• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    Oke, just how many variations on "Ramin Djawadi sucks" are you guys going to think of? I know y'all love to bash an unheard, new score, but we get it.

Just to make it clear, my vomit was about Justin´s sentcence. Well, in fact it was about ALL of Justin´s sentences about his disturbing issues with Zimmer and Co. I think it´s clear now wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    That clip is exactly what I feared. Oh well, I'm definitely passing on that score. No thematic development, nothing. Just rock guitars, with the music seemingly going in no direction at all. Just noise to me.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Listened to the clip again, and please don't tell me the last (about) 7 seconds of that clip is the "Iron Man theme."

Dun Dun Dun Dun- Dun Dun Dun Dun- DUN DUN!

Wow...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    EnemyToo wrote
    No thematic development, nothing. Just rock guitars, with the music seemingly going in no direction at all. Just noise to me.

Wow, all that and you´ve just heard a two minute clip of an incomplete cue....ok.... rolleyes
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But more importantly... just how in the hell do you pronounce his name!?
  1. Steven wrote
    But more importantly... just how in the hell do you pronounce his name!?

Ramin, like Ramin (I guess it's the spanish "r" or at least the french/german "r" cause he is German biggrin )...

And Djawadi is "Djavadi"... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Boy British people CAN'T pronounce sh*t or what! ??! biggrin wink tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Still can't pronounce your last name! tongue

Christo... doll... eedis... chris...tod...old....dees.....
    nope, I give up. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Ramin is not a german first name and his last name is pronounced "Java-dee".
  2. Dom wrote

Of course it's not german... But as Djawadi is german, maybe during is entire life, they pronounced it with the geRRman accent... biggrin biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008 edited
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    ... maybe during is entire life, they pronounced it with the geRRman accent... biggrin biggrin biggrin

No we didn't wink
  3. Ok ok... biggrin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    IRON MAN CD COVER

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … SS500_.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Dom wrote

Actually it's more like "jah-wah-dee".

Dan
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    shocked shocked shocked Wow, all this hoopla over a clip that didn't even sound like the prototypical MV/RC production that everyone against. Honestly it sounded like something an orchestral composer (i.e. John Debney) would do when being asked to integrate guitars into his score. It has none of the seemingly hated and/or loved aspect of a MV/RC score yet people seems to attack/praise the composer/style for what seems like a generic guitar heavy soundtrack sample clip. slant slant slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Dom wrote

Of course it's not german... But as Djawadi is german, maybe during is entire life, they pronounced it with the geRRman accent... biggrin biggrin biggrin

Isn't Ramin an Iranian?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't hear any differences between this clip and Debney's hugely celebrated SCORPION KING...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    lp wrote
    Isn't Ramin an Iranian?

His father is an iranian who immigrated to Germany but Ramin was born and grew up in Duisburg, Germany which is only 40 km of my city.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't hear any differences between this clip and Debney's hugely celebrated SCORPION KING...

Ah hah!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's that supposed to mean
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

He's got an "aha-erlebnis". Ergo, he's seeing the light.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    BobdH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

He's got an "aha-erlebnis". Ergo, he's seeing the light.

As in "No wonder the score clip sounded so generic, cause it sounded like a John Debney score!"

Honestly, I don't mind John Debney's work, but that IRON MAN clip reminded me the most of John Debney doing a a rock score, more than any other composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's the same with some cues from SCORPION KING mate. Only it's Djawadi; and he gets tossed wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    I don't really know about the rest of you...but a guitar/electronic based score kind of seems to fit this movie more than a traditional score would.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    I think that little Dun-dun-dun-dun, dun-dun-dun-dun, DUN DUN from a couple clips is the big Iron Man theme rolleyes ugh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008 edited
    Ramin Djawadi, the well known Remote Control Studios' composer of music for film and television, will be interviewed by Christine Blanc of inter-activities.com and you can contribute with your own questions that you'd like to have answered by Ramin himself.

Djawadi has been widely credited as a composer for additional music, orchestrator and as an assistant composer to Hans Zimmer on movies such as Batman Begins and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. His work as a music composer for films include Blade: Trinity (with RZA), Ask the Dust, Open Season, and Mr. Brooks. Along with Paul Westerberg, Djawadi won an award for his contribution to the score of Open Season at the 22nd Annual ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. Djawadi has also composed theme music and incidental music for television series. These include Threshold, Blade: The Series, and Prison Break for which he received an Emmy nomination for "Outstanding Main Title Theme Music" in 2006. The theme music of Prison Break was remixed by Ferry Corsten and released as "Prison Break Theme (Ferry Corsten's Breakout Mix)". He has also been chosen to do the music for the Iron Man, to be released May 2, 2008.

On September 3rd 2007, he released an album containing incidental music from the show Prison Break.

Moreover, he's currently under the spotlight for his work on IRON MAN where he replaced JOHN DEBNEY - previously attached to the film. You can view the tracklisting / cd cover and info of the Djawadi score at http://hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=783 as well as listen to a long SOUND CLIP from the upcoming score.

To submit your questions for the interview to Christine Blanc, just visit http://www.inter-activities.com/AYQ%20index.html or http://www.inter-activities.com/contact.html for contact info.

DC
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ramin Djawadi, the well known Remote Control Studios' composer of music for film and television, will be interviewed by Christine Blanc of inter-activities.com and you can contribute with your own questions that you'd like to have answered by Ramin himself.

Djawadi has been widely credited as a composer for additional music, orchestrator and as an assistant composer to Hans Zimmer on movies such as Batman Begins and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. His work as a music composer for films include Blade: Trinity (with RZA), Ask the Dust, Open Season, and Mr. Brooks. Along with Paul Westerberg, Djawadi won an award for his contribution to the score of Open Season at the 22nd Annual ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. Djawadi has also composed theme music and incidental music for television series. These include Threshold, Blade: The Series, and Prison Break for which he received an Emmy nomination for "Outstanding Main Title Theme Music" in 2006. The theme music of Prison Break was remixed by Ferry Corsten and released as "Prison Break Theme (Ferry Corsten's Breakout Mix)". He has also been chosen to do the music for the Iron Man, to be released May 2, 2008.

On September 3rd 2007, he released an album containing incidental music from the show Prison Break.

Moreover, he's currently under the spotlight for his work on IRON MAN where he replaced JOHN DEBNEY - previously attached to the film. You can view the tracklisting / cd cover and info of the Djawadi score at http://hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=783 as well as listen to a long SOUND CLIP from the upcoming score.

To submit your questions for the interview to Christine Blanc, just visit http://www.inter-activities.com/AYQ%20index.html or http://www.inter-activities.com/contact.html for contact info.

DC

Maybe Mikael can answer this, but I don't believe Debney was ever hired. So Ramin never replaced him or anyone else, the job was always his.
  4. Djawadi said in a interview for Cinema Musica (www.cinemamusica.de) that he did not replace Debney.