2? I heard both complete scores and they're extremely comparable in non "pants" status. IM1 more so, IMO.
  2. I think I might prefer Djawadi to Debney myself here. I mean, yes, Debney had somewhat better orchestrations and action, but Djawadi had a theme, weak, but still (and yes, the theme was at least partly ghost-written by Zimmer)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Neither of them do anything for me. I'd rather take Djawadi (yes, I'm being serious). I don't really understand why or how he has become the No. 1 hate object around here. He's got some really funky stuff (and some not so hot, of course), some classy RC-style scores. I loved IRON MAN, for example.

I wasn't mad for Iron Man but it wasn't/isn't as bad as people make out.

I haven't heard much Lennertz so can't really comment, Giacchino shows great promise but still hasn't had that break through/stand out score IMO, I like most of what I've heard but I've not been blown away, it takes more than just a huge orchestra to do that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Just listened to those clips, and another uninspired MV/RC "modern combat" score. Put it along with modern warfare 2 and black hawk down and they're all essentially the same. Using the same loops, percussion, ethnic instrumentation, etc. It's really starting to get old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    ...and I thought I was crazy...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. Djawadi's score isn't good, indeed, based on the clips...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    You're hilarious!

-Erik-

What a mature, objective argument.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    IMO the samples are quite disappointing... and I'm not even a Djawadi hater. Not even a big RC anthem that could be a great guilty pleasure? sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

uhm

+

Really? THIS doesn't make you go WOW!

Lennertz is just as talented as Giacchino.

-Erik-

Lovely.....until a flaming choir popped up sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    EnemyToo wrote
    Just listened to those clips, and another uninspired MV/RC "modern combat" score. Put it along with modern warfare 2 and black hawk down and they're all essentially the same. Using the same loops, percussion, ethnic instrumentation, etc. It's really starting to get old.

Indeed. I only made it half way through the clips before I found it too tedious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    You're hilarious!

-Erik-

What a mature, objective argument.

Well, I actually chuckled at what you wrote because it's absurd.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Lovely.....until a flaming choir popped up sleep

I love the added chorus!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I thought it was a lovely piece but didn't need the choir at all, an unecessary sweetener IMO.