• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    LSH wrote
    They say that moving house can be one of the most stressful life events one can go through. My girlfriend and I just got a lovely new place together and I couldn't be happier. What a breeze. Although it made me realise just how little stuff I have. I wish I had more stuff... sad

Careful what you wish for. After living in my last place for 18 years and moving into that one ( a large ground floor flat with garden and three rooms that echoed for months ) with so little it only took a couple hours from old living quarters to the next, by the time I left it was a month long nightmare of sorting masses of stuff out and it took two whole days to move.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I have finished to sort and re-store my antire CD collection (Estimtion: 1700. Filmmusic 910 exactely.)

I have merged my collection of classical music (which isn't very big really) with that of my mother. I have arranged it in a way that it is no all easily accessible for my mother.

Most of my classical CDs were on display in my apartment before, but they just served a decorative purpoce since I only listen to the digital files I have ripped. At my parental home they are now at the disposal of my mother.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. I find myself wishing I had the space to have my CDs on shelves. Sometimes I just fancy picking an album off the shelf and popping it in the player. Especially when the albums are not on Spotify.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. The bulk of my CDs, including everything film music, is now stored in plastic boxes for lack of shelves.
  4. Hearing How To Train Your Dragon in an unexpected place: the girlfriend was watching the World Equestrian Games and Charlotte Dujardin won a drassage test to the music off Httyd! John Powell must be proud biggrin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  5. Synchrotones wrote
    Hearing How To Train Your Dragon in an unexpected place: the girlfriend was watching the World Equestrian Games and Charlotte Dujardin won a drassage test to the music off Httyd! John Powell must be proud biggrin

Ah, that explains your Facebook post!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. We were viewing a house today (seeing as we're looking to move) and came across a guy who looked very much like Alexandre Desplat. Slightly longer hair. It wasn't him... I don't think. I mean, what would he be doing, living in Sheffield, right? But it was uncanny.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2014
    Synchrotones wrote
    Alexandre Desplat

I was expecting a picture of the guy.

Unless that is a picture of the guy, in which case yes, Alexandre Desplat would appear to be living in Sheffield.
  7. Steven wrote
    I was expecting a picture of the guy.

I'm not sure how I'd get away with taking a picture of the guy. I used that picture to illustrate what the guy looked like. .............. it made sense when I posted it. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    My brother made it safe and well to Bristol and he is smiling! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  8. I s he going to meet Timmer? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    He is going to stay there for at least a year so when I visit he is probably going to meet Timmer!wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2014
    Meeting up with the brother of an acquaintance from an Internet forum doesn't sound awkward at all.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Aren't we one big loving family? wink
  9. What made my day "better"? Girlfriend walked in on me 'conducting' the pc. I was playing something I wrote. #feelingembarrassed shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2014
    Better walking on you airplaying and conducting on your pc that playing with something else in front of the pc. Never forget that. #neverhappenedtome #fromwhatireadaround #stevenyoubastardyouinfectedmewiththisstupidhashtagthing #bloodyapplefanboy
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014
    I started Spanish again today! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014
    Brava!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. It's the German National Day, the Day of German Unity.

I installed an new TV set. A small one (32''), but it is just an addition, not for every day use.

Also I fell a rather large tree and chopped it up to firewood. It stood on my mother's private ground. Even so the law would have required me to get a permit since it was a leave tree. But w.t.f.? On my private ground I plant and fell as many trees as I please. smile

I think I'ver earned a cool bear now.

drink Volker
  11. Captain Future wrote

Here you go.
  12. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Here you go.

God bless my orthografy! biggrin

PS: Coming from Berlin you know about cool bears of course. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2014
    Keira Knightley was in our bar tonight. shocked

I served her a sticky toffee pudding.

cool
  13. I've not heard that euphemism before! wink
  14. You are naughty Alan. If the lady sees this there will be no dessert today. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've not heard that euphemism before! wink

biggrin
  15. Had a tax rebate from HMRC yesterday of over £4000!

The tax system is so bad that I have to pay tax estimated on a good year even when next year isn't so good. Then when I fill out tax form for not-so-good year I get the overpaid amount back.
  16. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Had a tax rebate from HMRC yesterday of over £4000!

The tax system is so bad that I have to pay tax estimated on a good year even when next year isn't so good. Then when I fill out tax form for not-so-good year I get the overpaid amount back.

This might have come across as being a bit show offy but it wasn't intended to be.

I was just pleased to have managed to come through the (I believe) unfair process of working out the tax the self-employed need to pay the government, especially for someone whose income is not constant from year-to-year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    This might have come across as being a bit show offy but it wasn't intended to be.

Not at all! shocked
    Very pleased you got the system to work for you.
    Not easy these days. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2014
    Today couldn't have been any better. My beautiful daughter Lily was born. Very happy tonight and not sure what to do with myself, in the house by myself for the last time in quite a while!