• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    Wow this clip is amazing. shocked
    This could be the long overdue breakthrough for soundtrack superstar Ramin Djawadi!!! punk punk punk

Hell, yeah! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Lets not fight! Thank you.

Sounds generic as hell, but fun. But that expression is so old, that I couldn't care less about this score. Would've been the same if Debney did it.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008 edited
    If Debney had scored this it would have sounded like 20 Williams, Goldsmith, Horner, Elfman and Silvestri scores. Djawadi's sounds like 20 RC/MV scores. That's a difference. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote
    If Debney had scored this it would have sounded like 20 Williams, Goldsmith, Horner, Elfman and Silvestri scores. Djawadi's sounds like 20 RC/MV scores. That's a difference. biggrin

What 20 scores do you mean?
  1. 20 out of the 250 that sound like orchestral pop/rock music with "power anthems" and a lot of synths?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote
    20 out of the 250 that sound like orchestral pop/rock music with "power anthems" and a lot of synths?

No phrases here, tell me the scores you have thaught of. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thomas wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    20 out of the 250 that sound like orchestral pop/rock music with "power anthems" and a lot of synths?

No phrases here, tell me the scores you have thaught of. rolleyes

Yeah, because I've never heard two RC scores that sound "exactly" alike any more than any two Williams scores sound "exactly" alike. They're just different styles, and different tastes. The RC guys actually do less "direct" rips than certain other composers....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Antineutrino wrote
    The most generic John Debney noise would be better than this piece of crap. goat

I wish "Iron Man" would have been scored by Debney, but I don´t think this clip is crap. It won´t be the score of the year, and it won´t be a new world in the film music industry, but I really like what I hear and I´m sure there will be good music in the movie. A rock oriented score? Sure. Not bad IMO, Brian Tyler has done a lot of this kinda scores and I like ´em all. Let´s wait and see / listen.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anti, calm down. Nobody forced you to like it and i didn't go crazy over the clip either but that's not a reason to spoil everyone else's fun by being a d**k.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hear, hear. Now all, Debney didn't score and won't score Iron Man, so lets all be a big boy and let it go. Ramin scores it, and what he does might be fun, or not, but let's stop comparing this to what Debney might possibly may or may not have done, because those 2 are incomparable. They're different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    There's absolute nothing wrong with writing a score that not sounds like Elfman (or Debney with Elfman temp track). But why have all modern film scores to sound either like Elfman oder Remote Control? There are so much more ways to score a movie. The electric guitars were hardly an artistic desicion. It just makes the music more fitting between the songs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not all modern film scores sound like that, that's a stupid generalization wink Apparently SOME of them DO 'cause people like them, they're fun to several people and echo to their tastes, especially younger film music fans. It's not something I'd have chosen to have if i could but since it's there, it doesn't' bother me 'cause there will always be people like Marianelli, Giacchino, Yared, McNeely, Rombi, Silvestri, Desplat, McKenzie and the LOT who'll deliver no matter what the friggin' trends are. Granted that, i just go to sleep with that sweet thought and their music and leave the rockin RC guitars to those who like them. I don't feel like spoiling their parade smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    You want quality? Then don't turn to a movie like Iron Man. slant We all know a film like Iron Man really needs an overblown, popcorney score like the samples we heard, with the added touch of a rockin' guitar sound to it which we haven't heard in scores like Transformers or, well, any other RC-score of late. It sounds like this could be like Ghost Rider, and why didn't anyone complain back then? Exactly: because it's a) not from an RC composer, it was Chris Young, and b) because he wasn't replacing anyone.
  2. Jerry Goldsmith wrote a lot of great scores to films like this.

I don't think Djawadi replaced Debney. The studio just wanted something different for the score and Debney was never officially hired.
  3. Antineutrino wrote
    Jerry Goldsmith wrote a lot of great scores to films like this.

I don't think Djawadi replaced Debney. The studio just wanted something different for the score and Debney was never officially hired.

Yeah, we knew Djawadi was the composer for a long time, it's not like he replaced Debney 2 weeks ago... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Let's see for how long people are going to rant about how Goldsmith did that and Goldsmith did this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote
    Jerry Goldsmith wrote a lot of great scores to films like this.

I'm still waiting for your answers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thomas wrote
    I'm still waiting for your answers.

Yeah, yeah, we get it. You are a patient man. Better?

4. Just listened to the extract and it sounded okay to me. Nothing particularly original but I'm sure that it will fit the vision of the movie well enough.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Let's see for how long people are going to rant about how Goldsmith did that and Goldsmith did this.

Boy I would have loved to hear Jerry Goldsmith on Iron Man or The Incredible Hulk sad

And Basil Poledouris sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    The extract doesn't sound bad, it's generic (more like Batman Begins and POTC 3) with electric guitars but it's not unlistenable. I wish the crew had not imposed the untraditional superhero score upon Djawadi as well as the electric guitars. Some woodwinds and percussion would be nice to hear in the score/movie, though.

And it's nice to see that Djawadi tried to compose all the music in the film, before getting Ryeland Allison to help him out.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  5. "demanded" from him? Donm't composers have personal beliefs and standards anymore? Bernard Herrmann would have told them to go fuck themselves. John Barry would have told them off and walked. Even better, Jerry Goldsmith would have read the script and declined to even see the film.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    ...on the first big film they get to score? Be realistic. Ramin doesn't have a career or name yet, so the director's vision probably was more important then what he wanted to do (but with his fondness for the guitar, I'm sure he agreed with the request). And I'm always up for a less traditional approach. Let's just wait how the full score turns out...
  6. "Iron Man" is about as big as "Blade 3" -- it just got more publicity.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

Probably until someone else comes along who's anywhere near as good! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I tell you what - I wish Debney were scoring this and not Djawadi - but as someone has said elsewhere, it comes to something when you have to cry that John Debney isn't scoring something. The real pity is around the dozens of truly talented and gifted composers out there who will never get a chance at this sort of thing, because they aren't willing to whore themselves out at Zimmerworks.
  7. Over half the scores Zimmer and his cronies have been on/attached to were replacement scores or just replacing a composer. They feed on the dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    justin boggan wrote
    They feed on the dead.

rolleyes vomit
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Oke, just how many variations on "Ramin Djawadi sucks" are you guys going to think of? I know y'all love to bash an unheard, new score, but we get it.
  8. Thre's something called a "track record".