• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote
    There is indeed an uncovered manhole, but it's balanced out by plenty of assholes (whom usually receive their cumuppance). The music is indeed also, just to stay on topic, quite shit.

beer
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    Characters you only just learn to love suddenly die, and Demetris doesn't like it because it isn't Lost. That's Game Of Thrones in a nutshell, in case you were wondering. (Oh, and the best character is also the shortest character.)

And the second shortest character is the second best character too. Valar Morghulis!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Steven wrote
    (Oh, and the best character is also the shortest character.)

yeah, so very very much.
  3. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Steven wrote

yeah, so very very much.

As in real live! I'm (just) 1:73m. Fuck all those bean-poles! cheesy wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Steven wrote

yeah, so very very much.

One of the best female characters is taller than the majority of the cast.

The music is not shit. FACT!

The music is also not brilliant. FACT!

it's s'okay. fact!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, to be fair, it's not shit. And there are a few very good moments. But it's painfully average most of the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I wouldn't say "average" - more "anonymous."
  4. Timmer wrote

it's s'okay. fact!

Can't beat plain ol' sense. beer
  5. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Timmer wrote

it's s'okay. fact!

Can't beat plain ol' sense. beer

From 1 to 10 it would be a 6.5 .
    V.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In terms of the show I'd put it at a 2.5 or 3. I've never listened to it away from the show, and I know sometimes things do sometimes suddenly come to life when you can hear it properly.
  6. Do I have to have the "Game of Thrones is not crap, and neither is it's music" conversation here too?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That depends on how much you want to live Jon?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Do I have to have the "Game of Thrones is not crap, and neither is it's music" conversation here too?

I think it's essential! We made a lot of progress at the other place, after all.
  7. Well, considering I genuinely think it's one of the best shows in TV history - yes, really, not hyperbole - I don't know how objective I could be.
  8. And now on to something completely different: actual help. tongue

You should at least include one track with the Greyjoy theme, I´d suggest 2.3 "What is dead may never die". I believe you got everything else covered nicely, but I´ll have to listen to that collection to get a hint on whether it´s actually a good representation. I would also consider shuffling tracks around a little bit, for example having the "Game of Thrones" track from season 1 at the CDs end. And while I think the Sigur Ros performance was incredibly nice and funny, I´d consider exchanging it for the version from season 2.

That´s what came out of my head so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014 edited
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Well, considering I genuinely think it's one of the best shows in TV history - yes, really, not hyperbole - I don't know how objective I could be.

I think it's a really good show. The only big flaw is the music in my opinion.

Edit: and even that flaw doesn't spoil the show, I see it is a missed opportunity more than anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I haven't seen any of the episodes. Haven't read the books either.

Count me in as an outlier!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014
    Southall wrote
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Well, considering I genuinely think it's one of the best shows in TV history - yes, really, not hyperbole - I don't know how objective I could be.

I think it's a really good show. The only big flaw is the music in my opinion.

Edit: and even that flaw doesn't spoil the show, I see it is a missed opportunity more than anything.

I consider you speaking for me too. ( or I could have put 'I agree!' or yeah etc )
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    And now on to something completely different: actual help. tongue

shocked

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    You should at least include one track with the Greyjoy theme, I´d suggest 2.3 "What is dead may never die". I believe you got everything else covered nicely, but I´ll have to listen to that collection to get a hint on whether it´s actually a good representation. I would also consider shuffling tracks around a little bit, for example having the "Game of Thrones" track from season 1 at the CDs end. And while I think the Sigur Ros performance was incredibly nice and funny, I´d consider exchanging it for the version from season 2.

That´s what came out of my head so far.

Great stuff, Ralph! I didn't really know enough about the various themes to realize that I had missed an important one, so that's exactly the advice I needed. I think I will include the track you recommended.

I didn't like the Sigur Rós song to begin with, but I really dig it now. Oh, and my brother is a Radiohead fan and this guy sings rather like Thom Yorke, so I think he will appreciate that song. I think it's a nice way to end the album, especially with that weird and atmospheric sound effect that sounds like nasal congestion.

Peter beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014
    Southall wrote
    In terms of the show I'd put it at a 2.5 or 3. I've never listened to it away from the show, and I know sometimes things do sometimes suddenly come to life when you can hear it properly.

My mom is not a film music fan but she raves about the music in the show. I think this is one of those examples of film music where the general public loves it, but most film music fans look down on it because it's simplistic. But I guess that's always the story when it comes to Zimmer and his minions.

Anyway, I agree with Timmer that the music is neither shit or brilliant. There's a lot of boring underscore, and there are moments where the music really shines. The perfect soundtracks to make a compilation out of.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2014
    Non-film music fans like it largely because they like the show, I would imagine. (And although there are some nice tracks, I find all the albums painfully boring.)
  9. Steven wrote
    Non-film music fans like it largely because they like the show, I would imagine

That is the regular reason why I like a score. In this case it was the other way around.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2014
    Music got really matured with this 4th season; loved it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  10. I, naturally, thought it was a step down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014
    Which season you liiked more? first one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Just watch the goddamn show, asshole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (was talking about the score wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014 edited
    I know. You should still watch the show!
  11. Third season's the best. I'd rank them 3, 2, 1, 4 (hey, just like Pirates of the Caribbean), but there's not huge gaps separating them or anything. None of them are amazing, none of them are awful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014 edited
    Indeed but what exactly didn't you like in the 4th season? I, for one, though s1 was the least interesting. And got progressively good for my tastes, as the music got a bit slower, darker and perhaps the writing a bit more mature.