• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013
    Those are good tracks but they are diamonds in the rough.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013
    Iron man 1 is a couple of good cues and the rest if amateur's noisy metal (not even good metal), iron man 2 is pure utter junk and iron man 3 is Brian Tyler showing them how it's properly done. Masculine, big, thematic, very fun.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Those are good tracks but they are diamonds in the rough.

-Erik-

If they are basically good, what would you do to improve them? I guess you could always add more instruments or voices, but the question remains whether that would suit the scene or not. I guess there are just two philosophies clashing here. Or is it the themes itself you would like to see improved?

Demetris wrote
    Iron man 1 is a couple of good cues and the rest if amateur's noisy metal (not even good metal), iron man 2 is pure utter junk and iron man 3 is Brian Tyler showing them how it's properly done. Masculine, big, thematic, very fun.

Tyler´s main theme serves some good cues, but the rest doesn´t stick out for me, so it´s not too different from IM1, I think. As I said before, the IM3 theme is better, but would have been a bit much for part 1. IMHO, oc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013
    In the film it works absolute wonders (IM3). The other 2 fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013 edited
    Strange, I like the theme (IM3), but during the movie I found the theme almost repetitive, and I didn´t notice much beyond that, probably because the movie itself captured my full attention. But I´ll definitely have multiple watches when the BluRay is out and then I´ll take a closer look. Listen. Whatever. The action scenes felt effectively scored, but since I feel the same about IM1, I guess this doesn´t get us any further. ^^

I´ll subscribe to the fact that IM1 feels like an easier woven web of "composition", but I still find parts of it very effective. What gives me goosebumps every time are the scenes where Tony builds his suits.

The thing is, I used to be easy to satisfy, but in recent years, it´s getting harder and harder for me to be excited by a new score. Maybe that´s why I dig the minimalism of GoT so much (although the series seems to go the BSG way scorewise - tracks are getting more epic with each season), because it isn´t your standard fantasy score, but fits the grittier, medieval mood of the setting quite well. As much as I LOVED the Avalon and Merlin scores mentioned above (I really do!), I feel that Djawadi´s approach for GoT suits the series much better. But it´s just a feeling; maybe guys like JNH would blow my socks off if they got a chance with the same material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    If they are basically good, what would you do to improve them? I guess you could always add more instruments or voices, but the question remains whether that would suit the scene or not. I guess there are just two philosophies clashing here. Or is it the themes itself you would like to see improved?

You missed the point. The tracks you linked to in a previous post are good. Really good actually but the rest of Djawadi's music is for the series is rather ordinary. Effective to a point but ordinary. But when he wants to truly say something then is music can be extraordinary (ie - The Main Title and any variations of it, The Finale from season 1, The Rains Of Castomere and Three Blasts come to mind) But I find that the music is poorly mixed during the program anyway and cheap synthy sound of the music doesn't help either.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I misunderstood your diamond in the rough comment. Now I get it. Fair enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
    This past spring, Ramin Djawadi recorded his score for Pacific Rim, the giant monster action film from Guillermo del Toro, director of Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy. Performed by a 78-piece ensemble of the Hollywood Studio Symphony at the MGM Scoring Stage at Sony Pictures, ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers exclusive photos from the sessions!

http://scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  3. The new episode of "South Park" just paid homage to Ramin is a most unexpected way, for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but are going to.

The episdoe is up for free at SouthParkStudios.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Here it is -- a number of people have uploaded it to Youtube.

Basically, there's been a running joke through the first two episodes of this three-parter that Butters is tired of seeing floppy dicks from homosexuals guys on the show, and he ultimately sees one of the show's writers about it, George R.R. Martin. Martin ends up doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmO5IxbUpTE
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013
    So the theme basically got the rendition it deserves? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013 edited
    "One of the show's writers" - I love it!
  5. Is there something funy about that? He's got several credits on writing for the show:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0552333/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013
    The last 2 south park episodes were very funny btw!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013
    justin boggan wrote
    Is there something funy about that? He's got several credits on writing for the show:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0552333/

Well, you're not wrong...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014
    Del Toro confirmed sequel to pacific rim. Will Ramin score it? http://www.mtv.com/news/1856247/guiller … im-sequel/
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014
    suicide
  6. Because of the film or the score (or both)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2014
    The film. I like Djawadi's score!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Best thing I've ever heard from him, that's for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, score is very enjoyable smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014
    Science has shown that out of the 7 billion people on this planet, a mere 23 individuals haven't seen Game of thrones yet. My brother happens to be one of those rare individuals. We're giving him the first three seasons on dvd for his 40th b-day, and I'm burning him a CD with the best tracks from the four soundtrack releases. So far, these are the tracks I've selected for this compilation:

1.Main title (seasons 1-4)
    2.Goodbye brother (season 1)
    3.The Kingsroad (season 1)
    4.The king's arrival (season 1)
    5.Things I do for love (season 1)
    6.Game of thrones (season 1)
    7.King of the North (season 1)
    8.Finale (season 1)
    9.The throne is mine (season 2)
    10.Warrior of light (season 2)
    11.Winterfell (season 2)
    12.I am hers, she is mine (season 2)
    13.Mother of dragons (season 2)
    14.The rains of Castamere (season 2)
    15.A lannister always pays his debts (season 3)
    16.Dracarys (season 3)
    17.Chaos is a ladder (season 3)
    18.I have to go north (season 3)
    19.Mhysa (season 3)
    20.Breaker of chains (season 4)
    21.Two swords (season 4)
    22.The children (season 4)
    23.For the realm (season 3)
    24.The rains of Castamere (Sigur Rós) (season 4)
    Time: 60:00:47

So am I missing any goodies? Or could the order of the tracks be better?

Peter smile
  7. I have only seen the first two episodes. Maybe the third tomorrow. Then I will be on vacation (with ipod and internet) for two weeks.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. I haven't seen any of the episodes. Haven't read the books either.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I haven't seen any of the episodes. Haven't read the books either.

Somehow I knew you would be one of the 23, Alan wink
  10. Jon Broxton wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I haven't seen any of the episodes. Haven't read the books either.

Somehow I knew you would be one of the 23, Alan wink

biggrin

I feel as though I know the story though - my daughter is always talking about it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014
    Characters you only just learn to love suddenly die, and Demetris doesn't like it because it isn't Lost. That's Game Of Thrones in a nutshell, in case you were wondering. (Oh, and the best character is also the shortest character.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    They're all going from one place to another, but I don't know why. There are breasts and sometimes even naughtier bits. People do indeed die, though others do not. All set to insipid music. You can't go wrong.
  11. Isn't there a great big manhole (titter!) that doesn't have a cover on it? Health and Safety would have a field day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There is indeed an uncovered manhole, but it's balanced out by plenty of assholes (whom usually receive their cumuppance). The music is indeed also, just to stay on topic, quite shit.