• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    Odd. It never felt out of place to me. Felt like a natural progression.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    You're hilarious!

-Erik-

What a mature, objective argument.

Well, I actually chuckled at what you wrote because it's absurd.

-Erik-

It's absurb that someone wouldn't consider Giacchino and Lennertz as being on the same level?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    Actually, it's the whole notion that there's not much difference between Lennertz and Djawadi which started this whole thing.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    ELECTRONIC ARTS RECRUITS AWARD WINNING COMPOSER RAMIN DJAWADI TO SCORE MEDAL OF HONOR

Composer Behind Iron Man, Flash Forward and Clash of the Titans
    Creates Modern Tier-1 Auditory Experience for Franchise Reboot

Soundtrack available Tuesday September 28th, 2010

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 22, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) has recruited award-winning composer Ramin Djawadi to create a deep and meaningful audio experience for the modern combat first-person shooter, Medal of Honor™. Known for his recent work on the Iron Man movie, the “Prison Break” television series and the remake of Clash of the Titans, Ramin Djawadi is developing a score to match the intense soldier’s story and Tier 1 experience told throughout Medal of Honor, which takes place in the current war in Afghanistan. Medal of Honor score album will be available on iTunes Tuesday, September 28, 2010.

"The new version of a landmark game always requires a next-level soundtrack," said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing. "But this 'reinvention' of Medal Of Honor demanded a composer who could create an epic score that brings the game into a whole new era. The intuition and skill that makes Ramin Djawadi one of Hollywood's top young talents in film scoring is exemplified in MoH. This is an incredibly intense score, and we're tremendously proud to have him in the EA family."

For the first time in its 11-year history, Medal of Honor leaves the World War II theatre and enters the modern day setting of war-torn Afghanistan told through the lens of a small band of fictional characters. Medal of Honor introduces players to the Tier 1 Operator, an elite warrior and relatively unknown instrument of the U.S. Military that operates under the National Command Authority, taking on missions no one else can handle. Composer Ramin Djawadi explains “The fact that it is modern day with various locations asked for a completely different approach both stylistically and thematically. The score is very wide spread from emotional orchestral to edgy modern action. Western and ethnic instruments are used to represent the different cultures.”

“Designing a score that defines both the scalpel-like quiet professionals that are the Tier 1 Operators and the bold execution of the sledge hammer big military, has been truly unlike any project I’ve had the opportunity to work on,” said Djawadi. “Between the fast paced action and the precise battle sequences, players will be kept on the edge of their seats the entire game.”

“Ramin Djawadi has brought an incredible amount of creativity and emotion to his score for Medal of Honor,” said Paul Lackey, audio director for Medal of Honor. “His take on traditional middle eastern music with the incorporation of modern twists including sequences of heavy electric guitar and bass have helped create a unique and engaging composition that will help set the tone for the reboot of Medal of Honor.”

Medal of Honor launches on October 12, 2010 in North America and October 15 in Europe for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC. Follow the game on twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/medalofhonor or become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/medalofhonor.

author: Ray Costa
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010 edited
    suicide
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I put them in italic for emphasis. So i feel you wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I. HATE. YOU.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    most exciting news ever.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010
    You can listen to an interview with Ramin Djawadi on www.filmmusicsite.com. He talks about his music for the new Medal of Honor game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010 edited
    Review of MEDAL OF HONOR here

http://www.demetrischristodoulides.com/ … onor-2010/
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Review of MEDAL OF HONOR here

http://www.demetrischristodoulides.com/ … onor-2010/

wow, didn't expect that wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010
    very good review. i like this kind of music a lot and i think it will fit perfect in the context of the game. i also think, that this score is better than modern warfare 2. i really like MW 2, but i think MoH has more "character" than MW 2. the middle eastern part, the main theme throughout the score, the vocals and a real orchestra make this score superior to MW 2. and the tracks you have mentioned are also my favourites from the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010
    It's ages better than MW2. Same style but done much better. The vocals, the string orchestra and all the celi / violin heavy pieces make it standout. The main theme is memorable too and bold.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010
    MW2? WTF!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Modern Warfare 2, aka Hans Zimmer's debuting epic fail as a game composer.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010
    Yeap, very well said so wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010 edited
    I'd love to see an end to ACRONYMS.
  4. I think you mean iltsaeta.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    iyss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010
    Le Voyage Extraordinaire De Samy (Bof)

cd cover

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … AA300_.jpg

CD (9 août 2010)
    Nombre de disques: 1
    Format : Bande originale
    Label: Az

sound clips
    http://www.amazon.fr/Voyage-Extraordina … mp;s=music
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hate the cover, I would probably hate everything else about it too. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Hate the cover, I would probably hate everything else about it too. biggrin

What, you don't like cute turtles?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hear they're tasty. lick
  5. The score isn't a masterpiece, but not *that* bad as well. It's quite good.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The score isn't a masterpiece, but not *that* bad as well. It's quite good.

The turtle score or Medal of Honor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I hear they're tasty. lick

smile

They're not bad, actually. I had fullgrown turtle in the Amazon 4 years ago, and we were eating it right out the shell! The taste wasn't bad, but the smell was disgusting.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You.suck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    You.suck.

Yeah, probably, but we didn't have much choice, really. It was the only dinner that day, and a regular feast meal for the Indians we visited. "Jungle pig" (or whatever it's called in English) was another dish on the table. I can't remember, but I think croc was there too. shocked
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    You.suck.

Yeah, probably, but we didn't have much choice, really. It was the only dinner that day, and a regular feast meal for the Indians we visited. "Jungle pig" (or whatever it's called in English) was another dish on the table. I can't remember, but I think croc was there too. shocked

Crocodile is more common now, if I wanted I can buy it from a butchers near me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    You.suck.

"jungle pig"? That was Chief Tukiki, leader of their sworn enemies the Jaguar people, did he taste nice?