• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    2. My mom and dad! They were both in the regional news recently, in a segment involving the library situation in my hometown in the South. My mom is a librarian and my dad is a local politician, and they've been fighting for a new library for 20 years (and the debate has raged for 30!) -- opposed by stupid rightwing flanks that dont' see the value in culture. Well, they won the vote at last! I don't know if it's available outside Norway, but you can watch the segments here (my dad is in the first, my mom in second):

http://www.nrk.no/sorlandet/bibliotekst … 1.11566959

Nice to see! A big "Booo!" to Lars Erik Ødegården I think?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    2. My mom and dad! They were both in the regional news recently, in a segment involving the library situation in my hometown in the South. My mom is a librarian and my dad is a local politician, and they've been fighting for a new library for 20 years (and the debate has raged for 30!) -- opposed by stupid rightwing flanks that dont' see the value in culture. Well, they won the vote at last! I don't know if it's available outside Norway, but you can watch the segments here (my dad is in the first, my mom in second):

http://www.nrk.no/sorlandet/bibliotekst … 1.11566959

Nice to see! A big "Booo!" to Lars Erik Ødegården I think?

Indeed! Glad you could make that out without understanding the language.

Interestingly, I haven't seen my dad since Christmas, and I was surprised to see him without the glasses. He underwent an eye surgery for cataract a few weeks ago and apparently don't need them anymore. We see each other through the news! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014 edited
    Why bother with Iceland or Norway when you can come and see in the UK cool wink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26378027
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014
    Cool. I wasn't aware you had that over there.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014
    well, they aren't, not normally anyway.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited
    This thread doesn't get updated a lot lately.

Anyhow, as you may have noticed I haven't been around a lot. The past month I signed the contract for the apartment in Gent. I painted, did a lot of shopping for furniture (both used and the Swedish giant), had a trip to Vienna for work, ... A very busy month!

Now I'm finally living at my apartment. Started with some cool, hot, jazzy music by Michel Legrand (thank you Spotify).

You are all invited when you are around. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014
    Looking forward to it, Bregt!

I'm crossing all my fingers in toes in hope that the upcoming WSA has more interesting guests than 2013, and that work doesn't come in the way when October is here. So that I can come and see your apartment!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014
    Just when I thought Glastonbury Festival couldn't get any better, it gets FAB!

cool punk http://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/thunderb … -festival/ punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Just when I thought Glastonbury Festival couldn't get any better, it gets FAB!

cool punk http://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/thunderb … -festival/ punk cool

I have zero connection to either Barry Gray or Gerry Anderson, but themes like THUNDERBIRDS have popped up on various compilations I've owned over the years. Fun stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That is awesome! shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2014
    Congratulations with your apartment, Bregt! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2014 edited
    Thanks!

Btw, hello! wave
    Kazoo
  2. Tonight I had the birding 'scope out in the back garden and my son and I were looking at the moon. Great to see the craters, etc. We then went hunting for Saturn and the look on David's face when I showed him - for the first time - Saturn with its rings tilted so that they were clearly visible. Anne was similarly amazed at the views (also her first time seeing them "live").

Nice!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Cheese puffs. Love them. Nom nom nom nom...
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2014
    Synchrotones wrote
    Cheese puffs. Love them. Nom nom nom nom...

Which ones?

( I agree too....CHEESE PUFFS lick )
  4. Timmer wrote
    Synchrotones wrote

Which ones?

Which? shocked There are more than one? Just bog-standard Sainsbury's own brand cheese puffs.

I'm starting to feel a bit sickly now...
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Synchrotones wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Synchrotones wrote

Which ones?

Which? shocked There are more than one? Just bog-standard Sainsbury's own brand cheese puffs.

I'm starting to feel a bit sickly now...

biggrin ( you think Thor would be feeling sickly by now? wink )

I like Tesco's own brand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Being back Godess Stavi
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  5. Stavroula wrote
    Being back :stavroula:

smile
    it's a good feeling eh love
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Being back :stavroula:

punk kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014
    Returning from Glastonbury this afternoon and seeing a Kestrel only 20ft away hovering about 15ft up then swooping down into the grass and lifting off with a small rodent. A truly awesome moment.
  6. Nice!
  7. I bought some sheet music for my mother today here in Munich. She's playnig the piano. What did they sell there right at the couner? Kazoos!

Now I have one too. tongue cheesy

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2014
    Yes, but it is not an MT Kazoo.

Only when you have an MT Kazoo can you post > Green!

And for that you must first meet the Magic Sky Belgian.
  8. Granted. but it is an approximation. So that until that magic moment I can practise. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In that case let us play Green!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Orange!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014
    I have a breakfast date this morning. Her favorite composition is Finlandia. Keep you posted as to how it goes.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014
    How did it go Tom?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014
    Aaaah! Finlandia!
    Dark and dramatic, eh? My type of girl! wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn