• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    The easily comprehended shouldn't be further explained wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008
    Ugh, if this the final music in the movie then I am definitely NOT looking forward to the score.

http://www.scifi.com/ironman/index.php?Video=Exclusive

Wailing rock guitars??? WTF??? Sounds bad...................

Also an interview with Djawadi about the score, and he praises the way he works with a team on the score at RC.

http://www.comicus.it/view.php?section= … amp;id=165
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What did you expect?
  1. Well, I for one expected crap, so...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    What did you expect?

Personally? Something along the lines of a modern day W.A. Mozart!

Ah well, better luck next time Ramin rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Well, I didn't expect anything so the music (that's barely legible through the heavily compressed video) sounded fine to my ear. But then I don't hate anything non-orchestral so watevah! From the interview link, it sounded like Ramin has fulfilled the director's vision of a heavy guitar score. Good clip.
  2. EnemyToo wrote
    Also an interview with Djawadi about the score, and he praises the way he works with a team on the score at RC.

LOL and so what ?

He just hadn't time...

RC or not, he had no choice...

It was the same with several Marvel movies (Spider-Man 2 & 3, Hulk, X-Men...) !

And about a guitar score... Remember the director is... Jon Favreau... biggrin

Anyway I'm waiting for the film & score, cause I love the Marvel films (even Daredevil Director's Cut & Ghost Rider have their good moments)... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Looks like this movie could be come the most stupid of this year!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Looks like this movie could be come the most stupid of this year!

Because... you were expecting North by Northwest?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No, defenitely not. I'm not a movie snob, but this just looked silly.
    I mean, if that scene is to convince us, then sorry, but that was just weird. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLe Docteur
    Actually, everything from this movie looks way better than any Marvel project since Spiderman 2...

Now, as far as the score is concerned, well... I still think Debney would have been a better choice, but i'm all for the heavy metal score, if that's what Favreau wanted. And it would fit nicely with the Black Sabbath title song.

Wait & See, as usual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'm not going to hold my breath.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Spiderman movies were crap anyway, it's nothing to compare wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Spiderman movies were crap anyway, it's nothing to compare wink

The Spidey movies are great fun! Shame about the majority of the scoring and Christopher Young would have been better off not relying on Elfman's mostly poor material.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only 'fun' element in those movies mate, were their scores wink And that EXCLUDING the contributions by Deborah Lurie
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Only 'fun' element in those movies mate, were their scores wink And that EXCLUDING the contributions by Deborah Lurie

'fraid this could just turn into a silly argument tongue

Elfman's scores were the "only fun element"? Am I honestly hearing Demetris saying this about Elfman?? shocked

I see on another thread that you enjoyed some of Tony Scott's DOMINO dizzy moon

I'll put it down to being touched by too much Greek sunshine kiss biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008 edited
    How many times must i say that THERE ARE SCORES BY ELFMAN I REALLY LIKE and that i always keep my ears open ? wink kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    How many times must i say that THERE ARE SCORES BY ELFMAN I REALLY LIKE and that i always keep my ears open ? wink kiss

biggrin

I know....I was just raggin ya wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008
    Nothing wrong with Elfman's Spiderman scores! Some of his finest work.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Ugh...another disappointing clip from Iron Man (not the movie but the music, Robert Downey Jr. looks awesome).

I was maybe expecting something like a theme, or any orchestral music, but it's all mostly rock guitars and drums. Sad as this seemed like a perfect opportunity for a good score and a strong, memorable theme.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

It's under "Exclusive Clip: Run Before You Can Walk."
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Easy guys the score has a theme as well as orchestral parts but the intention of Djawadi and the IRON MAN crew was to create a score that's a very different from the usual comic scores that were marked by Elfman over the years and most if the people associate with that kind of movies. Rock guitars were also elements the crew demanded from Djawadi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    EnemyToo wrote
    Ugh...another disappointing clip from Iron Man (not the movie but the music, Robert Downey Jr. looks awesome).

I was maybe expecting something like a theme, or any orchestral music, but it's all mostly rock guitars and drums. Sad as this seemed like a perfect opportunity for a good score and a strong, memorable theme.

I think I heard a semblance of a melody or something underneath ALL OF THE SFX AND DIALOGUE. Seriously, people, wait until you hear all of the music in the movie, or at least a clear musical cue before opening your mouth. And it's a disappointing clip? FYI, that clip wasn't there to showcase the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2008
    EnemyToo wrote

Thank the allmighty supervising Zimmer that I didn't hear Batman Begins again, as I did in Transformers...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote

vomit

rolleyes sleep sleep
  3. The most generic John Debney noise would be better than this piece of crap. goat
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    The most generic John Debney noise would be better than this piece of crap. goat

Any piece of crap would be better than one of your posts. rolleyes
  4. Better version:

Wow this clip is amazing. shocked
    This could be the long overdue breakthrough for soundtrack superstar Ramin Djawadi!!! punk punk punk