• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011
    I gave up on the show. Not that I didn't think it was good - I thought it was really well done in most respects, especially the nudity - just not really my cup of tea (except the nudity). I did watch long enough (four episodes) to decide I thought the music didn't seem to have been written for this show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2011
    The music sounds good enough. Standard but enjoyable for a couple of spins. Thanks for the videos.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. You´re welcome. smile

I´ll tell you guys more about the score as soon as it´s available. For now, look here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2011 edited
    Please enjoy.
    I can´t. As usual, iTunes Germany doesn´t have it, for now. They really do not want my money, I guess.
  2. And here's the review of the remake Fright Night of Djawadi
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011
    I thought most of Fright Night was very boring but that end credits piece is indeed worth at least the 99 cents to buy it...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. I'm enjoying the second book, having been launched upon it by a viewing of season 1, and a subsequent reading of the first book. Very enjoyable.

But the music. Yikes. Effective in that way that most scores that survive post-production are. No doubt intended. But Game of Thrones does a lot more for Mr Djawadi than his music does for it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011
    Is he the composer for season 2?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    Exclusive First Listen of Ramin Djawadis latest, SAFE HOUSE, over at CinemaMusica.de:
    http://www.cinemamusica.de/1710/urbaner … safe-house

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    yay
  4. Review of Game of Thrones

- Season 1 of course wink
  5. Thank you very much for this fitting, and - considering it´s Djawadi, even more important - gladfully unbiased and fair review of one of the best television scores currently out there.

Game of Thrones will hopefully help Djawadi to get some more friends out there, even if its FAN-TAS-TIC Main Theme was shamelessly ignored at the Emmys. Well, at least the title sequence won.
  6. hey, it's me, the guy who even writes positive about Tyler Bates if he writes something memorable wink
    but you're welcome smile

For me the music makes so much more sense if you hear it in context. And especially if you hear it in bad ass surround sound. Man, what a difference with a lousy download vomit

I'm curious to see the ratings this one will get, though I can already guess
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012
    very nice review thomas. i like most of ramin's music and his score from Game Of Thrones is perfect for the series. most of the music is atmospheric, but this fits perfect to the character of the show. often you don't really recognize the music, but you always feel the emotion, danger or excitement, which the music creates in the specific scene. that is perfect.

my favoutite theme is the one you can hear the first time in GOODBYE BROTHER. it sounds very beautiful, but it also has such an emotional character. in that scene, this music is perfect. the only problem i have with the music is, that it often sounds synthetic. sometimes it makes the music sounds a little bit cheap. because of that i rated the score with 4 stars.
  7. Lars wrote
    very nice review thomas. i like most of ramin's music and his score from Game Of Thrones is perfect for the series. most of the music is atmospheric, but this fits perfect to the character of the show. often you don't really recognize the music, but you always feel the emotion, danger or excitement, which the music creates in the specific scene. that is perfect.

my favoutite theme is the one you can hear the first time in GOODBYE BROTHER. it sounds very beautiful, but it also has such an emotional character. in that scene, this music is perfect. the only problem i have with the music is, that it often sounds synthetic. sometimes it makes the music sounds a little bit cheap. because of that i rated the score with 4 stars.

thanks Lars for the kind words, aside from the strong king theme, the emotional theme which I call the Winterfell theme is my 2nd favorite as well. You have to hear it in the final episode to finally understand the beauty and the power of it
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012
    I agree, the Game of Thrones review is great. I like the series and watch it every week. My favourite is the main title music. All the music throughout though is great. Even Thomas Bergersen said that Ramin did a good job there, and watches the series. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    I just borrowed Game of Thrones from a friend, it's next up once I finish the 3rd series of Deadwood.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Wouldn't watch it for the music, Tim. The story will have to suffice. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Wouldn't watch it for the music, Tim. The story will have to suffice. wink

biggrin I have to say I liked the theme and titles which I saw posted here on some thread. I've heard good things about the series and have no expectations about the rest of the music, I'll take it as it comes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. utelark wrote
    I agree, the Game of Thrones review is great. I like the series and watch it every week. My favourite is the main title music. All the music throughout though is great. Even Thomas Bergersen said that Ramin did a good job there, and watches the series. smile

thanks Utelark smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    Just watched the 6th Episode and I have to say the music it ended with was great!
  10. I totally fell in love with the music through watching the series, people should see it in context
  11. I hated the music through seeing it in context. I agree. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    I finally have the series ready to watch and will be consuming it as soon as I finish DEADWOOD ( I'm on the 3rd and final season....I'm going to miss this sad )
  12. Just in case you were in doubt about GoT´s thematic material... eat this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2012
    New recording of the game of thrones main theme:

http://tinyurl.com/9nkbfz9
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012
    ramin's score for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter will be released on september the 25th digital only. additional music is by mike shinoda. samples are here:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0098Z7 … amp;sr=1-8
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012 edited
    skull freezing
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Shinoda's work for that RAID movie was horrible. Who did he ever give the Linkin Park guy that score assignment? And most importantly: WHY?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Lars wrote
    ramin's score for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter will be released on september the 25th digital only. additional music is by mike shinoda. samples are here:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0098Z7 … amp;sr=1-8

Sounds like the previous one to me.

Ahhh....I so miss Chris Lennertz on this saga...
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you