• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2014
    Hilarious and brilliant!

I'll send it to my brother as he's a father and is thus forced to watch Pingu all the time.

Peter lol
  1. The "vocal" twist on Morricone's Humanity theme is a masterpiece biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2014
    plindboe wrote
    Hilarious and brilliant!

I'll send it to my brother as he's a father and is thus forced to watch Pingu all the time.

Peter lol

Glad to be of service wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I posted the Pingu video on my facebook yesterday and my mother -unaware of the reference- told me she saw it and was freaked out by it. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    applause biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Mothers....they have no business being on facebook.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2014
    I just came back from hosting a film music seminar at a local club. I talked about film music trends in the last 20 years (including clips) and then moderated a film music panel with Norwegian composers Knut Avenstroup Haugen, Gaute Storaas and Ginge.

What made my day better is that that it was a full house! It warms my heart every time I see this kind of interest in our small niche interest!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    I just came back from hosting a film music seminar at a local club. I talked about film music trends in the last 20 years (including clips) and then moderated a film music panel with Norwegian composers Knut Avenstroup Haugen, Gaute Storaas and Ginge.

What made my day better is that that it was a full house! It warms my heart every time I see this kind of interest in our small niche interest!

punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2014 edited
    This and This.

spin

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014
    Next month I move to Ghent! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    About time! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014 edited
    Yeah, true! I rent together with one of my best friends. It's a big apartment (a duplex in fact), and we both have a room and bathroom for ourselves. Took us a few months to find the perfect one.

All invited next year at the film festival of course. Or any other time. I think that during the Gentse Feesten our apartment will be receiving many friends and guests for overnight stays.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Dibs on the bed.
    And the port.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Bregt wrote
    Next month I move to Ghent! punk

finally, someone to bug during the week cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014
    Perhaps carbon dating will tell us how old this website is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2014
    Yesterday was the travel happening again, where I talked about Iceland and Corsica. Many people are still interested in Iceland and I had over 20 interested people/couples/friends whom I talked with about my trip and some which I convinced immediately.

Yesterday evening I also received the keys to the apartment. Now off to check some administration stuff with the bank. Then off to Ghent to do some cleaning and hopefully we can add a fresh layer of paint tomorrow.

And Wednesday I'm off to Vienna for work, for a JavaScript conference.

Busy week!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2014
    Cool! So you're returning to Iceland,? Good luck with the apartment (and looking forward to seeing it), and have a great trip to vienna. You can consult the horner in Vienna thread for tips on things to do, if you have the time outside the conference.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2014
    *phew!* Thank goodness no one has killed Hitler...yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/brai … olf-hitler
  4. In almost any science-fiction scenario involving time-travel, the default action is to kill Hitler.

Erm ... no. confused
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think an ability to travel back in time and change the course of events in the past would be stark evidence for multiple -probably infinite- timelines. So it wouldn't matter if we sent someone back to kill Hitler since they would be affecting a completely different timeline to ours, and we would remain unaffected by any 'butterfly fluttering', so to speak. Though I wonder, given that sending an object or person back in time likely causes the traveller to traverse 'parallel' worlds, where in space and time, relative to our universe, would it/he/she end up? You would very likely end up in space. But is it even sensible to compare locations, velocities and times between worlds? What does that even mean? Does the relationship get fuzzier the further you go back? This just raises more questions!

Ah fuck it, kill Hitler.

On an unrelated note, I have the munchies.
  5. Steven wrote

On an unrelated note, I have the munchies.

I always found that a compelling argument! wink lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    In almost any science-fiction scenario involving time-travel, the default action is to kill Hitler.

Erm ... no. confused

biggrin

My first action would be to secure myself a euro-millions jackpot.

As to killing Hitler, the assassin would have to be some kind of sociopath, thankfully the vast majority of people aren't capable of killing another human being.

...and getting close to him isn't going to be esy either.
  6. That depends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMeesE4Nlhg

cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I had a dream about Hitler once. I was living next door to him. One day the SS started shelling my house and I had to go and hide in the attic, where I found Luciano Pavarotti. We sang a song together. Then I woke up.
  7. What did you sing? "Nessun dorma" (Noone sleep)? Would have been fitting.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh, that would have been perfect, but I think it was something by Neil Diamond.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014
    http://www.nooz.gr/image.ashx?fid=67266 … &h=225
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Not funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014
    Two things made my day a little better:

1. Got my PC back from repairs after two weeks. It was apparently sent to Hamburg(!), of all places. Glad to shelf my Samsung Galaxy tablet.

2. My mom and dad! They were both in the regional news recently, in a segment involving the library situation in my hometown in the South. My mom is a librarian and my dad is a local politician, and they've been fighting for a new library for 20 years (and the debate has raged for 30!) -- opposed by stupid rightwing flanks that dont' see the value in culture. Well, they won the vote at last! I don't know if it's available outside Norway, but you can watch the segments here (my dad is in the first, my mom in second):

http://www.nrk.no/sorlandet/bibliotekst … 1.11566959
    I am extremely serious.