• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    You.suck.

Yeah, probably, but we didn't have much choice, really. It was the only dinner that day, and a regular feast meal for the Indians we visited. "Jungle pig" (or whatever it's called in English) was another dish on the table. I can't remember, but I think croc was there too. shocked

"jungle pig"? That was Chief Tukiki, leader of their sworn enemies the Jaguar people, did he taste nice?

LOL! A bit harsh, but yeah. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The score isn't a masterpiece, but not *that* bad as well. It's quite good.

The turtle score or Medal of Honor?

Both. I was specifically talking about the turtle score. Nothing groundbreaking, but cute and nice. Cute without mickey-mousing.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2010
    I would totally download it if it was iTunes, I quite like Djawadi in "cute" mode.

But I'm not going to pay $40 to import a 12-minute score.

Which means I'll probably end up downloading it through...less expensive means.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pawel, i thought you liked Medal of Honor? I did like the score a lot btw.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I like it quite a lot, but wouldn't give it 5 stars. It's a 4 in a good mood. There are some annoying bits (Enemy Down)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh it's 3 for me. But i like it smile
  3. Ramin Djawadi will compose the score for HBO´s Game of Thrones. He takes over from Stephen Warbeck.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    yay!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yayy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ugh!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Well, we've had Tyler Bates on "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

Djawadi on "Clash of the Titans".

I guess all that's left is a remake of "Dances With Wolves", with a score by Lorne Balfe.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait for it........wait for it.......
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...I'm waiting angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    :pfffffffffffft!: Demetris.... GROSS!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hahahahahhahh lol
  5. Come on, you know all you guys want to hear a remake of "Jaws" scored by Djawadi.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. No, Jaws will be scored by Jablonsky tongue . Michael Bay must be already thinking of producing one...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011 edited
    I´ll probably get stoned for this (I see people gathering and picking up pebbles already for bringing this topic back to the top), but isn´t the Game of Thrones title music one addictive little bastard? Can´t stop humming it.

And obviously, other people can´t, too.

Yeah, it´s an "easy" theme. But hell, is it hummable.

Score´s coming out mid of July or something. SO ordered.

As for the show, in case you´re wondering, yeah, it rocks. Massively.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011
    Music aside, I'm far more impressed with the killer graphics for the opening titles. Very creative!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah

Good theme too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Indeed. And the opening changes and gets longer with every new location we get to see in the show. I´m not happy about how the music gets adjusted to that, but beside that, this is probably one of the best title sequences ever done.

There is a fantastic report about the making of it here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I´ll probably get stoned for this (I see people gathering and picking up pebbles already for bringing this topic back to the top), but isn´t the Game of Thrones title music one addictive little bastard? Can´t stop humming it.

And obviously, other people can´t, too.

Yeah, it´s an "easy" theme. But hell, is it hummable.

Score´s coming out mid of July or something. SO ordered.

As for the show, in case you´re wondering, yeah, it rocks. Massively.

Totally agree. The show is superb in every aspect: performances, MUSIC, direction, editing and photography.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  7. And not to forget: STORY and CHARACTERS. Hell, I already thought the books were great, but they´ve really done it and nailed the casting and writing in a way that´s just marvelous and makes for a perfect adaptation. Budget could be higher, but that´s the price if you go to TV instead to the movies. But I prefer it this way. The books would be undoable as movies. There´s just too much characters and plot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Indeed, charcaters are great. I specially like the imp (both character and actor).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. The music is very good, too, as you´ve already noted. At first I didn´t notice anything spectacular, but on repeated viewings it´s obvious that the subtle approach is pitch-perfectly chosen for this series. That said, I really hope it gets a bit more to the foreground during the last episodes. There´ll be reason enough to do it. ^^
    • CommentAuthorLars
    I am to be heard gladly that the music probably succeeded nevertheless quite. i like ramin as a composer and i thought it could be interesting to hear music by him for this kind of topic. i have seen only the first episode and to be honest the music was a little bit unspectacular. i'm glad to hear that the tone of the music has changed during the episodes. now i'm really looking forward to the score release next month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Well, it hasn´t changed in that sense. But you get a much better picture of what Ramin (or the producers) wanted to achieve with the music, and (t)he(y) certainly succeeded. It´s probably the reason why Warbeck had to go. I guess his music was a bit too much fighting for the viewers attention, which would be desastrous for this series. There´s so much happening on screen, with lots of plots and details going by that one wrong moment of distracting music would be enough to miss something important. So, as much as I would have liked the thematic material to be more obvious, this approach serves the series well.

I´m sure the lovers of lush & pompous theme-driven orchestral scores will crucify me soon, but as much as I like my Rosza scores, Game of Thrones is not your typical epic fantasy, but a plot-driven drama series. Ramin got that right. So, if you expect either another Clash score, or something along what the many Jameses, Jerrys, and Johnses did, look somewhere else.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    "changed" was the wrong word. i'm really glad, that ramin got the musical tone for this show right. and that is the most important thing and not to satisfy the wishes of some soundtrack lovers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've not read the books but I'd like to see this series.