• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2018
    Aidabaida wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Some of those "written by a child" comments seem a little harsh and hyperbolic. The melodies are simplistic, sure, but the production values and layering of the vocals and textures in the first cue is pretty nicely handled. I'd be pretty astonished if I heard some kid write that.

I have a friend who's 13 years old and can write much better music than Ramin Djawadi. I don't think the comments are hyperbolic at all

It's kind of a joke I guess but I don't doubt the above statement is true if certain qualifiers were added. It's really a dig at keyboard music transcribed for orchestra, which is what Djawadi's is. If he just stuck to keyboard music I'm sure he'd be fine. (It's like the inverse of when Maurice Jarre used to do those embarrassing synth scores, I guess.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PS it WAS a joke but please don't make me go on and on about it like the batshit crazy people on the Filmtracks Facebook group
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Too late, I already have a team of lawyers determining which marginalised group of people you are oppressing with this joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have yet to like a single Djawadi score. I've only liked a theme or two.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorjb1234
    I've found some decent cues here and there but I struggle to get through one of his albums. Even one of his more liked, like The Great Wall sinks under sheer repetition and lack of development.
  1. Southall wrote
    PS it WAS a joke but please don't make me go on and on about it like the batshit crazy people on the Filmtracks Facebook group

What the hell happened over there? I gave up Facebook a couple months ago, seems I've missed some fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I didn't even know Filmtracks had a Facebook group.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2018
    Captain Future wrote
    You say this with regard to all of Djawadi's oeuvre?

Maybe not for Pacific Rim.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2018
    I have attended the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience in Amsterdam, for those who are curious:

https://soundtrackworld.com/2018/05/gam … amsterdam/
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2018
    Just saw it in Dublin, loved the show too! Wasn't a fan of the show before I bought the ticket, but forced myself the watch the whole thing prior to the concert... glad I did smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2020
    Wow, I apparently did not review a Ramin score in a while :-)

For who is interested in my thoughts. I have reviewed ELEPHANT.

https://soundtrackworld.com/2020/04/ele … n-djawadi/