• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2013
    Ha ha, that's so awful it's funny. biggrin
    Reminds me of the SyFy B-movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2013
    There IS actually a new SyFy film coming that is in similar territory:

SHARKNADO!

Sadly, the trailer over at SyFy's website seems to be unavailable, probably because I'm outside the US.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013
    My street is closed for the St.Pauls carnival ( the 2nd biggest street carnival in Britain after Notting Hill ), lots of eye-popping sights and mouth watering semi-naked dancing women, I'll try and stick some pics on FB later or at least share some friends pics.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    My street is closed for the St.Pauls carnival ( the 2nd biggest street carnival in Britain after Notting Hill ), lots of eye-popping sights and mouth watering semi-naked dancing women, I'll try and stick some pics on FB later or at least share some friends pics.

It's funny that it is the 2nd biggest street carnival in the UK: I've heard of Notting Hill but have never heard of your Bristol carnival!

Great day for it!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's funny that it is the 2nd biggest street carnival in the UK: I've heard of Notting Hill but have never heard of your Bristol carnival!

Great day for it!

Indeed it is! biggrin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Pauls_Carnival

It's mental outside, a bit like having a corner of Glastonbury Festival on my doorstep and the ground is vibrating with the thump of dub-reggae........I could blast Horner's KRULL out the window but it would be pointless, I doubt anyone here has a system that could come anywhere near to competing with the stack systems out there. dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    At my former address which was approximately a mile and a half from where I am now you could hear the thump and thrum of this festival, now I'm in the thick of it I'm being assaulted by multiple sound-systems from each way of the compass, a schmorgasboard of senses shattering sound. Fun at the moment but I suspect I'll be hitting a pub outside the area later on.
  2. Buying this:

http://static.productreview.com.au/pr.p … c924ee.jpg

I always dreamt of having such a thing when I was a child and was never allowed to. So getting this was necessary to overcome that childhood trauma. The Master Replica looks far better of course, but they demand 20 times the price.

It's fun!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013
    Writing this on my new iPad 4.

Peter spin
  3. Midway through our first week on Skye. Great wildlife tour yesterday. Missed out on any otters but great views of 6 Golden Eagles and 5 White-tailed Eagles throughout the day.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. I just bought a new car. VW Polo, as before. Yay!

Volker
  5. So, over at FSM Yor's threads are locked and another deleted entirely. I clicked on his profile and my day was a little better:

Profile (YOR The Hunter From The Future) deleted because this user is no longer active.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2013
    justin boggan wrote
    So, over at FSM Yor's threads are locked and another deleted entirely. I clicked no his profile my day was a little better:

Profile (YOR The Hunter From The Future) deleted because this user is no longer active.

Thank God! Let's hope Andre stays away for a while now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2013
    Since yesterday morning I am an aunt!!! And he is the most gorgeous baby boy I've ever seen!!!
    fireworks
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Since yesterday morning I am an aunt!!! And he is the most gorgeous baby boy I've ever seen!!!
    fireworks

That's lovely and something to celebrate love beer

p.s. I have never, not in real life or on screen ever seen a new born baby that looks "gorgeous". I guess this must be a female thing? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Perhaps it is, but believe me when I say he truly is gorgeous! And this is an "aunt" thing! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  6. Καλή τύχη!

spin

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Ευχαριστώ!!!

smile
  7. *Anything* would make today a little better [than yesterday], seeing I spend Saturday afternoon/night in bed being ill with migraine.

This morning, still wobbly, I ventured into town and (finally!) picked up the Inception 2-DVD (for £3, bargain). Not sure I feel well enough yet to watch it, haha!!

Also got a new Jack Johnson CD. Pleasantness garantueed. Oh... and the sun is out! What more does one want? smile

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    fireworks

wine champagne Congratulations, beaming auntie! flash
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Synchrotones wrote
    *Anything* would make today a little better [than yesterday], seeing I spend Saturday afternoon/night in bed being ill with migraine.

This morning, still wobbly, I ventured into town and (finally!) picked up the Inception 2-DVD (for £3, bargain). Not sure I feel well enough yet to watch it, haha!!

Also got a new Jack Johnson CD. Pleasantness garantueed. Oh... and the sun is out! What more does one want? smile

<s>

Inception was my first blu-ray, but the mix of the music may make it migraine-inducing rather than alleviating :mrgreen:

Still, I love that movie and score and should see it again soon.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. PawelStroinski wrote
    Inception was my first blu-ray, but the mix of the music may make it migraine-inducing rather than alleviating :mrgreen:

Still, I love that movie and score and should see it again soon.

I have yet to see it. Always wanted to, just didn't get round to do so - until now/very soon.
    The score, funnily enough, I rather easily dismissed at the time. I'm not too keen on Zimmer's ostinatos and horns of doom... but, I ended up listening to it a few days ago and decided that it's a lot better than I remembered. Looking forward to watching the film.

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  10. I was listening to a radio program this morning. On Friday's this program, during the season, likes to call up gas stations in two cities where competing football teams are goign to play, and ask them four questions and which ever ctity has the most, wins. It's named "More-On Trivia" and you'd be shocked just how stupid people across the country are.

Anyway, completely out of the blue, but they got this guy on and asked him how he was doing this morning, and the guy exclaimed loudly:

"It's a beautiful day in Zamunda!!!"

(if you don't get it, you have a viewing assignment coming)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. I opted for the quicker, Google session.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2013
    What's made my day that little bit weirder

Found a dead common swift right outside my apartment door. Being a bird nutter, I found it truly puzzling that a dead swift would be found on the stairs in an apartment complex, with all windows closed and no where for a swift to hide. I decided to put it in a plastic bag, freeze it and take it to the zoological museum. I grabbed it with rubber gloves and felt rather stupid as it turned out the bird was stuffed. Someone had dropped a stuffed swift right outside my door. What are the odds? *sigh* shame

Piccy.

Peter smile
  12. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Awwww man! biggrin

That would have been so good in the old TRUE/FALSE thread along the lines of one I did about myself a few years ago, you know, 5 things about myself but only one is TRUE...which one? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    On my way back from London today, I noticed a police car stopped on the side of the road, and as I drove closer I saw a van had crashed into a sign that read "No excuse for poor driving".
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2013
    Ah, yes, that would have been a good idea, Timmer. I'll just have to wait until the next freaky thing happens to me. wink

Anyway, the bird is gone. I rather fancied having that stuffed bird, but it would have been quite jerky to pinch it.

Steven wrote
    On my way back from London today, I noticed a police car stopped on the side of the road, and as I drove closer I saw a van had crashed into a sign that read "No excuse for poor driving".

Perfect! biggrin Here's what you should do:

Step 1: Take picture Step 2: Upload to Failblog Step 3: ??? Step 4: Profit

Peter smile
  13. I was in line for hours yesterday for something. There were two highlights while there:

1. Two ladies talking. One goes on about how people today are so inconsiderate, then she lite up a cigarette which blew on half the people there.

2. Somebody from the event came out and said it would be "Soon", and this short fat old lady with an acsent (maybe Jewish) who was smilingand talking to people and handing them religious notes, spoke up, "What is 'Soon'? You know, Jesus said he would be back 'Soon' and it's been 2,000 years."
    biggrin
  14. Watching various things on TV this evening & had half an hour spare in the schedules so switched over to watch a bit of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Luck meant that that half an hour included hearing "The Cloud", "V'Ger Flyover" & "The Force Field". Not much happened with the story but it was a great Goldsmith half-hour! Only downside was that the sound on this presentation was terrible.