• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The best Welsh rarebit and cakes selection in their Welsh and High Tea trays ever!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. So - "Welsh rarebit" is basically a grilled toast with cheese?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. I studied in Wales for three years and I ALWAYS read "Welsh rabbit" whenever I see those words. Throws me every time.
  4. According to wikipedia "rarebit" is the dialectal version of "rabbit". Like "Falscher Hase" for "meatloaf".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014
    Amongst recipes I've tried is raw egg, cheese and whole grain mustard mushed up into a thick goo, spread on toasted bread and then put under the grill.

Believe me, its delicious!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. That sounds like what we call a "Bauernomlett" (Farmer's Omlette) in Germany.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    That sounds like what we call a "Bauernomlett" (Farmer's Omlette) in Germany.

Give me the recipe, I'll try it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Just put Spiders and eggs in it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. biggrin

Here is one recipe I found in English. we use potatos instead of toast. There is no cheese in this version but there are hundreds of variaties. Many have cheese, especially in southwest Germany and Switzerland.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bauernomle … rs-omelet/
  7. Eating spiders.

Crabfish is related to spiders. Indigenous people in the jungles of Brazil do indeed catch, roast and eat tarantulas. It's said to taste like crabs.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    biggrin

Here is one recipe I found in English. we use potatos instead of toast. There is no cheese in this version but there are hundreds of variaties. Many have cheese, especially in southwest Germany and Switzerland.

Mmmmmm! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Eating spiders.

Crabfish is related to spiders. Indigenous people in the jungles of Brazil do indeed catch, roast and eat tarantulas. It's said to taste like crabs.

I'm sure D would love it.
  8. I'm sure he likes roasted crabs. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    I'm sure he likes oiled crabs. biggrin

Fact!
  9. Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    biggrin

Mmmmmm! lick

You can also add mushrooms.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Did someone mention 'shrooms?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Eating spiders.

I'm sure D would love it.

Now might be a good time to find a link about people who eat cats. I'm sure I remember he was all in favour of that last time we discussed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I bet it tastes like chicken.
  10. Ask Alf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1QxOmbMZ0
  11. Anyway, I think that some rarebit recipes also contain ale.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014
    Steven wrote
    I bet it tastes like chicken.

Everything taste like chicken except for humans which taste of pork... wink apparently. I read something somewhere that reported some tribe in some place in Indonesia didn't like the meat from white men because it was too salty. This was from the 17 or 18 hundreds where explorers and missionaries would have ate a diet of salted preserved meats and the like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014
    Eating spiders and cats? fuck you all.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014
    Going off to a movie today that I have no idea what it is. A nice surprise is in store for me.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  12. sdtom wrote
    Going off to a movie today that I have no idea what it is. A nice surprise is in store for me.
    Tom

Hopefully the film is a nice surprise too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014
    Saw the film "The Giver" with Bridges and Streep, music by Beltrami. It was pleasant enough with an interesting story.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014
    I made a return to a store today that went smooth
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014 edited
    They say that moving house can be one of the most stressful life events one can go through. My girlfriend and I just got a lovely new place together and I couldn't be happier. What a breeze. Although it made me realise just how little stuff I have. I wish I had more stuff... sad
  13. Well, too much stuff can be a burden too. I am in the process of re-storing and sorting my entire CD collection. I realize that I don't want to get it very much bigger. I'll seriously stop collecting and rely on Spotify and thelike. I will buy any next Williams score. But I am going to be picky from now on.

All the best in the new home!

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    Well, the vast majority of my CD collection has been kept at my parents' house since I moved out so that would probably explain it!
  14. Exactely the same here. But even so ...